Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Talladega Results - August 27th

TST is back in action this Saturday Night September 3rd featuring a full racing program in all divisions. It’s also Kids Night with kids bike races and Merchants Night with Door Prizes to be given out. Also don’t forget to wear your favorite team gear as we have our annual College Football kickoff party where the best dressed Alabama fan and best dressed Auburn fan win a prize package.

Gates open at 5PM with racing scheduled to begin at 7:30. For more information you can call the speedway office at (256) 831-1413 or visit the tracks official website at www.talladegashorttrack.com.

KILPATRICK CHEVROLET SUPER LATEMODELS
    1) Terry Smith 2) Jason Hiett 3) Jason Wilson 4) Tim Roszell 5) Chris Jones 6) Danny Peoples
    7) Jackson Hale 8) Jon Miller 9) Brandon Roberts 10) Brian Reese 11) Brandon McCallum
    12) Skip Freeman 13) Brent Roberts 14) Stacey Holmes 15) Jason Morris 16) Adam Martin
    17) Tim Busha 18) Chris Thomas 19) Earl Smith 20) Virgil Taylor 21) Dillon Crim 22) Jeff Johns
    23) Jimmy Ivester 24) Rod Carroll

SPORTSMAN
    1) Dustin Stewart 2) Adam Cummings 3) Joe Noojin 4) Logan Yates 5) Jonathan Chapman
    6) Montana Dudley 7) Buddy George 8) Cameron Heath 9) Randy Holder 10) Aaron Huffstutler
    11) Carl Hickman 12) Paul Allred 13) Chris Hornsby 14) Gary McDonald 15) Landon Sims
    16) Chris Shinn 17) Rusty Johnson 18) Shane Holder 19) Bubba Lackey

CRATE LATEMODELS
    1) Jimmy Elkins 2) Brian Ponder 3) Carlton Freeman 4) Ryan King 5) Adam Gauldin
    6) Lee Burdett 7) Todd Darda 8) Mike Combs 9) Ken Pate 10) Bret Holmes
    11) Maddox Mullinax 12) Nick Waugh 13) Red Farmer 14) Mikey Donahoo
    15) Karl Parks 16) Dennis Hale 17) Ronnie Revis 18) Chase Edge 19) Todd Watson

OPEN WHEEL MODIFIEDS
    1) Michael Strickland 2) Eddie Brannon 3) Clark Gary 4) Kevin Waddell 5) David Conner
    6) Tommy Moore 7) Shawn Cater 8) Billy Bryant 9) Chris Achenbach 10) Destin Mince
    11) Josh Trammell 12) Lakeetha Skinner 13) Bradley Johnson

THUNDER 92.7 WTDR THUNDERCARS
    1) Chris Yarbrough 2) Sam Hughes 3) Bobby Joe Robinson 4) Zach Shelton 5) Adam Magouirk
    6) Chris Sorenson 7) Mike McCrellas 8) Scott Magouirk 9) David Kay 10) David Tucker
    11) Tony Thompson 12) Phillip Runfola 13) Ricky Turner 14) Dewayne Quick
    15) Brandon Crosby

FARMERS INSURANCE OF OXFORD STREET STOCKS
    1) Andy Davis 2) Russell Chapman 3) Phillip Haynes 4) Chris Howell 5) Haley Pitts
    6) Brandon Wells 7) Wayne Mizzell 8) Larry Ausborn 9) Jeremy Newton 10) Troy Smith
    11) Joseph Champion 12) Bobby Clark 13) Robert Nelson 14) Chris Fowler 15) Corey Pressley
    16) Jimmy Gainey

DORSEYS SUPERMARKET HOT SHOTS
    1) Byron Madison 2) Taylor Gowers 3) Dustin Mullinax 4) Quinton Wooten 5) Alvin Gaddy
    6) Brent Gowers 7) Chase McAvoy 8) Josh Cruise 9) Josh Clark 10) Skylar Seals
    11) Kaitlyn Pressley 12) Nathan Baker 13) Starr Key 14) Timmy Runfola 15) Joshua Childers

Its about time Smith won a so called big race, he has been racing for thirty years and this is the first big race he ever won!!! The race was boring, he started on the pole and led all 38 laps.. Heard some people talking and said he was a big cry baby and he always walks around the pits like he owns the place!! Said he was arrogant and a big a** kisser!!! I asked where else he races and they said he never leaves TST!! So I guess after all those years of racing it was time he won a big race, if you consider that a big race!!!

I don't personally know Terry, although I met him 5 yr ago when I was 10 and he was pretty nice in my opinion. I'm pretty new to dirt late model racing and don't know who all has done what, but he seems like he can do good just about anywhere, but remember, I'm just speculating, so I don't know. He definately can get around TST though. Again, just my opinion.

From what I heard he should get around TST because he has been racing there for thirty years and they said he never goes anywhere else to race and if he does he doesn't do any good!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NYDIRT View Post
    From what I heard he should get around TST because he has been racing there for thirty years and they said he never goes anywhere else to race and if he does he doesn't do any good!!!
    And where did YOU finish??

Yet another grandstand driver..............SMDH. And whoever your driver is NYDIRT, I guess Terry has been kicking their @$$ for 30 years. If I have to run TST for 30 years I'll be happy with that. I wish some of you would really by you a D@mn car where you'll know exactly how much this cost for the little pay we get. If they go up to $30 to get in the stands where we could get our due pay are you gonna come and pay that.....why hell no you aren't. So I really wish if all your gonna do is come judge and talk about this person or that person... just stay your A$$ at home.

And yes I know Terry personally, he's helped me countless times over the past 5 years. And I finished second in crates Saturday night. And I guess you finished on row 30 covered in dust...Its amazing how people make these faceless posts.

Have yourself a nice day!!

Brian Ponder
    BPRacing

"The race was boring, he started on the pole and led all 38 laps.. "

Terry had a fast car... Don't gues you was watching 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place most of the race. They were having all out war. Track was dry, but other than just Terry hitting his mark it was a good race.

Not a Smith fan, but glad to see somebody win with regular tires.

its funny how all yall fans can tell who can drive or not.. where was you at bout a month ago when he won 4 in a row.. terry is far from (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)y.. he will help anybody.. instead of yall running yalls mouth on the internet why want yall come tell the drivers face to face.. terry smith is prolly the only car there that is not cheating on tires or nothing else.. he just had the best car saturday night!!! it dont matter if he starts in the rear hes always up front at the end of the race.. and terrys been to plenty of places besides talladega.. shows how much you know about him.. so if you have anything else to say please come saturday night and tell us to our face..

thanks,
    David kay

What are you talking about regular tires, I thought TST was open Hoosier rule! That is the best rule out there on tires IMO

i could not make it sat but how did they miss it if they were runing american racers

I was talking about regular tires that are not prepped, soaked, juiced,etc.

Were they running American Racers? I did not look that close!

No, or not that I know of.

The track was just right Saturday night for the soaked stuff!!!

JUSTDIRT from where i was siting the way he checked out on everone i would say he was the only one not on regular or soaked are whatever because he showed them the way and i think he deserves every win he gets because tst is the most competitive dirt tracks in the south baring none good win TSR

Amen brother good job tsr

If you would read, I was giving him credit for winning without prepped tires. Regular tires as in not soaked. He had them covered.

what differance does it make and who cares they were black and hoosier they are legal and looks like whatever he is doing the other guys need to find them some his fix had them covered great job tsr

I like the way you think, black and round and says Hoosier, I don't think all these testing procedures that there series have gone to are very accurate