Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I recently contacted Rocket about a chassis seminar cause I felt it would be interesting to learn more about why they color coded rather than give specific measurements. My experience being mostly karting realize much is done to keep things simple for the weekend warrior.
    I felt compelled to reply on the post cause many of the local runners I have been around tend to jack wieght on latemodels which I believe because of deceleration & changing track conditions creates an unpredictable effect. I think many in karts may believe I did this on karts but I constantly scaled to reset cross weight to my 1 constant rate. I believe the same applies to late models with given spring rates(I was not above chop-cut rebuild to change spring rates of a kart). I also believe stagger is figured by track size, vehicle track width, percentage of track straight away footage vs turn footage but I may be wrong a lot of time has passed since I attempted to figure the formula or looked at the formula. I would have to refind the equation. I am interested in the front geometry cause on karts after figuring the previous figures the only changes I made was caster/camber. Irealize latemodels are much more involved but as with any experiment limit the variables & improve each week without losing equipment. The track rarely changes con figure ation!

Which upper do you move. The only reason i ask is because I thought the Black had a farther left RC centerline then the blue, which was why the drove yawed out more. Moving the RF up at the inner pivot point would move it farther left correct so moving the LF would make more sense. Can someone tell the full details here?

Quote Originally Posted by 7uptruckracer View Post
    Which upper do you move. The only reason i ask is because I thought the Black had a farther left RC centerline then the blue, which was why the drove yawed out more. Moving the RF up at the inner pivot point would move it farther left correct so moving the LF would make more sense. Can someone tell the full details here?
    Yes, a black car has a RC to the left. I do not know where these guys got the misinformation on moving the RF control up will make it drive like a blue car. The mounting points between a blue car and black car are completely different.

Well moving the RF upper up will shift it farther left it was my understanding the Blue cars weren't as far left as the blacks.......If anything wouldn't i go down or the left up? I guess you could dublicate feel maybe but thats about it