Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

yes i do run a 90/10 damper is this bad or good that i do

Measure your rear end to frame rail at ride height. Put jack stands under frame and remove rear shocks and springs. Put jack under the middle of rear end and jack it up to your ride height. Move the rear end up and down on the right rear and left rear just like it travels as roll steer. If nothing is binding there check as you put your springs and shocks back on. Make sure to check your left rear shock drop. With a 9in shock you still may need a 1in or 2in extenion on your shock but make sure it does not bottom out when it drops off the bars. There is a sweet spot there. As for springs with a metric clip I would start out with 800LF 750 OR 700 RF 200 LR 175 RR. On the scales around 57.5 to 58 rear 52.5 53 left 49 49.5 cross on dry slick 75 or 80 lbs LR maybe even up to 120 or 130 LR. Good luck

thanks ill try this after work and see whats going on

one more thing are these %s with or with out driver and lr shock should it be mounted on inside top frame rail or out side top rail i have to diffrent mounts . Ones angled in toward center line. others outside up and down. and these are coilovers also if that matters

One time we mounted the 9010 in the wrong hole on tower bracket(too far to the back) and it wouldn't let rear end drop all the way as shock was extended out all the way. Good luck and I would still call Lighnting chassis or email to get basic set up.

Get rid of the 90/10. If you start getting wheel hop under braking put it back on.

is it better to just not use the 90/10 advantages or disadvantages

It's a feel thing, some guys like it, some don't. But I would ditch it and see if thats whats keeping you from getting enough LR drop.

thanks im going to try this and see what it does saterday night and ill get back to you all thanks

Driveshaft yoke too far in ????? (wheelbase,axle square,rearsteer) Birdcage timing and index
    Last edited by 1Blacksheep; 08-31-2011 at 08:07 PM.

found the problem my ride heights were way to high in the rear

ok now how much rake would you run and should my LR shock be on the outside rail almost straight up and down or should it be layed in toward the inside mount

I have seen it run both ways... About 1" -1-1/2" on rake

The LR shock and spring should be about 6 to 8 degrees in at the top.Dont run the long pullbar without a damper shock. They will eventually break and tear a lot of stuff up. If you dont want a shock up there you can run a dummy shock to catch the rear end if the pullbar breaks.You should call and get a setup sheet.People on the internet mean well but some of them dont know what you have and will give you bad info. You cant listen to eveybody that has an opinion, some will help you and some will steer you wrong.I am the guy that built the car and can help you if you call.The only thing that I cant help you with is if the brackets, birdcages. etc. has been changed from original.
    Don Adams 606 878=7223

Default Lightning

Best call you will ever make.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

ok i got a bigger problem i swapped the front springs around and set all the ride heights to where they were spose to be. Well the bad was i had -275 pounds of bite on the scales and could not get it up over 0. So i put it all back to where it was. lookin for anything here

These guys are right. Call or email lightning. Give them the number off left frame rail. They will email you the base. I did that very thing and my lightning rocked! And mine drops so far when I lower it from the lift it tries to push off to one side! lol!

You need to call Mr. Adams as he has made the offer. Even if the car is a copy ,( if it was copied correct) I am sure he will still help ya out. Dons a pretty cool dude and has helped those that don't even have his car. Make the CALL.

I have to say that was a good call i made to mr.adams helped out found my problems that were wrong with the car. thanks everyone for your advise found out alot bout mods i didnt know so you guys can help me later on. but a big thanks to lighting chassis for the help went 12 to 5 this week

There are many mods to select for and each one has their own unique capabilities. Choose what your car fits the most.