Thread: Brake help

Default Brake help

I'm building a new car and I have to run a stock master cylinder,and the only one I have is one off a metric car. Do I need to run a proportioning valve, or do I just run lines straight off of it and split them to the calipers? I have disks on rear also. The master cylinder was on a brake booster which I no longer have, and was just going to mount it up without one. Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by D21; 09-02-2011 at 06:18 PM.

I see youre located next to Fairbury, what track requires a stock OEM master cylinder? I know FALS doesnt.

Im actually going to try to go to Kokomo to run with the Thunder Cars in mid October and that is their rule. Over the winter I'm going to put a dual pedal set up in, but for now I'm trying to put the stock one in.

I never used to use the prop. valve or the brake booster with the stock master cyls. This was 10+ yrs. ago. I ran lines right from the master cyl to the wheels and used a tee to go to each wheel. I used 1/4" line to the fronts & 3/16" line to the rears, also used a RF shutoff valve with worn pads on RF.
    Last edited by Dirtman29; 09-03-2011 at 11:02 PM.

Ok, I'll try that. Thanks alot.