Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 9/3/11 - Lawrenceburg Speedway - Budweiser UMP Modifieds

BUDWEISER U.M.P. MODIFIEDS
    September 3, 2011 – Lawrenceburg, Indiana – Lawrenceburg Speedway

Heat 1 – 1. 6 Daryl Herbert, 2. 00X Randy Moore, 3. 07 Cory Skipton, 4. 25M Billy Meredith, 5. 91 Mike Marischen, 6. 11A Adam Hutson, 7. 47 Rob Kraus, 8. Z9 Dana Moore, 9. 16 Shawn Negangard.

Heat 2 – 1. 77 Joey Kramer, 2. D48 Derek Groomer, 3. 6H Adam Hamilton, 4. 68H John Holt, 5. 19 Andrew Corbin, 6. 97 Mike Bechelli, 7. 96 Sean Johnson, 8. 21S Ron Strack, 9. 06 TJ Schulz.

Heat 3 – 1. 20 Weasel Rhoades, 2. 6B Dave Baldwin, 3. 09 Chad Combs, 4. 23 Kyle Schornick, 5. 12 Derrick Davis, 6. 29C John Chase, 7. 14 John Martin, DNS 17 Brandon Ramsey, DNS 44 Allen Waltermire.

Heat 4 – 1. 7G Chuck Griffis, 2. 41 Kelly Craddock, 3. J1 Jason Largent, 4. 11H Pete Holt, 5. 1* Ryan Morton, 6. 38 Rick Hudson, 7. 316 Joe Brewer, 8. 1 Tyler Fojtik.

B Main 1 – 1. 12 Derrick Davis, 2. 14 John Martin, 3. 91 Mike Marischen, 4. 06 TJ Schulz, 5. 11A Adam Hutson, 6. Z9 Dana Moore, 7. 47 Rob Kraus, DNS 1 Tyler Fojtik, DNS 29C John Chase.

B Main 2 – 1. 16 Shawn Negangard, 2. 19 Andrew Corbin, 3. 316 Joe Brewer, 4. 96 Sean Johnson, 5. 1* Ryan Morton, 6. 21S Ron Strack, 7. 97 Mike Bechelli, 8. 38 Rick Hudson, DNS 17 Brandon Ramsey.

Feature – 1. 20 Weasel Rhoades, 2. D48 Derek Groomer, 3. 77 Joey Kramer, 4. 6H Adam Hamilton, 5. 16 Shawn Negangard, 6. 11H Pete Holt, 7. 6B Dave Baldwin, 8. 68H John Holt, 9. 41 Kelly Craddock, 10. 12 Derrick Davis, 11. 19 Andrew Corbin, 12. 00X Randy Moore, 13. 14 John Martin, 14. J1 Jason Largent, 15. 07 Cory Skipton, 16. 6 Daryl Herbert, 17. 7G Chuck Griffis, 18. 09 Chad Combs, 19. 25M Billy Meredith, 20. 23 Kyle Schornick.

Lap Leaders – 1-4 Derek Groomer, 5-20 Weasel Rhoades.

Point Standings – 1. Derek Groomer-2,515; 2. Chuck Griffis-1,970; 3. Jason Largent-1,775; 4. Weasel Rhoades-1,770; 5. Broc Burton-1,480; 6. Jeff Harris-1,450; 7. Joey Kramer-1,370; 8. Cory Skipton-1,335; 9. Rick Bingham-1,295; 10. Scotty Kincaid-1,275.

Next Race – September 17 – Final Points Night
    Lawrenceburg Chevrolet Sprints, Budweiser UMP Modifieds, Impact Sports Pure Stocks

For More Information – www.lawrenceburgspeedway.com

Default Lap Timing Reports

Lap timing reports are now posted at www.westholdtiming.com.

Question Lap times

Transponders are the berries. All racetracks should use them.I really like getting the lap times of the races.It would really be good to have 2 or 4 scoring loops around the track to keep from having to pass the same cars over and over just to get negated by the caution flag.Kudos to Lawrenceburg for a well run program.
    Don Adams #2011 mod
    Last edited by HEAVY DUTY; 09-04-2011 at 09:11 PM.

Default burg

I agree first class facility, except for the track. Someone needs to water less and pack more. Look at all the DNF's in all the classes, that tells the story.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Default Don Adams

Don Adams brings his Lightning House car up for Weasel Rhodes to drive after Weasel crashed his car at Moler on friday. Weasel wins Lawrenceburg and scores more in the CMC points... Don Adams you truly go out of your way to take care of the guys that drive your chassis.There are not many like you,there are a few but not many. You are an example of sportsmanship in a sport that is full of ego's and attitudes.
    Anyone looking to buy a great chassis from a guy that not only builds'em but race's them also check, with Donnie Adams at Lightning Chassis. Don Adams is a Class Person all the way. He don't just sell you a chassis he has the experience and service to get you where ya want to go....WINNING !!!
    And Congratulations To Weasel on the win at the Burg.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAddDirt View Post
    I agree first class facility, except for the track. Someone needs to water less and pack more. Look at all the DNF's in all the classes, that tells the story.
    Agree 100 percent with you Joey. If Dave truly spends all those hours preparing the track like he says, 2 thing come to mind. 1) He does not care about anything but the sprint cars. 2) he does not know what he is doing. either is no good for the burg. I've heard that the sprint guys don't like a slick track, because it is harder on the tires. Is this the reason for the horrible track conditions???? maybe. Just look at the track prep several races ago, smooth and slick awesome racing. It looks like he is capable of preparing a good track surface, if he wants to, but it appears he doesn't.
    In the back, going 2_The_Front!!!

Lawrenceburg also has another issue that they have failed to address. ROUGH DRIVING Cars deliberating taking out other cars such as Groomer taking out the 96 car in the heat race because he couldn't pass him. The last feature also had a lot of incidents where some drivers should have been sent to the tail for rough driving.
    Groomer opened that door with all the cars he took out and now you can't close it.
    It will only get worse.

Default I agree....

Quote Originally Posted by 454 View Post
    Lawrenceburg also has another issue that they have failed to address. ROUGH DRIVING Cars deliberating taking out other cars such as Groomer taking out the 96 car in the heat race because he couldn't pass him. The last feature also had a lot of incidents where some drivers should have been sent to the tail for rough driving.
    Groomer opened that door with all the cars he took out and now you can't close it.
    It will only get worse.
    If the 96 had turned the 48 then 96 would have been sent to the tail for rough driving and the 48 would have got his spot back.....It helps to be a member of the buddy club.

Pictures are posted on

http://www.sraracingphotos.com/Cars/...151794_6dFFSv7

and the incident you all are talking about is on one of those pages. Check it out.

Yes there have been some rough driving issues this year.And yes some of them have went with out penalty. But to give my view of the 48-96 issue, the 96 was alreadyway past saving it when the 48 moved him.

Default photos from lawrenceburg 9/3/11

Great pics, Dirt in my eye. Congrats to Weasel, and Lightning Chassis on the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Yes there have been some rough driving issues this year.And yes some of them have went with out penalty. But to give my view of the 48-96 issue, the 96 was alreadyway past saving it when the 48 moved him.
    We will never know if the 96 could have saved it, but the 48 made sure he didn't. Pictures don't lie!!!!

Yup, Front bumper smashed from the contact! He sure never avoided the contact, that's for sure!
    In the back, going 2_The_Front!!!

Very nice pics. And no they don't lie. The 96 looks to be full lock to right and 48 hard on gas going forward. Yes contact was made and bumper bent. The 96 was going around by himself and the 48 just made sure he did'nt take him with him. Not affiliated with or know any of the parties involved just my point of view. But do agree, has been way to much that should have been taken into account this year that has been looked upon by blind eyes.

Let's hope they listen to you joey. Instead of the keyboard commandos that don't even race

Quote Originally Posted by jared1624 View Post
    Let's hope they listen to you joey. Instead of the keyboard commandos that don't even race
    Not sure who this statement is pointed at. But will agree with Joey the water truck should see less time and sheeps foot more. But I would'nt look for it anytime soon.

Default no luck

I have mentioned it numberous times to lighten up on the water.

joey, was your left front shock broke? if so do you think it cost you the win...

Default shock

Broke the shock bolt on the lower a-arm.
    I do not think I could have passed wheasel. he was fast. I might have been able to get close to him, but passing would have been hard.