Default Afco Edge 10 shock package

our shocks are starting to get to the end of their life....ok they are all but dead....this winter we are looking to get a package and we have talked to a few people that have got this package and it definitely made them more consistent instantly. a top ten car became a top 5 car overnight. has anyone else used this package? does the $1700 price tag seem reasonable for a 10 shock package? could i go to a shock builder and get a package that would give me the same or better performance for less??

You get what you pay for!

I agree you get what you pay for. I think your better off picking up a used set of higher end shocks. I am not an afco fan, especially off the shelf. The tuned stuff like envy sells may be a good shock, but for the money I will get an ohlins or Penske set. That is my preference. Call some of the shock builders, you will get a better set than off the shelf more often than not.

do you have any shock rules?

Off of Mars Race Cars web site. A little more money but a lot more shock! Plus you'll have Jimmy and Chris Mars to help you get everything figured out...

SHOCKS:
    Used Sets of Ohlins Shocks, Rebuilt w/ Customized Valving!
    $550.00 each

Used Sets of Integra Shocks, Rebuilt w/ Customized Valving!
    $550.00 each

Used Sets of Penske Shocks, Rebuilt w/ Customized Valving!
    $600.00 each

Envy is top notch. If you are planning on going with afco, I wouldn't buy the edge package, I would just call Kirk and get the same package redone by him. We have ran numerous brands, but getting a set from him made a huge difference.

Later,

WV Race Fan

yeah, our shock rules are pretty strict, we have to run twin tubes of any brand, no gas except a traction shock in front of the LR. and it sounds like next year they are only allowing standard twin tubes. no adjustable or canisters, just plain regular twins.
    Last edited by rubbinsracin; 09-12-2011 at 11:05 AM.