Thread: Clutch cable

Default Clutch cable

Someone a long while back posted a quadrant type clutch cable that would aid in easily adapting a pinto tranny/clutch fork to a fox mustangs clutch tower/pedal. The cable that is standard in this mustang I'm looking at has no adjustment and is set up for hydraulic self adjusting clutch system, and the pinto tranny in it is set up for a manually adjusting cable at the bell housing..

There once was a link to the recommended cable on ebay?

If any of you older folks who've been round for awhile can re-post that link to that cable I'd much appreciate it..

i think you can get adjustable cable kits from the aftermarket. ford used adjustable cable setups on mustang/capri, fairmont/zepher in 78 to 81 or 82. my 78 fairmont and 80 mustang both had adjustable cables just like the pintos had.

olin

Get a cable for a 74 Pinto or Mustang. I put on of these on a 1980 Mustang that was an automatic car. There may be a gromet on the firewall covering up a hole for the cable. If not just make sure when you drill a hole for the cable that it is in line with the top of the clutch pedal. You may have to weld a washer or something to attach the cable to the firewall. But it is an easy fix.