Crate Late Model:
    Andy Pickleseimer
    Derek ellis
    Aaron wheat

Limited late model:
    Shannon Bearden
    Brian Jackson
    Todd Hernandez

Also North Georgia's final race of the year will be september 24th. Everyone come out and support the track hope to have a lot of fans.

good racing tonight

Are they really cutting supers short so 99 can win the points ?

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    thats crazy

Default points

boy you can come up with some crazy ideas cant you ,no its a business decision on that .
    race race race

If everyone that would like to see super late models run would help support the track by inviting new potential fans to attend then maybe they could bring the class back as an every Sat. night class. As it stands the economy is killing the super late model shows at all the surrounding tracks as a regular show. It takes aprox. 400 fans in the stands to pay the super late model purse on a regular show night. If we want to keep this great sport of dirt track racing alive we have all got to do our part to introduce it to people that may have never attended the sport that most of us love. The economy has put a huge financial burden on the car owners, racers, fans and tracks alike, but I do understand that smart business decisions have to be made in order to keep the gates open.

Yeah they have to have 400 fans to pay. They are not cutting slm to save money.

Luckily Tri-County has been blessed with a good SLM field most of the season this year. Now the fact that they only race every other week may have something to do with that I dont know but its working for them. The last few times they have raced they have had 15, 18, 17, and 14 SLM show up. And the racing this year has been exciting for sure. I was worried the crowd would shrink too with them running against friday night football but they had a home game on friday and the stands definetly had lots of people in the seats.

I hope they can get the SLM back at NGA because I have seen tracks go down hill after cutting them out of the show like the shape tri-county was in last season. But if not it looks like sugar creek is opening up next year on saturday nights and hopefully they run the SLM weekly.

i'm sure Mr Ellis would be more than happy to run supers every week if you want to put up the money to pay their purse. some people just dont seem to understand running a racetrack is a business and a business has to make money to survive.
    Have Camera, Will Travel

Check Out My Pics @

http://mikessportsimages.com/

http://www.greenvalleyspeedway.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Superman_Racing View Post
    Luckily Tri-County has been blessed with a good SLM field most of the season this year. Now the fact that they only race every other week may have something to do with that I dont know but its working for them. The last few times they have raced they have had 15, 18, 17, and 14 SLM show up. And the racing this year has been exciting for sure. I was worried the crowd would shrink too with them running against friday night football but they had a home game on friday and the stands definetly had lots of people in the seats.

I hope they can get the SLM back at NGA because I have seen tracks go down hill after cutting them out of the show like the shape tri-county was in last season. But if not it looks like sugar creek is opening up next year on saturday nights and hopefully they run the SLM weekly.
    clevelands crowd is the same without supers for a weekly show. ten slm does not make it feesable to pay the purse they deserve. i still go either way. the steel heads and crates, plus the other classes put on a good show thats well worth the price of admission. went to n. ga saturday, racing was still good. kinda crazy to have two classes of ponies i think, jmo.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcloud View Post
    If everyone that would like to see super late models run would help support the track by inviting new potential fans to attend then maybe they could bring the class back as an every Sat. night class. As it stands the economy is killing the super late model shows at all the surrounding tracks as a regular show. It takes aprox. 400 fans in the stands to pay the super late model purse on a regular show night. If we want to keep this great sport of dirt track racing alive we have all got to do our part to introduce it to people that may have never attended the sport that most of us love. The economy has put a huge financial burden on the car owners, racers, fans and tracks alike, but I do understand that smart business decisions have to be made in order to keep the gates open.

I hear ya, come count heads next weekend in turn one and ask them if they are new fans...im doing my part, ive made at least 10 new fans fall in love this year, and i live two hours from the track now.

And my thoughts about cutting out supers and just having crates and steel heads ahhh, i dont like that idea so much supers just take it to the next level for me even if its only a 10 car field. Butttt i understand its a money thing.

dont matter what the car counts are, you have to have fans in the seats to pay the bills, i doubt the average casual fan can tell much of a difference between the limited late models and super late models anyway, not a huge difference in the qualifying times. Anyone who has been to NGS this year has seen some of the flat-out best racing in the limited class! I hate to see supers phased out also, but survival is the name. Having one super late model special a month has worked for other local tracks, one would assume it could work at NGS also. RJ made a great point while i was recently speaking with him, he said us in the racing community have to find some way to get the fans interested back in the local racing scene and attend the races locally. Hopefully the economy will pick back up as will the racing.
    ~unless you have made no mistakes in your life... be careful of stones that you throw~

Well i didn't think just cause they were chatching him in points they were not going to run them !

Quote Originally Posted by blackcloud View Post
    How do you determine which fans came to see super late models.Alot of the fans don't know the difference between crates , limiteds , or supers.Dixie had 26 Supers this past week (several N.Ga regulars) and it was probably the best race of the year.The problem with N.Ga is not the classes they run , it's the inconsistency of the whole deal , owner changes, rule changes , and taking nights off. Supers are what attract people to dirt racing, because of the high horsepower and the experience of the drivers , not crate racing(dirts version of restrictor plate racing).Doing away with supers is not the way to attract fans.It's a good way to loose them. It's like Burger King doing away with Whoppers because business is slow.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie 35 View Post
    How do you determine which fans came to see super late models.Alot of the fans don't know the difference between crates , limiteds , or supers.Dixie had 26 Supers this past week (several N.Ga regulars) and it was probably the best race of the year.The problem with N.Ga is not the classes they run , it's the inconsistency of the whole deal , owner changes, rule changes , and taking nights off. Supers are what attract people to dirt racing, because of the high horsepower and the experience of the drivers , not crate racing(dirts version of restrictor plate racing).Doing away with supers is not the way to attract fans.It's a good way to loose them. It's like Burger King doing away with Whoppers because business is slow.
    I agree.
    The 2 races at Dixie and Rome this past weekend were probably the best at either track this season. You had N. GA regulars, Alabama drivers, 2 WoO regulars, a few from North Carolina at Dixie on Saturday and of course Ronnie Johnson from Tennessee both nights. 26 supers at each race.
    I think Dixie hangs on because they have the landfill business going and the name recognition. There are so many generations of drivers there that it's amazing to still see a driver from 20 years ago still racing there along with his son or other young relative.
    You can tell the people in the stands come for the supers because many of them leave when the super feature is over and at Dixie there's usually 3 more races after them.
    Lots of competition between tracks. Let's just hope they all survive this economy and remain open

I think some of you are not giving the people in the stands enough credit. Most are very knowledgeable about what classes are out there and which ones they came to see. I also believe most come to see the SLM because most get up and leave after the SLM run. It's the class every dirt racer wants to be in someday. Alot of tracks want run the Supers till last so they can sell all the hot dogs. Personally, when all the SLM are gone, I'm going fishin!

North Georgia will NEVER succeed with the inconsistentcy that surrounds it. This year, you never knew if they were running from week to week, nor did you know what rules to go by, or what classes were running. Anyone attempting to make a track work in this economy is to be commended, but people never knew what was going on from week to week.That's not a condemnation of the Ellis family, the Youngs, the staff or anyone. It's just the truth. All envolved walked into a less then ideal situation, and gave it a shot. Maybe with the offseason coming up, if they give it a go next year, they'll have plenty of time to get things planned out and structured. Late models weekly with the crowds that I saw when I was there will not work. Times are tough, and the place has lost some people's trust. That's tough to come back from.

Look at the tracks that still do well, Dixie, Rome, TST etc. They all have had the same promoters, same schedules, same thing every year. It might not knock you down, but you never have to question what's going on. In this sport that goes a long way.

In my opinion the problems @ North Ga this year started even before the season began. They had a person who held the lease who didnt have the financial backing to run the track and it wasnt until the last min that he was able to get someone to pay the bills for him. By then a lot of the racers had made their cars legal for other tracks. Then he pissed them off by not letting them have any say in the decisions. I dont blame them for taking their money and leaving.

After taking a month to get the lease away from him the owners were able to to bring in another "Promoter" and another person to provide the money to keep the track open. I'm sure losing money had a lot to do with the fact they didnt run some weeks.

All these things leave uncertainty with the fans & drivers so they started going elsewhere and once they have done that it's really hard to get them back. Its a shame because North Ga is great track with a great history but that doenst pay the bills. Its going to take someone who has deep pockets and is willing to lose money for a while to be able get the track back to being the place it once was. One thing that hurts them is the fact that most people arent willing to make a big investment in something they dont own. Maybe its time for the owners to think about selling the track to someone who is willing to make the investment to return it to what it once was.

garacedude i see your point but how bout letting the ellis famliy lease the track for twenty years cause ive got to know kelly and kevin young this year they are by far the nicest people you would want to work for they want ngs to make it and so does mr ellis but maybe next year they will have a great year full of fans and cars its been up and down way to much this year to have a good strong year for the track. i for one think mr ellis and crew can turn ngs around but they need to have the place open every weekend cause mr ellis didnt get to were he is today by making bullchit deals out here in the world. i like working for him and his wife they are good people who i do stand behind and support like you said its gonna take someone who can set the money to the side and say we got the money now lets get ngs back to were she needs to be.i think mr ellis if he wants to put up with the bullchit will do whatever it takes to be successful
    Last edited by chrisd4; 09-14-2011 at 01:07 AM.

chrisd4- i have never met Mr Ellis and wouldnt know him if he were standing right in front of me so i cant say what kind of person he is. I do agree that he couldnt be a successful enough businessman to have the money to run the track by making bad calls. A long term lease would probably be the best thing for the track owners & whoever has the lease. That way they know whatever improvements they make will pay off for them in the long run. I also hope they can turn things around because i hate to see another track shut down. Maybe they can take the winter to regroup and come back next year with a better game plan that will be successful for them. Best of luck to them !