Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tire availability

With the disappearance of 13 and 14" tires. Who has experiances with recapped tires from like towel city, hurst, retreads unlimited (any others?). FOR ASPHALT.

Our division really wants to avoid going to a racing tire. We see other tracks running hoosiers and it's costing a lot for them guys buying tires every couple/three weeks. We had been running sumitomos which i'm sure everyone that ran them agrees is a great tire. But those sob's stopped making 60 series 13's and looks like no more 14" 60 series. Cant seem to find any other company that has 60's in 13 and 14!
    Last edited by ATOYOTA; 09-11-2011 at 10:25 AM.

Pep boys I believe still carry 60 series 14" Futura GLS Super Sport & Cooper still makes the Cobra GT in a 60/14". Those I seen at Farm & Fleet just a few weeks ago.
    I have heard the Towel City tires are hard as rocks! But I have never used them myself.

That only answers 1/2 the issue... What about 13" we have some cars running 13 and some running 14. I sure don't want to buy 6 new rims to run 14's. Really sucks that anything in 60 series 13 is pretty much extinct. I see towel city has 13 and 14. We might just have to take our casings and have the recapped. I got a couple towel cities from 15 years ago and they durometer at 60 which isn't too bad. My sumitomos are 70.

Least possible cost 13" 60 series tires would be to find used Legends tires for little or nothing.
    Last edited by Racedad; 09-12-2011 at 06:26 AM.

That might be fine for one person but what about a whole division? what about someone needing a tire quick. I know legends now run Federal tires... only 205/60/13 SS657? however this tires is only available from Legends @ $92+ shipping.

I'd really like to see everyone on the same tire (13 and 14) so there are no unfair advantages in tires. It really sucks that Sumitomo quit making 60 series 13's and most 14's. as did everyone else. Plus, we need to see about stagger. With sumitomo's most guys ran 205 on right and 195 or 185 left for stagger.

So back to my question. IS anyone running recaps on asphalt? are they holding up? Besides Towel city, recaps unlimited (diamond back) and Hurst, are there any other recap sources?

we have run the towel city tires on out dirt cars. have had great luck and success with them. i have never had the tread come off or anything even at low pressures. they are now using the legends tire casings and if your running against hosiers etc, they are less flexible on the sidewalls and a little heavier but they also dont leak like the hoosier. they are radials so you cant add or subtrack stagger with air presure.
    you just have to watch towel city. they have sent us the wrong compound a couple of times and it was a hassle to make the swap to the right tire but overall, i think its a really good option.

Default Tire Rack

Check for tires on www.Tirerack.com
    JerryM

that's a waste of my time to check there. how about you check for tires 195-60-13, 205-60-13 and same for 14

how about you check out thatweb site for these tires and I'll bet you'll understand why I'm asking about recaps

So my question is AGAIN: ON ASPHALT who is running recaps? how are they working? besides towel city, recaps unlimited, and hurst.... anything else our there?????

Doesnt answer your question about recaps, but did run by this. Dont know if that helps or not.

http://shopping.yahoo.com/796326196-...19560-13-tire/
    http://www.nextag.com/195-60-13-tires/shop-html

sumitomo no longer makes any 60 series 13 and are eliminating 60 series 14" idk if i am not clear enough!!!

That web link is typical of the internet. Once something is out there pretty much impossible to elimate it. Here's a perfect example i contact that exact link last year and the don't have anything!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ATOYOTA View Post
    sumitomo no longer makes any 60 series 13 and are eliminating 60 series 14" idk if i am not clear enough!!!

That web link is typical of the internet. Once something is out there pretty much impossible to elimate it. Here's a perfect example i contact that exact link last year and the don't have anything!!!!

Dude...Lighten Up... You're asking for help, people are trying to help you with what they know. If it is out dated info, so be it. Don't berate them because of it, how do they know it's out dated?

1st, Here's an idea: BE polite to people who are trying to help you..

2nd, IF you're a douche about things, even the men or women on here that do know, will withhold their information. Is a stupid tire issue really worth berating folks, if you were so intelligent, you would have found your answer already

3rd, pick up your phone book and call your local tire shop with an old man who's been in the tire business his whole life, he's a subject matter expert and will be your best source of information on anything tire related...If you don't know that guy, then you're still too wet behind the ears or too busy treating kind folks like retards to know him.

4th, Change the aspect ratio in your class or rim size, 13" wheels are becoming dinosaurs.

5th, If you still have no answer, sell the stinking pony stock you're and get in a thouroughbred class that runs on a 15" inch wheel and go bug the Dirt Stock guys and see how much nicer they are too you when you show your rear end.

6th, Call it "CLASSIC INTERNET" to throw a link at someone. Well its easier than trying to explain simple arithmetic to a 2 year old. Use the internet as it has been engineered and get on the right page...This isn't obviously a TIRE forum, its a RACING forum. http://www.jensenhealey.com/forums/v...00&forum_id=12

7th, Throw in the towel or take a your Toyota and take a long hike. I'm sure you're imaturity won't be missed

Have a blessed day.

I did some quick searching of a low buck racing series, the 24 hours of Lemons. They can't run performance tires, but looking through the tires some teams run as 195/60/14's and 205/60/14's I have been finding some tires. Mostly I have found 195's but can find a few 205's but rarely have I found one tire brand and tire for both sizes.
    Here's one you can find
    195/60/14 FALKEN Azenis RT-615K
    Falken Ziex ZE-512 comes as a 205/60/14
    Yokohama AVS ES100 as a 205/60/14
    Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec come as 195/60/14's

These three are all performance tires with high tread wear ratings.
    Those 3 tires are all on tire rack's website, as being in stock tires.

Lots of Lemons racers are running the Falken tire on cavilers and similar small cars.
    The 205/60/14's are harder to come by, but 195/14's are out there.
    You may have to mix and match tires.
    The only thing I cannot easily find are any 13" tires.

try www.sears.com. they have a number of 13 & 14 inch tires listed in the $40-$70 range. 60 and 70 series tires. i think they will ship free to a local sears store. i still have some towel city and diamondbacks that i run on dirt. never had a failure with either one but they are a lot heavier then hoosiers and won't keep up with hoosiers. the towel city tires i have are cross grooved slicks and look like they would work on pavement.

olin

Your division sounds like a bunch of idiots if they wont go to a racing tire. You can buy 13" Asphalt takeoffs all day from $20-$75 in a wide variety of sizes..

Quote Originally Posted by ATOYOTA View Post

WHAT A FREACKIN A HOLE WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by that dude View Post
    1st, here's an idea: Be polite to people who are trying to help you..

2nd, if you're a douche about things, even the men or women on here that do know, will withhold their information. Is a stupid tire issue really worth berating folks, if you were so intelligent, you would have found your answer already

3rd, pick up your phone book and call your local tire shop with an old man who's been in the tire business his whole life, he's a subject matter expert and will be your best source of information on anything tire related...if you don't know that guy, then you're still too wet behind the ears or too busy treating kind folks like retards to know him.

4th, change the aspect ratio in your class or rim size, 13" wheels are becoming dinosaurs.

5th, if you still have no answer, sell the stinking pony stock you're and get in a thouroughbred class that runs on a 15" inch wheel and go bug the dirt stock guys and see how much nicer they are too you when you show your rear end.

6th, call it "classic internet" to throw a link at someone. Well its easier than trying to explain simple arithmetic to a 2 year old. Use the internet as it has been engineered and get on the right page...this isn't obviously a tire forum, its a racing forum. http://www.jensenhealey.com/forums/v...00&forum_id=12

7th, throw in the towel or take a your toyota and take a long hike. I'm sure you're imaturity won't be missed

have a blessed day.
    very well said!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan32 View Post
    WHAT A FREACKIN A HOLE WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    why the fk are you sticking your nose in the mans business. not one of you retards answered his qustion about retreads. and just give him totally useless $hit then give him $hit when he shows frustration about your stupidity!!!!!!!!!!!

danny you continuously prove you are the biggest A$$ hole on the board. I cant wait to beat the fking $hit out of you sister kissing mouth

so since I'm the only intellegent guy on here. Toyota, heres the deal. retreads work great and last a long time (usually all year) the down side is the casing they use. it's hit or miss if the casing is decent. we had tires that held up beautifully and had tires fail in one night. The best way to prevent crappy tires is have them cap your known good casings.

www.usedtiretacoma.com

These guys produce retread race tires (of many sizes) for several tracks in the Northwest
    I didn't say it was your fault - I just said I was blaming you.

I'm in syracuse Ny and have these if your interested.

P195/70R14 90S Snowtracker Radial st/2 Both tires where only used one winter so are still like virtually new. $50 obo.

Other than that with the exception of buying new from anywhere, try salvage yards. The one I go to has tires upon tires.