Default 2.3l ignition system

Im looking to upgrade my ignition on my 2.3l mini stock and would like to know Which stock syle ignition parts are best for racing apps. My track rules say stock ignition, no MSD. But we can modify the stock ignition w/ a GM HEI which I plan to do.

use the tfi, stock Ford 3 wire hook up. if you remote mount the tfi module on a heat sink even better.

I have used points, duraspark with Hei module, and tfi.

TFI is the only way to go IMO. Ive had the same $20 junkyard TFI dist. for 5 yrs. now & its never given me a problem.

A quick question....... slightly off Subject. Is anybody using the relatively new plasma technology Blue Phoenix Ignition Amplifier on your ignition system(s)? If so, any field reports, negative or positive? www.bluephoenixignition.com -Dave-

Default Ignition

Depends on how much you are willing to spend. Nothing beats a mel's distributor and coil! Mel knows his stuff and sends a coil with his distributor. Its all stock appearing but makes the world of difference. The best $325 you will spend and you WILL notice a difference!

Does Mels have a website or any contact information? We're looking to upgrade our ignition over the winter.

well he doesnt have his own website but his number is 919-663-2816