Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ronnie Johnson gets the Shaft at Dixie

Congrats to Fast Frank! Now lets talk about Dale Thurman and how he SCREWED RJ. RJ had the car to beat he was waiting on his moment to make the pass on Paige. We all hope Thurman spent the night in jail after that class act of running into a crew member on a 4-wheeler with his race car while exiting the track. Lets all just say not only does that make him look bad as well as his sponsors and not to mention Thurman was a government employee at one time. Thats a real class act Thurman your such a LOSER. Thats all i got to say about that!

I agree 100 percent I heard him tell the deputy he was a fireman and a policeman as they were walking him out the back gate in cuffs I was also told he told them while seated in the car they could not arrest him I guess they showed him they could. It was a totally classless act on his part in both cases he flat out ran over RJ and then hitting the 4 wheeler was worse a person could have been killed or injured. I also heard him tell them to call Marshall I guess he thought he could get him unarrested LOL. He is lucky they got the gentleman on the 4 wheeler calmed down as he wanted a piece of him real bad they should have turned him loose LOL$%&.
    Last edited by RW57; 09-18-2011 at 12:33 AM.

It is a shame...RJ don't come out to Dixie very often and to see someone just crash him like that just means he will probably not be back again for sometime...RJ is a class act and a good over all guy and the deal with that guy also running into the four wheeler is way over the line..It's one thing to run into a car ,But hitting someone on a four wheeler could of killed someone..I sure hope I don't ever need help from a Fireman like that.
    Action Figure Sold Separately !

Thurman deserved what he got. From what I heard after the races was that he was getting with assault. Guess for him, what comes around goes around. Years back he knocked out someone's teeth with his night stick one night at Dixie, in a fight that had nothing to do with. After that Thurman hid out in Westmoreland's trailer like a little girl and wouldnt even come out to talk to cops when they wanted to talk to him. He aint nothing but a piece of crap.

But also glad that the man on the four wheeler was alright

Dale Thurman, wow. I don't even know where to start. He took a man who had the race won out. Dale didnt have the car to do anything. And his class act of hitting the crew member on the four wheeler was completely stupid. He is a government official he is a fire man and a police man. I heard he spent the night in jail, but RJ dropped charged if the info I received was true. Dale should be kicked out for next year I think because that is assault with a deadly weapon. Dale better be glad the security people got to ronnie's crew never it was about to be bad. It's amazing how low dale had to stoop and hit a man on a four wheeler. Dixie speedway is a very good track but the drivers are insane and cant drive. There are a selected few you can race with and the other you can't. Dixie needs to get a grip on there local drivers.

Default Drivers

Basically you will not go to Dixie and see to many visitors because of the incompetent drivers. Thurman, Cass Fowler basically they are a bunch of redneck hicks.( They also have some good drivers and good guys. ) Its sad to have the Swims who are passionate about dirt racing and they have an excellent facility get rubbed by these jerks. They need to take care of it

Quote Originally Posted by Ford motorsports View Post
    Dale Thurman, wow. I don't even know where to start. He took a man who had the race won out. Dale didnt have the car to do anything. And his class act of hitting the crew member on the four wheeler was completely stupid. He is a government official he is a fire man and a police man. I heard he spent the night in jail, but RJ dropped charged if the info I received was true. Dale should be kicked out for next year I think because that is assault with a deadly weapon. Dale better be glad the security people got to ronnie's crew never it was about to be bad. It's amazing how low dale had to stoop and hit a man on a four wheeler. Dixie speedway is a very good track but the drivers are insane and cant drive. There are a selected few you can race with and the other you can't. Dixie needs to get a grip on there local drivers.
    Someone do something like this needs to loose his job

I saw the four wheeler after the race and one of the wheels was bent.That verywell could have been the crew members leg. Since 9/11 ,fireman have become heros to us , but the actions of that idiot last night was not heroic, it was stupid. I hope his judgement at a fire is better than his judgement as a driver.I can tolerate agressive ,even dirty drivers , but the poor judgement and inability to control themselves like the 59 and the Fowler kid display, has no place in racing. I mention the Fowler kid because he was involved in another very dangerous situation earlier in the year at Dixie and I am dissappointed that he was allowed to come back.I guess poor judgement and stupidity sells tickets.If that's the case ,there are some great salesman at Dixie.

Oh yes, by the way, the econo bomber wreck that Mr. Darby was injured in last night ,was caused by the elder Fowler's lack of self control while retaliating on another driver. I would like to know why a crate late model and limited driver was allowed to drop down two classes to run econo bomber last night. There needs to be a little more attention paid to the people who are driving these race cars. I hope Mr. Darby is ok. Thanks to poor judgement by other people, his car is not.

I seriously dont see them suspending Thurman. Mainly because he is buddy buddy with Marshal.

The right thing for Dixie to do is to suspend both Thurman and Cass for at least a year.

Quote Originally Posted by lockwire View Post
    Basically you will not go to Dixie and see to many visitors because of the incompetent drivers. Thurman, Cass Fowler basically they are a bunch of redneck hicks.( They also have some good drivers and good guys. ) Its sad to have the Swims who are passionate about dirt racing and they have an excellent facility get rubbed by these jerks. They need to take care of it
    Yep, I agree!

If I were Thurman I would still consider not going to Dixie or Rome for a long time, because RJ nation is large and in charge. I mean he wrecked the KING. So whos to say he could still end up with some pop knots. LOL He should send the Cherokee County SO a thank you card for cuffing him because if he would have made back to the pits who knows how many pop knots he would have ended up with.

Default wrecks at dixie

By any chance does anybody know who tthe super late model driver was that wrecked in hotlaps and where he was from and more importantly is he ok ?? I have never seen him before at Dixie I hope he comes back he looked very fast

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie 35 View Post
    I saw the four wheeler after the race and one of the wheels was bent.That verywell could have been the crew members leg. Since 9/11 ,fireman have become heros to us , but the actions of that idiot last night was not heroic, it was stupid. I hope his judgement at a fire is better than his judgement as a driver.I can tolerate agressive ,even dirty drivers , but the poor judgement and inability to control themselves like the 59 and the Fowler kid display, has no place in racing. I mention the Fowler kid because he was involved in another very dangerous situation earlier in the year at Dixie and I am dissappointed that he was allowed to come back.I guess poor judgement and stupidity sells tickets.If that's the case ,there are some great salesman at Dixie.
    You said it ozzie. There has been a couple of "crazier than normal" situations at Dixie this year. If you feel you must take someone out, atleast do it on the track while they are still in a race car with a helmet on.
    GO #L7, #66 & #11

Fowler is a idiot, but one thing I will say is since he has come back he hasn't drove like a idiot.

The idiots abound in all classes in econo bomber the same car was involved in at least 4 wrecks last night when drivers see they are starting around this driver they say a silent prayer he has personally cost us over a thousand dollars this year this is just us not counting everyone else yea he got us again last night so it just is not late model. I also think the same driver was involved in Mr Darby's wreck.

does anebody got and update on mr tom?

They are going to do surgery last word I got. Was told his foot was crushed

The racing was good at Dixie last night but the wreck in the econo race was just racing a few years back one of toms old cars hit the wall in that same spot and the dude driving the car was hurt bad the FIBERGLASS seat broke ! Cody Richards hit the wall dam near the same spot last night and he was ok ? so maybe his car was put together with safety in mind or he is young enough to take it ?! either way its a bad deal but remember this (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) is a dangerous sport and everylap could be your last !!

Default What happened?

The night I do not go to Dixie all hell breaks loose... Can anyone explain how Thurman wrecked R.J.. Was he a lap car or running for position... ect.... and where did he hit the 4 wheeler on the track or in pits? ect...