Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jcbryant44 View Post
    The night I do not go to Dixie all hell breaks loose... Can anyone explain how Thurman wrecked R.J.. Was he a lap car or running for position... ect.... and where did he hit the 4 wheeler on the track or in pits? ect...
    They were running for position and the wreck happened in turns 1 and 2.
    the 4 wheeler was hit at the back stretch pit gate.

Thurman just flat out ran over him we were parked on the side of pits toward 1&2 . He hit him so hard that RJ's rear end was lifted about 4 ft in the air both rear wheels were off the ground I really thought for a second he was gonna flip as the rear was still in the air when he hit the wall. I do not believe Thurman ever hit the brakes or lifted the throttle. He probably is frustrated as if I paid as much for that race car as I heard he did I would be expecting to lap the field. Oh yea on the deal with Fowler running econo it happens all the time this is not the first time this year this has happened and that is messed up. An established Late Model driver can not run crate example Jody Summerville but yet they let crate and limited drivers do what they want. They have no class for beginning drivers and it is tuff I know as I have a son who is really struggling to compete he is racing against people who have been racing since I quit 25 yrs ago . When I started you had a beginner hobby and a regular hobby only rookies in beginner hobby and it was strictly enforced you could run it until you won 5 races in a year and then you moved on no if ands or butts about it I had to move every year for 5 years I agree there should be a point where you can stop it should be super bomber. I have been biting my tongue on this all year and now that someone has opened the door I am gonna go with it. I know this will probably make some people mad but right is right and wrong is wrong and it is just wrong,A kid with probably 35 races cannot compete with some one who has been racing 7 or 8 years I am not trying to single anyone out on this so please understand this . We are not the only ones in this boat and I am quite sure they are frustrated as well.
    Last edited by RW57; 09-19-2011 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RW57 View Post
    I agree 100 percent I heard him tell the deputy he was a fireman and a policeman as they were walking him out the back gate in cuffs I was also told he told them while seated in the car they could not arrest him I guess they showed him they could. It was a totally classless act on his part in both cases he flat out ran over RJ and then hitting the 4 wheeler was worse a person could have been killed or injured. I also heard him tell them to call Marshall I guess he thought he could get him unarrested LOL. He is lucky they got the gentleman on the 4 wheeler calmed down as he wanted a piece of him real bad they should have turned him loose LOL$%&.
    I don't think you should be telling people you are a fireman and or policeman when you are in a situation that you should not be in in the first place.....D U M B

He was probably thinking they would cut him some slack. Guess not they did the right thing you and I both know of cases where that has happened.

Yep. I just hope he doesn't give firemen a bad name.......where I work I would be fired on the spot come Monday morning

Quote Originally Posted by Ford motorsports View Post
    Fowler is a idiot, but one thing I will say is since he has come back he hasn't drove like a idiot.
    Do you remember when you were a kid ,and you got your a$$ tore up for missbehaving.You flew under the radar for a while ,but then you went at it again.Give him time, he will skin back his ignorance again. It's hereditary.

Quote Originally Posted by JJinGA View Post
    You said it ozzie. There has been a couple of "crazier than normal" situations at Dixie this year. If you feel you must take someone out, atleast do it on the track while they are still in a race car with a helmet on.
    I've seen a few scuffles literaly on the race track.Like the deal with Aurther and Johnny Jenkins VS Stan Massey and Leon Sells on the back stretch at Dixie.That was a classic.Or Doug Kenimer and Luther Carter on the front stretch at dixie. Luther poured hot coffee in Dougs lap as he went by under caution after they got together.I loved Dougs quote, "If that coffee had been cold,I wouldn't have got out on that big SOB". Sorry , I got off subject,but these young guys don't know how to fight properly.LOL

Best two I have ever seen were the one with Luther Jenkins and Doug Kenimer and Billy Clanton and both Ridley brothers they had tangled at Rome as Billy was going around Jody decided he needed to invte Billy for a disscussion about what happened and invited Billy to stop and if You knew Billy he could not refuse the offer and stopped and got out. As him and Jody were talking about where they were going out to eat after the race Biddle snuck up behind Billy and got down about knee level remember Billy never knew he was there Jody shoved Billy backwards over Biddle and all hell broke loose when they got them seprated Billy was covered in mud from head to toe Billy then got back in his car and finished the race. If you did not know Billy he was a true character he would act big and tuff but once he got to know you he was a big ole softie. He always wanted to build me a car but I was just a kid racing out my own pocket the man always answered any question I ever asked and would make suggestions to help me . We lost a great one when he passed away.

Default Who really got screwed

I was there saturday night I saw Ronnie Johnson drive his car to the pits.I saw Dale Thurman drive his car to the pits.I saw an innocent bystander #17 on a wrecker. you won't see that car ever again it is totaled. It,s going to cost about $10000.00 to replace that car with some of the parts that he might be able to salvage from that one. I would like to see some restitution for stupidity.

Thurman didn't drive to the pits, he never made it off the track before he got his dumb a$$ locked up for trying to run over a person on a four wheeler.

according to what i have heard Thurman said he lost his brakes and thats why he hit Ronnie & the 4-wheeler. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he hit Ronnie cause they went into the corner and he found out his brakes didnt work. But what dumbazz drives the car with people around if you know you dont have brakes. Also dont believe that he wouldnt know who Ronnie's crew member was. Anyone who has been around dirt track racing in the south knows who Ronnie's crew chief.

Quote Originally Posted by RacedudeGa View Post
    according to what i have heard Thurman said he lost his brakes and thats why he hit Ronnie & the 4-wheeler. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he hit Ronnie cause they went into the corner and he found out his brakes didnt work. But what dumbazz drives the car with people around if you know you dont have brakes. Also dont believe that he wouldnt know who Ronnie's crew member was. Anyone who has been around dirt track racing in the south knows who Ronnie's crew chief.
    Well you know the brake excuse is BS ,because after he hit the 4 wheeler , he jumped out and wanted to fight. "Sorry I hit you ,I have no breaks, so I guess i'll whip your a$$ to make up for it". I think no breaks is the oldest excuse in racing.Where he was on the track ,he should have been off the brakes anyway.He just made a mistake and then wanted to blame someone else for it.His car has pushed like a dump truck all year.It works if he's out front,but when he races with someone ,he's too tight.He needs the whole corner to get through it,and that's what happened Sat night.He got under RJ ,the front end pushed and he took RJ out.Like Clint Eastwood said "A mans' got to know his limitations".

Best two I have ever seen were the one with Luther Jenkins and Doug Kenimer and Billy Clanton and both Ridley brothers they had tangled at Rome as Billy was going around Jody decided he needed to invte Billy for a disscussion about what happened and invited Billy to stop and if You knew Billy he could not refuse the offer and stopped and got out. As him and Jody were talking about where they were going out to eat after the race Biddle snuck up behind Billy and got down about knee level remember Billy never knew he was there Jody shoved Billy backwards over Biddle and all hell broke loose when they got them seprated Billy was covered in mud from head to toe Billy then got back in his car and finished the race. If you did not know Billy he was a true character he would act big and tuff but once he got to know you he was a big ole softie. He always wanted to build me a car but I was just a kid racing out my own pocket the man always answered any question I ever asked and would make suggestions to help me . We lost a great one when he passed away.
    You got that right RW ,Ole Melon Head was a good one.When he put that helmet on,he was a beast.When he took it off he was one of the nicest and most generous guys in the pits.He did enjoy a good argument though,and if it led to a fight,well,that was gravy on the biscuit.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie 35 View Post
    I saw the four wheeler after the race and one of the wheels was bent.That verywell could have been the crew members leg. Since 9/11 ,fireman have become heros to us , but the actions of that idiot last night was not heroic, it was stupid. I hope his judgement at a fire is better than his judgement as a driver.I can tolerate agressive ,even dirty drivers , but the poor judgement and inability to control themselves like the 59 and the Fowler kid display, has no place in racing. I mention the Fowler kid because he was involved in another very dangerous situation earlier in the year at Dixie and I am dissappointed that he was allowed to come back.I guess poor judgement and stupidity sells tickets.If that's the case ,there are some great salesman at Dixie.
    They really must be great salesman because I'm there every Saturday and obviously you still take the bite also My wife watches soaps on TV and I watch mine every Saturday at Dixie LOL I for one like the racing as well as the fights and the wrecks thats what keeps it entertaining no I wouldn't like to have the bill those guys have every week puting their cars together but if their not rubbing they aint racing.I do have one question and no I'm not trying to start anything but have you ever spoke with that Fowler kid I had never met him till he was barred to the grandstands earlier this year and he always sat in the same turn 1 & 2 as I do. I stopped him one night and ask if he was Cass Fowler I had heard the people sitting beside me talking about him and he actually was a very polite well mannered kid it was yes sir and no sir. Just seems to me that people are judging the book by the cover and not looking in and reading the book of all the drivers not just Fowler or Thurman they all have tempers and they all fight and they forget about 24hrs later usually except for us that fill the grandstands. I'm taking up for all drivers you know when your wrong and you know when your in the right hold your heads high and don't let us fans get you down

I do have one question and no I'm not trying to start anything but have you ever spoke with that Fowler kid I had never met him till he was barred to the grandstands earlier this year and he always sat in the same turn 1 & 2 as I do. I stopped him one night and ask if he was Cass Fowler I had heard the people sitting beside me talking about him and he actually was a very polite well mannered kid it was yes sir and no sir. Just seems to me that people are judging the book by the cover and not looking in and reading the book of all the drivers not just Fowler or Thurman they all have tempers and they all fight and they forget about 24hrs later usually except for us that fill the grandstands. I'm taking up for all drivers you know when your wrong and you know when your in the right hold your heads high and don't let us fans get you down
    I couldn't agree with ya more! My husband and I always say 9 times out of 10, what you think you saw on the race track isn't what happened at all.
    Brandy
    Let prayer be your steering wheel not your spare tire

Quote Originally Posted by dixiefan1985 View Post
    They really must be great salesman because I'm there every Saturday and obviously you still take the bite also My wife watches soaps on TV and I watch mine every Saturday at Dixie LOL I for one like the racing as well as the fights and the wrecks thats what keeps it entertaining no I wouldn't like to have the bill those guys have every week puting their cars together but if their not rubbing they aint racing.I do have one question and no I'm not trying to start anything but have you ever spoke with that Fowler kid I had never met him till he was barred to the grandstands earlier this year and he always sat in the same turn 1 & 2 as I do. I stopped him one night and ask if he was Cass Fowler I had heard the people sitting beside me talking about him and he actually was a very polite well mannered kid it was yes sir and no sir. Just seems to me that people are judging the book by the cover and not looking in and reading the book of all the drivers not just Fowler or Thurman they all have tempers and they all fight and they forget about 24hrs later usually except for us that fill the grandstands. I'm taking up for all drivers you know when your wrong and you know when your in the right hold your heads high and don't let us fans get you down
    Most drivers are nice people off the track,but when they tighten that chin strap,that limits the flow of blood and oxygen to the brain.Fowler and Thurman just tighten theirs a little tighter apparently.

I was there for just about every fight Stan Massey ever got in (I was sitting in his drivers seat when he and Charlie Hughes fought) and I can say nobody ever at that track has ever whooped tail like him. Clanton's wife was the one that was mean as hell! Bill Ingram gets an honorable mention as the second best tail kicker at Dixie. I never ever liked Watermelon Head but people who dealt with him business wise loved him. So while I didn't like him(or Joey) , I respect him. I have many but my personal favorite scene was Stan getting out of his car on the front stretch and laying out Mike Little for not throwing the black flag. Another good one was when Stan chased Dennis Clements to his truck and Dennis jumped up there and grabbed a fire extinguisher to protect hisself. Oh and you can't forget about Bill Ingram getting jumped in the pits bathroom and he ripped a board off the stall and beat the hell out of the man who jumped him. I personally don't worry about the fighting part its all that money it takes to fix your car when a dumbass wrecks you. My race car is all I got and I have yet to decide where to unload it. Dixie is a family tradition but Sugar Creek is just up the road and it is on the rise!
    When it's time to go, I'll go! Until then I got nothing to lose! -Roy Hall

Nobody has made any mention of what happened after the cars were separated in turns 1 and 2 last Saturday night. When Ronnie realized that Pud Thurman had intentionally ruined his night, Ronnie got back in his car and rolled right over Thurman's front nose on his way back to the pits! It was awesome and I only think a few people saw this. That's most likely what set Thurman off to seek revenge and it backfired big time! If you see the video from the Rome Boss you will see Thurman got into Ronnie going into turn 3 and just about turned him sideways. I guess Thurman wanted to finish what he started a week earlier at Rome. I guess Thurman has something against Ronnie but that's the way some of those guys at Dixie are.
    But it all worked itself out in the end, so on to the next exciting race.
    I'd pick Ronnie Johnson on a riding lawnmower before I'd pick someone like Thurman in the world's best super late model.

My dad was in the bathroom when Bill did that actually they had knocked down the wall which was sitting on his lap LOL. He said all he could do was sit there and watch as Bill wailed away on the mans head. He said the man suckered punched Bill in the back of the head but Bill took care of business////

My dad was in the bathroom when Bill did that actually they had knocked down the wall which was sitting on his lap LOL. He said all he could do was sit there and watch as Bill wailed away on the mans head. He said the man suckered punched Bill in the back of the head but Bill took care of business////
    Nothing like live entertainment while you're sitting on the crapper. Beats reading.