Default Rearend toed out

How much can rearend be bent before it affects handling of the car. Measured rearend on the tires. The LR is toed out a 1/4". The axles pulls out just fine without a axle puller. I have spare rearend to put in. just wondering if that much toed out would affect the handling of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamTerminator View Post
    How much can rearend be bent before it affects handling of the car. Measured rearend on the tires. The LR is toed out a 1/4". The axles pulls out just fine without a axle puller. I have spare rearend to put in. just wondering if that much toed out would affect the handling of the car.
    I would measure it with straight edges on the hub face and not on the tires, then see how far it is out.

I agree with Ego on this one. Never measure off tires or rims, but I want to add something to his response. Once you have measured off the face of the hubs rotate one of them and remeasure to make sure you're not measuring off a tweaked hub.

Quote Originally Posted by cvra View Post
    I agree with Ego on this one. Never measure off tires or rims, but I want to add something to his response. Once you have measured off the face of the hubs rotate one of them and remeasure to make sure you're not measuring off a tweaked hub.
    Very good info! Sometimes we do things without thinking about it. I always try to measure at 4 points around the hub or at least front and bottom to check for differences.

Dave I bolt on NEW wheels and measure in 4 spots to check a rear. I suspect if your axles come out easy its not bent though, Ive never had axles come out easily on a bent floater..

Is your spare the one you got from me or are you measuring mine? The one I sold you was supposed to only be 3 total nights old. Ive got a jnj floater here for 800 complete if you want to try it? Its a ultra light housing from terminator that I jigged.

jj

ill check it without wheels this week. I still got the one from you jeff sitting on floor. Was just checking weather 1/4" was enough to cause a handling problem. If it was id have time to swap out the rearends.

Jeff, Hows the car work after u changed upper a arm mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamTerminator View Post
    ill check it without wheels this week. I still got the one from you jeff sitting on floor. Was just checking weather 1/4" was enough to cause a handling problem. If it was id have time to swap out the rearends.

Jeff, Hows the car work after u changed upper a arm mounts?
    Any amount of bend is enough for me to not use a housing...

It steers much much better, very big difference in stability and getting on the front tires and turning.

I made mounts and moved 180 fwd behind the main cage Saturday and that made another huge improvement. I think the car is good now. I moved that weight fwd 24 inches and down 1 inch. 51.5 rear and left no driver.

If you run steel tubes you can fix it with a torch and a water hose.