Default super late model driver at dixie

Does anybody happen to know who the super late driver was that wrecked and hit the wall last night at Dixie speedway I'm thinking it was a black car and does anybody know if he is ok ?? He took a very hard hit never seen him before I hope he comes back

That was James Dean Lay of Blountsville, AL. This was his first visit to Dixie. Other than tearing up his car he banged his knee pretty hard on impact.

Default super late driver

Well I hope he is ok as I was walking thru the pits I seem a pic of a little boy on his car I assume its his son I hope they come back one day the few laps he ran seem to be impressive if any up dates on him pleade post trays also sad about the economic bomber driver hope the lord is with him also

Default super late model driver

After doing research and a few phone calls I have found out that Mr lay the driver that hit the wall last Saturday night at Dixie is going to need full blown knee surgery he has cracked his knee cap and torn his acl in two just thought I would give a up date on his health please keep him in your prayers he also totalled his car and in the process of putting one together for the 2012 season

Thanks for the update. I didn't get to see the actual impact as I had my eyes on other cars at the time. Hate to hear any driver getting injured. Hope he has a speedy recovery and see him next year.