Default Peoria Speedway 58th Illinois State Championship for UMP Late Models 9/25

Peoria Speedway presents the 58th annual “Jon Hamilton Memorial/Illinois State Championship” presented by Budweiser and Redbrand Credit Union Saturday night, September 25. Raceievers and transponders will be in use. Drivers expected: Jason Feger, Brian Shirley, Donny Walden, Kevin Weaver, Steve Lance, Jr., Ryan Unzicker, Dennis Erb, Wes Steidinger, Darren Friedman, Tim Lance, Todd Bennett, Scott Schmitt, Ryan Dauber, (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) Taylor, Mike Mullvain, Eric Smith, Jimmy Dehm, Joe Harlan, Charley Hess, Billy Drake, Bob Gardner, John Gardner, Jr., John Beck, Russ Adams and Brandon Thirlby. Feel free to add or subtract names.
    Payout is as follows:
    1. $5,000
    2. 2500
    3. 1000
    4. 900
    5. 840
    6. 800
    7. 750
    8. 700
    9. 600
    10. 500
    11. 490
    12. 480
    13. 470
    14. 460
    15. 450
    16. 440
    17. 430
    18. 420
    19. 410
    20. 400
    Tow money is $100
    Entry fee is $80
    Pit passes are $30
    Pit gates open at 3:30, grandstands at 4:30 and hot laps at 5:30
    UMP Modifieds ($800 to win) and UMP Street Stocks ($300 to win) also racing

80.00 Entry Fee and 100.00 Tow Money, not bashing the track just trying to figure out the reasoning,Is it because it sounds better than 20.00 tow money? Again, I'm not bashing the track or the promoter I'm only trying to figure out how they benefit from this.

Quote Originally Posted by STICKERDUDE View Post
    80.00 Entry Fee and 100.00 Tow Money, not bashing the track just trying to figure out the reasoning,Is it because it sounds better than 20.00 tow money? Again, I'm not bashing the track or the promoter I'm only trying to figure out how they benefit from this.
    Good Point

Quote Originally Posted by STICKERDUDE View Post
    Apparently benefiting by $20 per car...30 cars and they just paid 9th place....LOL!

Just to clear up the date.....Sat. Sept 24th at Peoria. Sept 25th, The twice rescheduled Prairie Dirt Classic at Fairbury takes center stage.

I dont like negative but if the last 2 shows hadnt been 18 at the gate I would have spent $30 on 2 nights of racing at Peoria Speedway. i wish they would price races acccordingly. If its 2000 to win it should NEVER be more than $15 to watch. I also like to drink beer at 3.00 or more a piece. Plus beer makes me hungry so I always bring $50 plus dollars with me. i guess what im trying to say is dont OVERPRICE your shows or I wont come at all! I missed both Sprints and Mods 100 because of PRICE to get in!

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsman 02 View Post
    I dont like negative but if the last 2 shows hadnt been 18 at the gate I would have spent $30 on 2 nights of racing at Peoria Speedway. i wish they would price races acccordingly. If its 2000 to win it should NEVER be more than $15 to watch. I also like to drink beer at 3.00 or more a piece. Plus beer makes me hungry so I always bring $50 plus dollars with me. i guess what im trying to say is dont OVERPRICE your shows or I wont come at all! I missed both Sprints and Mods 100 because of PRICE to get in!
    $20 for a $5,000 to-win race is a fair market price for sure. We are having a $2 beer special as well for Budweiser products. 12 oz Budweiser beers are $2 tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtwriter View Post
    $20 for a $5,000 to-win race is a fair market price for sure. We are having a $2 beer special as well for Budweiser products. 12 oz Budweiser beers are $2 tomorrow night.
    Our ideas of "fair market price" differ then. Fans are getting a $10,000 LM show AND a $3,000 mod show for the same $20 at FALS. To add to that, they are NOT charging an "entry fee" to the drivers.

I can certainly understand the new owner trying to make ends meet in his first year, but there comes a point where you've got to step back and compare what you are getting/giving for the money, and at what point you are keeping fans away.

IMO, charging BOTH, an $80 entry AND a $20 gate for a $5,000 show is waaay excessive.

Thats why I love Fairbury. Always resonable prices. Every track is different. If you wanna go and see some racing, you will pay to get in.

I don't think $20 is bad for this show, especially with pit passes only being $30 (and that i'm usually in the pits for shows). However, the $18 that was charged on some $2k or less shows this year I do think was excessive.

Cool

I am planning to attend Saturday night. $2 beers and a DD should be FUN! 20 bucks for 5000 to win is reasonable

you guys might want to check it out there is racing in fairbury tomorrow night i was talking to some of the drivers last time i was over there they told me there where going back to fairbury most of them names you hade on there is going to fairbury because they keep there armbands just wanted to mention that because it prairie dirt classic

Quote Originally Posted by faustracing1f View Post
    you guys might want to check it out there is racing in fairbury tomorrow night i was talking to some of the drivers last time i was over there they told me there where going back to fairbury most of them names you hade on there is going to fairbury because they keep there armbands just wanted to mention that because it prairie dirt classic
    Fairbury is Sunday---P-TOWN is Sat--Tonight

Quote Originally Posted by p-towne View Post
    Fairbury is Sunday---P-TOWN is Sat--Tonight

I think that's what he said.....looks like you BOTH posted on SATURDAY 9 / 24 / 11