Thread: Carb spacer

Default Carb spacer

I need a 1" space for my Holley 350 cfm. Anybody know where I can find one or what the part number / manufacturer of one is. I currently use two different 1/2 spacers but want to get rid of those. I have searched the net and can't seem to find one. Thanks

EFI intake or older carb intake?

www.powerbyace.com

i don't know part number.
    Old Rob on here is the man that runs powerbyace.

Or look on esslinger site

Older carb intake.

Race Engineering
    Esslinger
    Racer Walsh
    Speedway Motors

There is 4 for you off the top of my head.
    Caution: I spin without warning.

They carry them at our local hot rod stores in town. Not autozone or oreilly but true racing stores..

Quote Originally Posted by oilslick View Post
    Older carb intake.
    barnetts and summit has them!!

If you have a buddy that's good with wood-working, build the spacer from hard-oak wood. At completion, spray with epoxy to mitigate fuel absorbtion. Use stainless-steel bolts/studs to tie the car/spacer to the manifold. Stainless is a poor heat transfer metal. Then your carb will run 20-30+ degrees cooler. -Dave-

Quote Originally Posted by 84Dave View Post
    If you have a buddy that's good with wood-working, build the spacer from hard-oak wood. At completion, spray with epoxy to mitigate fuel absorbtion. Use stainless-steel bolts/studs to tie the car/spacer to the manifold. Stainless is a poor heat transfer metal. Then your carb will run 20-30+ degrees cooler. -Dave-
    Thanks Dave. Would you reccomend two seperate holes or just one? Also would you step the holes or just bore them straight?

Buy one at the hot rod performance store. At one store in our town it cost 24.95. You get 2 gaskets, studs, washers and nuts to put it on with. Be sure and red lock tight the studs into the intake. Keeps them from coming out if you take the carb off for any reason.

38racing...... if you're running the spacer atop a modified stock intake manifold, I recommend an open plenum. Why? It would slightly increase the plenum volume of a relatively stock intake manifold, obviously raising the carb away from the plenum bottom, & make it easier for the air/fuel mixture to 'turn the corner' down into the manifold runners. For the exception of some Esslinger manifolds, the fuel in the air cannot turn the corner as easily as air only. The result can be the raw carb fuel separating from the air and slamming into the manifold plenum bottom. Not a good thing, particularly @ high rpm whereby the velocity of the air/fuel is much higher. When/if fuel separation occurs, weird carb jetting can be required. -Dave-

Automotive Component Engineering aka www.powerbyace.com has a 1" spacer for the early carb manifolds. It has a plenum and moves the carb to a better position and has the correct bolt patterns for the manifold and holley carb.