Default The locomotive takes checkers at bardstown

After 6 attempts to start race they single filed the field to have a freight train feature. Only pass was Dustin neat slide job on jeff Watson. Rained all week and track was (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word). Pretty pathetic. Track was best I seen it in a long time last week and thus week it was horrible. Close the place and do us a favor.

So who won John?
    JANIE ESTES
    ESTES RACING ENGINES
    132 S. HENDREN WAY
    NICHOLASVILLE, KY. 40356
    www.estesracingengines.com
    "WE WILL NEVER FORGET"

Not sure who John is but dustin neat won in his longhorn chassis powered by Vic hill racing engine. He pulled a clean slide job on Watson for the win.

Thank you for the info.
    JANIE ESTES
    ESTES RACING ENGINES
    132 S. HENDREN WAY
    NICHOLASVILLE, KY. 40356
    www.estesracingengines.com
    "WE WILL NEVER FORGET"

Not a problem. Didnt think they were ever gonna get started. Everyone jumping start. A lot of flats must have been something in track

Smile your wrong

the track was in great shape tonight. Steve Barnett was moving up in the feature race, till he pulled off around lap 20. all divisions had passing tonight. Benji lee was passing cars all night in the open wheel div. tonight. Dustin neat was using the low line allot tonight and it paid off at the end. Watson put on a good show by running the high grove till he over drove going into 3 and 4 turn. part of it was because neat was putting the pressure on him. the real story is the fast cars got out front and stayed that way. money and horse power won tonight.
    I pull for the Underdogs.

Not sure what track you were at but there wasnt but one pass all night and that was neat on watson.

Default You're wrong again

There were 2 passes all night (in late models). The 13w made a bonehead slidejob attempt in hot laps on a slow moving car, nearly knocking the car off the track for the pass.

The other classes did have more passing.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JDB20XD1 View Post
    Not sure what track you were at but there wasnt but one pass all night and that was neat on watson.
    i was talking to ed and wendall. after the race, i stopped at joe's and had a beer.

This track is one extreme to another. I agree with JDB.... And whoever thinks that it was a money and horsepower track needs to have their heads examined

Smile your car ran last!

Quote Originally Posted by UGROOVE1 View Post
    This track is one extreme to another. I agree with JDB.... And whoever thinks that it was a money and horsepower track needs to have their heads examined
    I've probably have attended more races in my lifetime than 90% posters on 4m. way would i lie for the track. I've never been giving anything free from the track. i pay for my seat, just like you. your opinion and mine my differ, but one thing we have in common, where race fans.

Quote Originally Posted by 96aok View Post
    I've probably have attended more races in my lifetime than 90% posters on 4m. way would i lie for the track. I've never been giving anything free from the track. i pay for my seat, just like you. your opinion and mine my differ, but one thing we have in common, where race fans.
    That's a good question. One thing we know is that you are a devout attender and defender of this track. In checking your posting history you are pretty busy being defensive for sure!!

Well , whoever posts and said they need to close this place needs to go elsewhere because if you hate it that bad .............go somewhere else . We don't need any dam place closing ...........they just need to work on the track prep there just like almost every other dam track we go to in Kentucky ? Yeah , they should just close it so we have them other great prepped tracks to run at ! Ha Ha Place ain't far off on the facility as a whole ........good food , great announcer , nice stands , nice parking lot with ample space , and just needs some work in the prepping area . Maybe next year they'll address this problem ?

Smile you hit the hammer on the nail

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    That's a good question. One thing we know is that you are a devout attender and defender of this track. In checking your posting history you are pretty busy being defensive for sure!!
    i never claimed to be a expert on any subject that ever was posted on 4m, like most. when the old Taylor co. speedway closed and bluegrass opened up, dang it was a blessing from heaven. i live so close to the track, i can hear the p a system. less gas and travel time for me to attend a racetrack. wish i lived closer to Florence KY, but i don't because in my opinion Florence is the best ran track I've ever attended. wish bards town had the car count browns town has, but they don't. you get the good with the bad at all tracks. my dream is fitty McGee to come out of retirement and things will be good.

Fill it with a bunch of water and stock it with fish would be good for me, that place sucks

i never claimed to be a expert on any subject that ever was posted on 4m, like most. when the old Taylor co. speedway closed and bluegrass opened up, dang it was a blessing from heaven. i live so close to the track, i can hear the p a system. less gas and travel time for me to attend a racetrack. wish i lived closer to Florence KY, but i don't because in my opinion Florence is the best ran track I've ever attended. wish bards town had the car count browns town has, but they don't. you get the good with the bad at all tracks. my dream is fitty McGee to come out of retirement and things will be good.
    I wish Taylor County was still there. That was a good track and the clay was excellent.

Smile old days

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    I wish Taylor County was still there. That was a good track and the clay was excellent.
    before i got married, a good weekend of racing was Fri-jct city, sat-Taylor co, sun-Frankfort, ky. loved the old track in Frankfort, the stands was ruff, men didn't have a restroom to use. had to pee in the woods behind a tin wall. my dad took me to my first race at age 5. it was at the old hogenville track in larue co. i'll be 55 yrs old next yr. so that makes 50yrs of going to races. never liked golf or fishing. my only hobby is going to dirt tracks. nascar never really impressed me. drag racing is boring. the only true motorsports is dirt racing.
    Last edited by 96aok; 09-26-2011 at 09:14 PM. Reason: left out a word

before i got married, a good weekend of racing was Fri-jct city, sat-Taylor co, sun-Frankfort, ky. loved the old track in Frankfort, the stands was ruff, men didn't have a restroom to use. had to pee in the woods behind a tin wall. my dad took me to my first race at age 5. it was at the old hogenville track in larue co. i'll be 55 yrs old next yr. so that makes 50yrs of going to races. never liked golf or fishing. my only hobby is going to dirt tracks. nascar never really impressed me. drag racing is boring. the only true motorsports is dirt racing.
    Nice!

I grew up doing that same weekend trifecta -- Ponderosa, Taylor County and Frankfort -- a lot of times in my younger years. Sometimes we would hit Richmond instead of Taylor County, depending on which one had a special late model show scheduled. Eventually though, Northern Kentucky Speedway (Florence) became our Saturday night destination. The only things that ever got in the way of our racing weekends were occasional UK games or my high school football schedule.

Speaking of Frankfort, I drove back to the old track about five years ago. Of course it's grown over bigtime, but you can still see a few boards from the bleachers, a piece of guardrail, the outline of the track, etc. It was amazing to see how small the track was, compared to how I remembered it as a kid. Looking back, I guess the only thing I really remembered was Butterball winning a lot. It seemed like he won every race I ever saw there.

As for Bardstown, it's just sad what it's turned into. I used to drive 45 minutes up BG Parkway once a week while the track was under construction, because I couldn't wait for it to open. Now I only make the short drive maybe once or twice a year for the bigger shows. From day one it was obviously going to be an awesome place facility-wise, but they didn't put enough planning into the actual track itself. Made the frontstretch bleachers too low also. These are things that could be fixed, but I don't think the owner is ever going to be willing to spend the money to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    Nice!

I grew up doing that same weekend trifecta -- Ponderosa, Taylor County and Frankfort -- a lot of times in my younger years. Sometimes we would hit Richmond instead of Taylor County, depending on which one had a special late model show scheduled. Eventually though, Northern Kentucky Speedway (Florence) became our Saturday night destination. The only things that ever got in the way of our racing weekends were occasional UK games or my high school football schedule.

Speaking of Frankfort, I drove back to the old track about five years ago. Of course it's grown over bigtime, but you can still see a few boards from the bleachers, a piece of guardrail, the outline of the track, etc. It was amazing to see how small the track was, compared to how I remembered it as a kid. Looking back, I guess the only thing I really remembered was Butterball winning a lot. It seemed like he won every race I ever saw there.

As for Bardstown, it's just sad what it's turned into. I used to drive 45 minutes up BG Parkway once a week while the track was under construction, because I couldn't wait for it to open. Now I only make the short drive maybe once or twice a year for the bigger shows. From day one it was obviously going to be an awesome place facility-wise, but they didn't put enough planning into the actual track itself. Made the frontstretch bleachers too low also. These are things that could be fixed, but I don't think the owner is ever going to be willing to spend the money to do it.
    You hit the nail on the head. The owner isn't going to spend any more money than he has to. So many of the 'arm-chair' track prep experts get on here and bash the current promoters and don't have a clue as to what they are talking about. I'm not going to call the man's name (owner) but I do know this, it has been this way for as long as I have been going there (either working or watching). He's the one you should be directing the frustrations at. I do know this much.....if I was a lottery player (I'm not, by the way, the state gets too much of my money anyway), and won the lottery (large pot), I promise you Bluegrass Speedway would be under NEW OWNERSHIP....no questions asked.

Default David has left bardstown

I was told today that he said he would not would not be back next year to run bardstown and he said the owner was going to tear it down unless someone wanted to buy it for 1 million. I just wish the owner and the city / county goverment would have work with him