Default Tranny help for sportmod

I am building a sportmod for next season. I am planning on running an automatic tranny. We must use a truly functioning converter. I am trying to decide what tranny to get. The powerglide seems to be what everyone talks about, but the TH350 is more readily available and affordable. Which one should I go with? The engines we are running make between 300 and 350 horse power with roughly 400 pounds of torque. The car also weighs roughly 2500lbs. Thanks for any help.

Default Powerglide

Powerglide is the much better way. You can get a smaller torque converter which takes less horsepower away. Also will have less weight transfer on and off the throttle.

like stated run a powerglide. we used powerglides on our 3500 lb stockers with no problems. Usually anyone that had a turbo 350 usually went to a glide.

the glide would work well but if you are looking at a 350 ,look at a 250. Drilled output shaft and other parts are lighter, you would just need to to change the froward and 3rd clutch pistons to v-8 pistons .