Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin Racing Engines View Post
    You dont think that a LSX or std LS block can be lightened, if the weight was a huge factor on the block I dont think that we would have cover the field by 3 tenths up in Penn, keep doughting them and see where your at in a few years.
    what i posted has nothing to do with how good or bad ls motors are. i personally like them. i just was pointing out the fact that you lied about the ls engine being lighter than a standard sbc. hate to see more people get taken by a saleman on here. there is enough of that going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin Racing Engines View Post
    The distibuter option had only been out for a few years and we helped with testing on FMH front cover on the LS engines as well, also if you were at IMIS might have seen all the new stuff the LS engine had built for it by the Comp group for sprint car use, all new gear drive front cover and a regular cover for distibuter driven race cars as well. If its good enough for lightweight sprint cars it good enough for me.
    the gm front cover pn 88958679 has been out for a long time.

schwanke engines in mn has been running ls engines in many sprint cars for years now. this is not new stuff.

Baldwin Racing Engines Guest

I was referring to the aluminum blocks on the lightness, the steel block is a little heavier, I was not lieing about anything. And the front cover has been out for a while on the GM stuff, again not what I was talking about, we tested the first new design in existance from FMH, if you want to check on that you can call Chad there and he will back that up, I am not lieing about anything here. I have the very first one on our engine running up in Penn. I am not a sales man, Baldwin Racing Engines along with a few others are just trying to get the LS engines out into the dirt world is all.

You can go to our website and check out some pics and some of the LS stuff we have been doing, also we are working on some Late Model aluminum stuff as well, as soon as we get it we will it on the site as well. www.baldwinengines.com
    We have even been building the LS engines now for some of our derby customers around the country with great success there also, these engines have been doing great in all type applications.

baldwin race engines... why is the number 7 cyl always seem to be the cyl to burn a piston??? on stock ls1 that is.

Which engine are you talking, injected factory stuff or carbed aftermarket stuff. Also the LSX block that we are working right now with all the machine work done with no extra lightening done weight 204, same as a Dart Little M. The reason the LSX is so heavy from the factory is the very small bore it comes with, it starts at a 3.835.

yes factory fuel injected i have a trans am and also many many others have the same problem that the number 7 cyl always burns a piston and i just rebilt mine and was wondering where to start to fix this problem from happening again. thanx

Most of the LS engines have a centered inlet fuel rail system on them, so that leaves the front and rear cylinders to dead head fuel and also trap dirt if the fuel filter isnt changed offen enough. Dodge engines were bad for this also in there trucks, it would also clog those injectors that were on the ends on the fuel rails, that could be it or if your running your engine hard you might want to get it tuned with a HP tuner program, thats what we use here.

what would a package cost to convert a take out lq9 to a dist, intake, and cam. should be a good 550 hp motor turning 6700 or so.

Depending on what your running it in we would use the new Fletcher cover, custom roller camshaft, MSD duel pick-up billet distributer, Billet dist hold down, Edelbrock Victor intake, Steward stage 3 water pump, KRC pulley system, the GM cover is an 1 3/4" longer then the new Fletcher cover so it will save some room, it make the engine the exact same length as the vintage SBC. Everything you would need will run you around 2500.00 or so, if you picked up the engine cheap enough you could be into a all aluminum LS engine for your core cost plus the conversion making 550 really easy, depending on what head your core engine has on it maybe more. The other thing I would recommend you doing is an oil pump upgrade while your in the, we use a high end pump that will run you around 200.00, fixes the relief valve issues on the stock pumps and adds a little more volume also. Let me know if I can help, 573-225-6886.
    Baldwin Racing Engine, your home for anything LS related.

Now a combo like a lq9 with the stock ls3 heads should still be able to run pump gas or even e85 for a little kick in power. Pull out motor is around 1200, your setup with comp front engine dress, dizzy, intake, custom cam, oil pump upgrade, is 2700. 550 hp pump gas motor for less than $4000 is a freaking steal! We will for sure be in contact soon. Now if the stock pistons hold for a season that's the real question. I think rpm will be the limiting factor to keeping it together.

Thats my point exactly with these LS engines, for the power they make and there reliablity you cant go wrong with them, I think if you keep your mixtures right and dont over heat it to much I think you will be just fine, let me know when your ready and we will help you get everything you need.

so how would you explain the complete oppsite of the fuel rail why dosent it run lean...i know im asking alot of questions but im just trying to figure it out..