FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

October 6, 2011

Brian Birkhofer Takes Win in Knoxville Prelim; Finishes Third in Knoxville Nationals!

(MUSCATINE, IOWA) Brian Birkhofer and his #15b team traveled to the historic Knoxville Raceway in Knoxville, Iowa from September 29-October 1 for the 8th Annual 'Lucas Oil Late Model Knoxville Nationals' and walked away with a win and two additional top five performances.

On Thursday night, the first of two $7,000 to win prelim races were held at the 1/2-mile complex. Brian timed in second fastest during qualifying, won his heat race, and later finished fourth in the 25-lapper behind only winner Jimmy Owens, Darrell Lanigan, and Austin Hubbard. The Muscatine, Iowa native then won his heat race and led laps 3-25 of the A-Main on Friday evening to claim his sixth checkered flag of the 2011 season. Brian beat Darrell Lanigan, Will Vaught, Scott Bloomquist, and Jason Rauen to the finish line on Friday to collect the $7,000 payday!

By virtue of his strong preliminary performance, Brian earned the pole position in the 100-lap 'Lucas Oil Late Model Knoxville Nationals' on Saturday. In front of the cameras of the SPEED Channel, the driver known as the "Muscatine Madman" ran amongst the top five throughout the $40,000 to win crown jewel event. Looking for his second 'Knoxville Nationals' title, Brian came up a mere few spots shy of achieving his ultimate goal, but settled for a strong third place effort behind only winner Don O'Neal and runner-up Steve Francis. View complete coverage from the huge weekend at Knoxville by logging onto www.lucasdirt.com.

“That was the best we have been out at Knoxville for a couple of years,” stated Birkhofer via telephone this week. “Looking back, there are a couple of little things I would do differently to the car, but I have taken good notes and hopefully we will be a little better next year. The racing at Knoxville was exceptional all three nights and I am really proud that one of my home state tracks hosts one of the best and biggest races of the year. Maybe we can be standing where (Don) O’Neal was in victory lane on Saturday night next year!

Following the consistent trip to Knoxville, the Birkhofer Racing team will take the upcoming October 7-8 weekend off from racing action. Brian will instead start prepping his equipment for the annual ‘Dirt Track World Championship’ at the K-C Raceway in Chillicothe, Ohio on October 14-15. The Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series will sanction the crown jewel extravaganza, which boasts a hefty $50,000 payday. Brian won the 2008 version of the DTWC at K-C and will be looking to add another title to his resume next weekend. Additional information can be viewed by clicking on www.kc-raceway.com.

View the latest dirt on the Birkhofer Racing team all year long by accessing www.brianbirkhoferracing.com.

Media Contact: Ryan Delph – Delph Communications
www.delphcommunications.com