Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default who here likes hank willams jr

clayton I know you likes him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ042HlDrd8
    Last edited by LITE-INN; 10-11-2011 at 02:15 PM.

YO!!!........

I consider him a rowdy friend. An American icon. Good video!

a new anthem

Thumbs up

Bocephus is the man!!
    Because Dirt's for Racin'...

Maple Park, IL. Home of Sycamore Speedway!!

Scott Bloomchrist... The Lord, and Ruler of DIRT!!

"Hope everybody appreciated that ass kicking"
    -Scott Bloomquist

Phil

I waved yesterday on my way to wisc

What's not to like about Hank jr.

I am not a fan, firstly he was at a fair, threw a fit that the dirt race cars were getting dust on his stuff so they should cancel the races. So he was rude to the racers.
    Secondly, my aunt drove a limo for him once, claimed he was one of the worst people she had drove while being a limo driver. She drove many large acts around the kc area.

I am a capitalist, and vote to the right, so hated to see ESPN play political sides and drop him for that. Would have accepted being dropped for being a jerk.

Go Hank!!!!!!

He's jest like all the reat of us big performers and well known people...most are very rude and spoiled. They all put on a good act in front of the audience but in real life they suck.

Dang Bubba, I saw him on CMT the other night, and he said the same thing about you!!!
    Because Dirt's for Racin'...

I am not a fan either. And he came off as a bit of a dufus in that Fox interview too. As far as being canned by ESPN, I agree. They pay him to entertain, not for his opinions.
    Crew Chief "Tip of the day":
    Most handling problems can be solved by adjusting the screw-ball. It can be difficult to fine tune at times. Explaining yourself loudly and striking it on top of the helmet with a dead blow hammer usually works well.

I like Hank 1, Hank 2 and Hank 3. All three different but still entertaining. I disagree with ESPN for canning him for his opinion's, but I also understand that ESPN is a business and they get to decide what is best for there company. The only thing I don't get is that Hank didn't make the comment on ESPN did he? If not I really don't understand the position other than ESPN not wanting to rock the boat.

Don't know him personally so can't speak to his everyday attitude. Doesn't surprise me that he might be a jerk as alot of famous people become jerk's. Whether it be from fan's overwhelming them or just getting tired of the biz. Either way I doubt I will ever have dinner with the guy so I will just enjoy his music and not worry about the rest.

By the way The Williams music is the only country music I will listen to. Just not much into it otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by LITE-INN View Post
    clayton I know you likes him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ042HlDrd8
    depends on where you are at (who here )....

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Smith View Post
    He's jest like all the reat of us big performers and well known people...most are very rude and spoiled. They all put on a good act in front of the audience but in real life they suck.
    true dat , Bubba !! hit the nail on the head....

Cool

I am a longtime Bocephus fan, but I got to agree that he used a very poor analogy during the interview and came off like a dumb hick. However, he is expressing a frustration shared by a lot of people with the Republican "leadership" getting too cozy with these idiots in the Obama administration. They're fools and you don't legitimize them by associating with them. You let them expose themselves for what they are -- complete incompetents.

As for the media's outrage: To quote the old song, "Anybody that don't like Hank Williams [Jr.] can kiss our...".

Anybody that sings a song like "If Heaven ain't a lot like Dixie, I don't want to go", ain't got much sence. I don't care what Heaven is like, I still want to go, it beats the other place.

As per an interview I saw last night with him he has already been contacted about continuing on with the same Monday Night football intro starting again next season. He owns the song.
    I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you’re not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration.
    ~Hillary Clinton~

Thank you C4Vette

When he's shown to be right then ESPN should apologize!!