Thread: WMF Birdcages

Default WMF Birdcages

Looking at getting a new set of aluminum bearing birdcages for next season and these are priced right especially since a sponsor of mine is a Lane/Motorstate dealer and will get them for me at their cost. Any negative feedback (or positive)?
    Main drawback I see right now is that I can't find a website or phone number or any contact info for them if I ever need to get replacement parts.
    Thanks in advance!

They had a website up until recently.

The good: They are cheap and are pretty well exact copies of the more expensive TWM cages. You can interchange TWM parts with them.

The bad: Even when they had a website it was very difficult to get a hold of them to get replacement parts (which is why anytime I have to replace a portion of my cages I just order them from TWM and get my bearings elsewhere).

If I was to put a new set of cages on my car this off season I would be getting in touch with Kent Taylor (billet birdcage).

Thanks talclipse. That brings me to another question. Where do you get the bearings and is there a part number for them?
    Also, do you have a phone number for WMF? I've searched and searched and can't find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by talclipse View Post
    If I was to put a new set of cages on my car this off season I would be getting in touch with Kent Taylor (billet birdcage).
    Kent's cages are excellent. They last a long time.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

We have used bearing cages from H&H Racing Equipment since 2006 with 0 problems. Great price.

I ordered my replacement bearings through Kent.

The only number I have for WMF is: (256) 878-3597. When I called to make sure that was the correct number earlier this morning it just rang?

Sounds like WMF is not doing much business if they have shut down their website and won't answer their phone. How do I get in touch with this Kent Taylor fella'?

You can send him a PM on here (his username is billetbirdcage) or you can shoot him an email: TMP at duh dot net (trying to keep him from getting spammed)

OMG(Old Mans Garage) has a good line of Birdcages. They have them designed to be repairible if damaged.
    ttp://oldmansgarage.com/xcart/home.php