For Immediate Release
October 18th, 2011

David Breazeale Announces Retirement

Laurel, Mississippi (10/18/11) – After much consideration, Henderson Motorsports team driver, David Breazeale, has announced that he will be retiring from racing at the end of the 2011 season for at least the foreseeable future.

David, who has been racing for over 15 years, made the decision based on his necessity to focus on his own company.

Breazeale comments, "Racing really takes a lot of your time, and to do it right takes even more time. As a result, I haven't been able to focus on my logging business the way that I need, and that's got to change. Leon (Henderson) and everyone with Henderson Motorsports have been incredible to me over the past few years, and I can't thank them enough for the opportunities that they've afforded me. This is a hard decision, but it's something that I need to do. As a result, my final race will be the Cotton Pickin' 100 at Magnolia Motor Speedway (Columbus, Mississippi) at the end of this month."

If there is a silver lining to this sad announcement, it's that David notes that he hopes to return to race someday. "I can tell you now that I'm not completely giving up on racing and want to return someday. However, until I get my business to where I need it to be, I can't say when or where that will be."

Team owner, Leon Henderson, notes, "David has been a great driver for us over the past few years, and even more he has been a great friend. We hate to see him retire, but we understand, and anytime he wants to race he will always have a ride with Henderson Motorsports."

Last Saturday, the team made the short trip to Whynot Motorsports Park to take part in a tune-up event for the upcoming, 22nd Annual Coors Light Fall Classic. Twenty-four cars entered the event, and David Breazeale started the night by qualifying fifth fastest to earn the third starting spot for his heat race. I n the heat he passed one car on his way to a second place finish, which locked him into the third starting spot for the feature. In the feature he would quickly work his way to the lead as he raced to the win, which was his second of the season. He was followed across the line by Jason Cliburn, Brooks Strength, Chris McElhenney, and Ross Camponovo.

Leon Henderson was also in action, and in time trials he was sixteenth fastest, which left him starting eighth in his heat. He would slip one spot to finish ninth in his heat, which left him starting seventeenth on the grid for the main event. He would battle around mid-pack for the early stages of the event before ultimately retiring to an 18th place finish. Full results are available at www.WhynotMotorsportsPark.com.

This weekend, October 20th-22nd, the team will return to Whynot Motorsports Park (Meridian, Mississippi) for the 17th Annual Coors Light Fall Classic. The $15,000-to-win/$1,000-to-start event gets underway on Thursday night with an Open Practice Session before time trials and heat races are contested on Friday night. Saturday night will be headlined by b-mains and the 100 lap finale. For more information, please visit www.WhynotMotorsportsPark.com .

Henderson Motorsports would like to thank their sponsors including L&D Trucking, L&D Scrap, Victory Circle M1 Chassis By Moyer, Cornett Racing Engines, Mastersbilt Race Cars, Xtreme Graphics By J-Rod, and MSRMafia.com

For the latest information on Henderson Motorsports, please visit www.HendersonMotorsports.net .