Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: b-mod engine

Sounds similar to the rules I ran under for one show in 2006. I had recently been given a 377 with double hump heads. All Standard stuff, GM Crank, 2 Bolt 400, Worked over Humps and a shelf cam. It ran pretty well. I'd say your heads will be Ok, as this motor was an A-Mod motor that we put a 2 barrel on. You'll want to be sure as you said to have the camshaft fit to the heads and intake along with carburetor and car.

I sure miss when you could run with a $1500 cheap motor!!

I miss those days too! We are well beyond that already and all I have is a block! LOL

Also for anyone interested, we got the PBM block, it is a World Products block that PBM just machined there logo on. It has WORLD cast right into it. Very nice looking block and the builder is very happy with it after checking things out.

I'm thinking I could go $900 cash, if they got titanium valves and a Jesel shaft rocker package, as long as they aren't over a race or two old, and they aren't used to going 2 seconds slower per lap than the white guys run?

And free shipping, of course...
    Dave
    Last edited by hogracer3d; 10-18-2011 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hogracer3d View Post
    I'm thinking I could go $900 cash, if they got titanium valves and a Jesel shaft rocker package, as long as they aren't over a race or two old, and they aren't used to going 2 seconds slower per lap than the white guys run?

And free shipping, of course...
    Dave
    If your budget is that tight, Ill sell you some double humps for $400 or some dart 180/49cc for $650 free shipping. Both contain manley race flo valves and are bolt on ready. Thats the best I can do to help out another racer.

We were on a no port rule, 360 and a gauge 2bbl, but now on any cube, 4 bbl and a G-60

So, Im good with the Tony Barker, Alan Johnson and HRD head work, I do use HVH Super Suckers though, and some Wilson junk........

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    If your budget is that tight, Ill sell you some double humps for $400 or some dart 180/49cc for $650 free shipping. Both contain manley race flo valves and are bolt on ready. Thats the best I can do to help out another racer.

Any port work on the humps?

Quote Originally Posted by LowTechRacing View Post
    Any port work on the humps?
    A little touch up but no major porting. I have a add in the classifieds.