Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default User name origins

I am curious about some of my fellow 4Mers user name origins. Any stories here?
    croston71
    I started working in Columbus,Ohio when I wsa 18. The friend's home I originally stayed at was off Interstate 71. I also read the MidAmerican racing paper frequently & enjoyed the stature of the numbers 71such as the REAL DEAL. The two together appeared self supporting. Iused this later in kart racing. I crewed for Jeff Burdette (44) from Parkersburg, WV for a time & one evening at Skyline he told Delmas Conley I chose the number because of him. Untrue, although I did respect his stamina.
    I have no other connection with the Conley Group besides bumping into them & past T-shirt tales.
    Must say I am as broke as most wanna bees these days.
    I do enjoy brain teasers & hope you all enjoy my tantalizing tales . They are not meant to spell everything out perfectly but rather get the reader to think!
    Who the hell is BUBBA SMITH?

I'm yur worst nitemare!

1rst car, 1rst practice, 1rst lap, 1rst turn ........practice over!

whan bam thank ya mam....git it over with quick.

I used to go to races on beautifully prepared surfaces of clay that when you stepped on them you would leave a full shoe print after the feature. We are talking about a time when the street stocks would come onto the track to roll it in and if they were not careful they would slide down the banking and get stuck, it was so muddy. After rolling in these wonderfully prepared surfaces for racing you did not have to worry about anything. Just sit back in the clean and clear, night air and just watch good racing. No worrying about a water truck with a 500 gallon tank picking and choosing where to water the track in fear that it might get wet. No grit blasting in the face and getting a head full of dirt and rubber and a black collar. No dirt in your beer. No threat of train races constantly resulting from blackslick surfaces as a result of so called microprepping, dirt gurus! No having to buy sealed goggles like you're going to work in a coal mine. No people sitting in the stands with a hanky over their mouth and nose. No worrying about commercial technologists developing and marketing state of the art shocks, tires, tire cheating, tire treating compounds, chassis setups (j-bars etc.), and traction control devices.

No having to worry if it's going to rain the night before or on the day of a race so that the track might be a little better!

No watching 50 MPH racing on an 80 mph track. Never considered the possibility of it ever even becoming what it is now at a lot of places.

Very little controversy over cheating.

A time when a disc was something that was actually used on a race track, not a CD player or computer!!

About my screen name? I justed appeared in the name of "Wetter"" "Clay"!!
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 10-16-2011 at 07:53 PM. Reason: To rant on even further!!

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    I used to go to races on beautifully prepared surfaces of clay that when you stepped on them you would leave a full shoe print after the feature. We are talking about a time when the street stocks would come onto the track to roll it in and if they were not careful they would slide down the banking and get stuck, it was so muddy. After rolling in these wonderfully prepared surfaces for racing you did not have to worry about anything. Just sit back in the clean and clear, night air and just watch good racing. No worrying about a water truck with a 500 gallon tank picking and choosing where to water the track in fear the it might get wet. No grit blasting in the face and getting a head full of hair and a black collar. No dirt in your beer. No threat of train races constantly resulting from blackslick surfaces as a result of so called microprepping, dirt gurus! No having to buy sealed goggles like you going to work in a coal mine. No people sitting in the stands with a hanky over their mouth and nose. No worrying about commercial technologists developing and marketing state of the art shocks, tires, tire cheating, tire treating compounds, chassis setups (j-bars etc.), and traction control devices.

No watching 50 MPH racing on an 80 mph track. Very even considered the possibility of it even coming to what it is now.

Very little controversy over cheating.

About my screen name? I justed appeared in the name of "Wetter"" "Clay"!!
    And in God's name, Amen!

work at a chemical company
    victim

Maple Park, IL. Home of Sycamore Speedway!!

Got me a Roush Yates in her now!
    Last edited by blackford; 10-16-2011 at 09:35 PM.
    Scott Bloomchrist... The Lord, and Ruler of DIRT!!

"Hope everybody appreciated that ass kicking"
    -Scott Bloomquist

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by blackford View Post
    Got me a Roush Yates in her now!
    Sweet Wagon Man!

Maple Park, IL. Home of Sycamore Speedway!!

Quote Originally Posted by 15jr View Post
    Sweet Wagon Man!
    Thanks...
    Scott Bloomchrist... The Lord, and Ruler of DIRT!!

"Hope everybody appreciated that ass kicking"
    -Scott Bloomquist

Phil

BUBBA< Are you ALICIA COOK KEYS without makeup ?

Quote Originally Posted by croston71 View Post

BUBBA< Are you ALICIA COOK KEYS without makeup ?
    I'm really street stock racer and want to be big blue truck driver Randy Brohams brother in law.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Have been using my handle "RACEMAN" probably for about 10 years now. Think I got in on the ground floor when this site got rolling. Also use it on some other sites and also as "RACEMAN78". Think someone tried to hijack my handle a few years ago when the site was having problems and re-booting. Thanks to the guys running this site they were able to restore my handle to me and I've been using it ever since.

RACEMAN

I race in the 6 modified

good looking car for a ford.

Well back when 4m started there was a chat room.I told the people there I was a race junkie,so they called me RJ for short and I love the Conleys so I added 71 71c and 71r to RJ to come up with RJ7171C71R!I use this on most websited,that include racing ,poker or whatever else needs a username LOL!Im even called RJ by a lot of my friends and Ive been racing go karts for 5 years now and I chose 71c as my number cause RJ Conley had given me about 10 71c window stickers and when I was putting my kart together I just slapped those on the side of it LOL!
    RJ7171C71R

P.S.The Conleys Rock and so does the DSP and PRP!!!

Always been a huge john gill fan.started with my grandpa bein good friends with him. got my number racein from him. and hes a great guy.

I honestly can't remember how I came up with "Slideways", back when I originally joined 4m, back in 1999.

But I bet there's a good story behind it.
    Because Dirt's for Racin'...

1. One of my children is named after a Roman God,( his twin a Greek one).

2. It was an interesting time in history in my op, and a good lesson in what happens to Empires....Hucka hucka.

3. I had just watched The Great Outdoors and thats the name of Dan Aykroyd annoying character.
    "This will remain the land of the free only as long as it is the home of the brave."-Elmer Davis

WWTDD.