Thread: mini stock v8

Default mini stock v8

Can you make a mustang handel on dirt with a v8? If so what do I need to do.

u do the same thing u do to make a 4cyl handle springs, shocks, swaybar, wieght position, and stuff like that, but idk of any ministock v-8 class wtf is up w. that?

I have been running the car in pure stock with the 4cylender. I won 2 races but i have to run it to hard. They said i could put a v8 in it and still run with them.I would like to know what pound springs i need to change to.thanks

Default Say what!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lester View Post
    I have been running the car in pure stock with the 4cylender. I won 2 races but i have to run it to hard. They said i could put a v8 in it and still run with them.I would like to know what pound springs i need to change to.thanks
    Where the heck do you race that said you can run a V8 in a 4 cyl ministock class??? IF they said go ahead & do it, you will need much stiffer springs up front and a ton of weight in the rear. My mustang with a 4 banger is almost 54% front weight, total wt. 2350#.

The way it looks to me is Lester is running a 4cyl in the pure stock v8 class & being competitive. It would be a challenge to get the weight balanced unless as said you add a bunch on the rear. We had a V8 mustang run at one of our local tracks in pure stock against novas and camaros & dominated with it. They then outlawed mustangs.

We run 4 cylinders, 305, 302, 318 and the gm 602 in the same division. Rules / weight keep them even and all have won races.

300-6.............

Why not just build the snot out of the 4cyl and show them v-8 boys how you can do more with less?

I thought about building a bigger motor.We can build any cc motor but we have to run a steel head. Any combo info would be helpfull. Track is 3/8 high bank car weight is 2350 with me in it.Trans is 214 in 2nd 389 gears. We can do anything to the head we want.

I did see a post in the Dirt Stock tech area that mentioned a v8 mustang. You may want to try a search and find that thread to get an idea of what they were dealing with or like was mentioned here just build a thumping 4.

Just an idea of what some Bomber guys are doing with their cars is ultra light chassis with tons of added weight, not much more different than what you will have to do with a V8.

If you are running a 214 with a 389 gear you have way too much gear. On a 3/8 track I run a 214 and a 327 gear. You must be turning the top off the motor.

i turn it 7400to 8000 depinding on track conditions.Im running 15 inch tire with 82 to 84 roll out.At another track that i did run at I did hit 9000+

A build the $not out of it 4 cylinder will build 4-5 pure stock V-8's With the 5.0 I built it cost me under $2000.00 from intake to oil pan. You can get a re-build kit from Summit for about 300.00 and work from there. If I had the choice I would run the fuel injection on the 5.0 in a Mustang and show them all what it can do. We already have a No 5.0/4.6 Mustang rule at my track and that is for both the pure stock and Street stocks.