Default Sad Week For Racing: R.I.P. Rick Huseman and Dan Wheldon

Rick Huseman, off-road racing champion, dies in plane crash
    http://www.microarmorracing.com/news/rick-huseman

VIDEO: Indy 500 Champion Dan Wheldon Dies After A Horrifying IndyCar Crash In Las Vegas
    http://www.microarmorracing.com/news/video-indy-500-champion-dan-wheldon
    More Horsepower More Speed More Wins!
    MicroArmorRacing.com

Horrible news. Rick's younger brother Jeff Huseman was also killed in the crash. Jeff was an up and coming off road racer also.

We lost three great racers this weekend.

God Speed to them all.

The company I work for is a small sponsor on the Panther Racing car. They use our heaters and a/c for their VIP tent at the races. I was lucky enough to support them at the Miami race last year. And had a chance to talk for a little while with Dan. Not to say I knew him at all, but this one hits home a little more than usual.

What I find tough is going to work after something like this happens. Everyone you know and work with, knows you are in racing or a fan of racing. And the "non-racing" friends you have always want to talk about it. They know nothing of the sport, it's people or the lifestyle racing people have, and most of the time heard about the tragedy from a news network not affiliated with the sport. They often assume people watch racing for the crashes and the danger, like people enjoy a car chase in a movie. Adding to the feelings you have for what happened (whether it be personal or not), you find yourself explaining the sport or even trying to defend it at times.

We have lost many good people doing what we love, and thankfully have learned and bettered the sport because of it. I hope we don't let the passing of these racers go without change of some kind. Lets not just shrug this off as "one of those racin deals".
    Crew Chief "Tip of the day":
    Most handling problems can be solved by adjusting the screw-ball. It can be difficult to fine tune at times. Explaining yourself loudly and striking it on top of the helmet with a dead blow hammer usually works well.