Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Keystone XL project up or down??

NAM(National association of Manufactures) has estimated that project would create 20,000 construction jobs plus over 100,000 total jobs? These #'s have been challenged by others as being inflated. Few jobs would be permanent?
    In N.Dakota where part of the project has been completed, only 11% of local labor was used. The steel for the project came from Canada and India.

States would do well with the project from the taxes the line would pay. Nebraska's Gov. is not pleased because it rolls over a major Aquifer??

The Dept of state impact study has said it would have little impact on the environment?

The State dept. will decide by the end of the year as to issue a permit or not.

With the high cost of extracting some of this oil the price of oil MAY have to remain.
    high.

Build the da-mm thing--Some of my Union brothers and sisters need the work......LOL

Quote Originally Posted by p-towne View Post
    NAM(National association of Manufactures) has estimated that project would create 20,000 construction jobs plus over 100,000 total jobs? These #'s have been challenged by others as being inflated. Few jobs would be permanent?
    In N.Dakota where part of the project has been completed, only 11% of local labor was used. The steel for the project came from Canada and India.

States would do well with the project from the taxes the line would pay. Nebraska's Gov. is not pleased because it rolls over a major Aquifer??

The Dept of state impact study has said it would have little impact on the environment?

The State dept. will decide by the end of the year as to issue a permit or not.

With the high cost of extracting some of this oil the price of oil MAY have to remain.
    high.

Build the da-mm thing--Some of my Union brothers and sisters need the work......LOL
    Without diligent research!.....Here are my comments/questions.

1. It's a construction job?....when completed....job over?
    2. The project was in N.D......Were their enough "qualified" workers to complete the task?
    3. Was there a material supplier in the US that could meet demand and cost requirements?
    4. Most gas lines the world over encroach upon metro hydro supply.
    5. NO IMPACT ON MOTHER EARTH?.......who got paid?.....(snicker, cough, fart)
    6. The State Dept.......really?.....why?......how much does Harry want?
    7. With the regulation and control?.......CRAP.....I'm behind on my poopy payments!

Quote Originally Posted by wallcrusher View Post
    Without diligent research!.....Here are my comments/questions.

1. It's a construction job?....when completed....job over?
    2. The project was in N.D......Were their enough "qualified" workers to complete the task?
    3. Was there a material supplier in the US that could meet demand and cost requirements?
    4. Most gas lines the world over encroach upon metro hydro supply.
    5. NO IMPACT ON MOTHER EARTH?.......who got paid?.....(snicker, cough, fart)
    6. The State Dept.......really?.....why?......how much does Harry want?
    7. With the regulation and control?.......CRAP.....I'm behind on my poopy payments!
    Don't have the answers--don't care--Just build it --we need jobs and oil!!!

Don't have the answers--don't care--Just build it --we need jobs and oil!!!
    I'm down with the the P-Town Yo!

My new Hip-Hop-Red-Dirt-Drop-D-Jesus-Metal score!
    .......I knew you would come around!.........Where is that Skippy Azz T-Ny at.....I gots rhythms for his slow butt as well........ya'll can thank me later.

I agree. Build it.
    We need the oil.
    We need the jobs.
    It's being built by private enterprises.
    No Obama stimulus dollars required.

Although I would bet dollars to donuts the current administration will add requirements and rules to help it's union and political cronies somehow.
    "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by C4Vette View Post
    I agree. Build it.
    We need the oil.
    We need the jobs.
    It's being built by private enterprises.
    No Obama stimulus dollars required.

Although I would bet dollars to donuts the current administration will add requirements and rules to help it's union and political cronies somehow.
    I hope so!!

I hope so!!
    I'm with you brother!

all I know is it has already met tough EPA standards and obama is holding it up

Quote Originally Posted by bostinks View Post
    Lucky for us, the EPA has no worries with Lucas and WoO passing!
    However......If they were to regulate fans in the stands passing..... (gas).......We are in BIG TROUBLE.

Not quite true.. Obama has 90 days after the state dept signed off on in late August.

The little bitch in Kentucky has been holding it up. He just agreed a few days ago to the regulatioins that the co. agreed to long ago. . Obama could not sign off on it. Now will he or won't??? Who knows.

Why the state dept?. Because it crosses our border...

Not quite true.. Obama has 90 days after the state dept signed off on in late August.

The little bitch in Kentucky has been holding it up. He just agreed a few days ago to the regulatioins that the co. agreed to long ago. . Obama could not sign off on it. Now will he or won't??? Who knows.

Why the state dept?. Because it crosses our border...
    Which little bitch?....McConnell? .......He's outa here next election anyway! Establishment Republicans are huge targets!

TransCanada Keystone Pipeline, LP applied to the U.S. Department of State in September 2008 for a Presidential Permit. This process, in addition to other federal permits, triggered the State Department to lead an environmental review under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA). NEPA is a procedural statute and does not mandate that an agency base decisions on their environmental impact, only that the impacts of that action and any alternatives be considered. The Presidential Permit requires only that the proposal be in the national interest.

I thought the state dept (obama admin) was still holding it up, 3 years should be plenty of time.

As chairman of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, Rep. Fred Upton, representing Michigan's 6th District, is among its most ardent and unequivocal supporters. In a July interview with CNBC he stated: "According to the Department of Energy, this one project will essentially eliminate oil imports from the Middle East. It will create more than 100,000 jobs andstrengthen our relationship with a close ally and trading partner. A project like this should be a no-brainer and there's simply no good reason it has been stuck in the State Deppartment's red tape for nearly three years."

At the same time, the clock is ticking. By accessing Canada's crude oil the U.S. moves closer to its goal of reducing reliance on oil from the Middle East, a goal shared and expressed by every U.S. president since Dwight D. Eisenhower. (except obama)

If the U.S. State Department does not awaken from three years of indecision and the folks in charge kill the pipeline's development here, China is ready now to finance any engineering necessary to seize the opportunity and bring Canada's energy resources to China.

3 years should be enough--The state department thru all its red tape had to have impact studies plus public hearings. The last I believe a couple of days ago. I mis spoke when I said state had signed off on it--they just released theit impact study in August. Move on to new regulations which the oil co had no problems agreeing to Total responsibilty for clean up and a new system in shut of valves. So maybe the state could be accused of dragging their feet?? But there would be hell to pay if the administration would have OK'd for national interest.

Part of the earlier project has already had a leak dumping oil in the yellowstone river.
    Certainly did not help the pipelines cause and caused rules and studies to be revisited.

The Gov of Nebraska (I think) fears if Obama signs under national interest then his state would lose control of his states pipeline. I believe under national interest the Govt could run all over the states -so to speak.

It is my understanding that each states controls where the pipeline goes and sets the taxes for their state(Property Taxes). Some landowners are refusing to sell because of the fear of leakage. So all cannot be blamed on state. Protesters on both sides of the debate are marching in Washington at this time..

I read and try to decipher what is going on.. I may have it all wrong???

The little lad from Kentucky was Rand Paul.I didn't mention his name because i did not want to make this political--- He vowed never to vote for regulation so he held out until a couple of days ago........ So considering what the permit entails 3 years may not be that long??

I believe with the economy as precarious as it is anything that creates jobs should be fast tracked. if this project is taken over by china I guarrantee the regulations will be way less and far more susceptable to disaster.

I believe with the economy as precarious as it is anything that creates jobs should be fast tracked.
    And if Local land owners or communties Balk an refeuse to go along, should they just be brushed aside in the name of money. I'am sorry but that just dosen't sound like the Land of the Free that i like to beleive in.
    "This will remain the land of the free only as long as it is the home of the brave."-Elmer Davis

WWTDD.

Immenant Domain has been around forever. When push comes to shove property owners lose......States use it more than the Fed. Govt..............................

Quote Originally Posted by roman View Post
    And if Local land owners or communties Balk an refeuse to go along, should they just be brushed aside in the name of money. I'am sorry but that just dosen't sound like the Land of the Free that i like to beleive in.
    It should be left to the free market as everything should. Every landowner has a price he will let the pipe line through his land, if not his neighbor has a number. Just like Yucca mountain, there is a number that the locals will accept, but it should not be forced by the govt.

I live 65 miles from were the pipeline crosses the US/Canada border, runs 15 miles from my house. Right down on the Milk River in Muley country.

A lot of taxes too. And in this part of the country, a million is still a lot of money.

And the leaky pipeline in Billings WASNT PART OF THE PROJECT!!!!