Thread: 06 pierce

Default 06 pierce

needing set up sheets, can't get car to work right. don't have time to call pierce 12 hour work shift, hoping some one can help. thanks

assuming the car is tight ? could u post your scale numbers and what springs your running possibly ?

no the car wants to spin sideways in the middle and it feels like it wont come off the corner. should i shorten the wheel base on the right or leave it alone. i'm in the neutral holes. pullbar is 1/4 " preload. 650s in the fronts 200s in the back

52.6 left
    57.9 rear
    49 cross
    30lbs bite

Thanks for any help

Default pierce

I would try a 750 on the lf and 225 on lr and you may need the lower the left bottom bar. I also hope we can get some replys pierce may have some new clamp set-ups.

Default clamp

You are clamped also are you on z-link rr or 4-bar

I,m on z link now I did try the 4/4 and the car feels like it don't have no side bite. I've been seeing alot of cars on 4/4 clamped up lr spring on top rr.
    I would like to get a set up book from pierce but don't get off of work early enough to contact them. Any help would be good thanks.

shorten RR wheel base is a good start

Default wheelbase

How much should you shorten the ride side

just try putting some more LR bite in it for now

how are you squaring the rear end up, also if no forward drive replace the pullbarspring (big problem). with those cars.

I came to ask the same thing as Bob75. Check your shock angles.

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
    just try putting some more LR bite in it for now
    with the pierce car we had 20-25 pounds on the LR max it didnt like alot of LR - i know alot of it could be driver also just sayin

square the rear end up and dont go by the bars string over the axle tube and mesure to the frame forward. for side bite try some more spring in the RR. and a big deal the pull bar spring

need more help call me or bob75

Quote Originally Posted by darcy View Post
    I,m on z link now I did try the 4/4 and the car feels like it don't have no side bite. I've been seeing alot of cars on 4/4 clamped up lr spring on top rr.
    I would like to get a set up book from pierce but don't get off of work early enough to contact them. Any help would be good thanks.
    If you need more sidebite when the RR is 4 bar put the shock in front of the rearend instead of behind.And try a 225 in the LR next time both sides are 4 bar.
    Last edited by not clamped up; 10-29-2011 at 02:10 PM. Reason: .

Default 4-bar rr

Should the rr front shock be clamped on the 4-bar rr

Quote Originally Posted by anissa5 View Post
    Should the rr front shock be clamped on the 4-bar rr
    Yes sir, but you need to be carefull because the spring will fall out fairly easy when you jack it up with the shock on the front.

put 50 pounds in front of the fuel cell on right 40 pounds of bite lr top bar 3rd hole left botton 2nd hole right bottom bar level right rear 3rd hole lf750 rf650 lr200 rr200 pan bar std setting and lf 76 rf 75 lr 8-2 rr 94 and hold on if lose in drop bite to 20 pounds. on side note if u need some axsle for that i have some two lr one rr there out of 9'' 507-251-2261 todd

what frame number is your car