Default Lift Arm Question

Can anyone tell me how long the lift arm is on a Hughes? How far from the housing is the coilover mounted on the arm? What spring rate on the arm and what shock to start with? How many inches is the lift bar from the driveline? MANY THANKS!

put spring 30 to 32 inch`s from center of rear end tube,250 spring,3c7r shock

The new 2011 Hughes that I know about were setup by Jason with 225lb spring at 32 inches with a 3/6 integra 4200 shock.

Great! Thank you. Any idea where on the chassis the 5th spring mounts? I am assuming as close to the driveline as I can get???

I run my liftbar at 33 in. from center of rear to coilover mounting point. I use a 14-1 shock (1 comp. 14 Reb ) and use a 275 pound spring. I get right at 4 in of travel on this set up. By the way ,no junk on the rear end (90 10 ). set pinion at 8 degrees also this is on a 9 in. rear with spread between drive shaft and bar is 5.5 in. Works fine, this is on a Pierce 09 Scorpian car.

As much as you pay for one of his cars , he should tell you everything including his childhood stories ! Ha

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD155 View Post
    As much as you pay for one of his cars , he should tell you everything including his childhood stories ! Ha
    how bad you want to win?

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD155 View Post
    To Hughes' credit, This is not a Hughes car. I am re-doing a Loose Gruff. I have had some input from Jimmy Ownes but not much regarding the lift arm. We are getting our butts kicked by a Hughes out here and I am searching for info.

Thanks for the input form all. I think we atleast have a good starting point.

Not a sh#tload of the hughes cars winning , just a select few . The winning drivers can usually win their fare share with any brand car . Can't nobody afford the sh#t this side of the mississippi ! ha

So what does he charge for a car?

LOL, I dont know what new ones are but used rollers, one and two years old are between $ 12k and $ 18k...

I assume Jason only sells them as rollers because it seems like they all come with mostly the same bolts ons. Which by the way is all really good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by 28m View Post
    LOL, I dont know what new ones are but used rollers, one and two years old are between $ 12k and $ 18k...

I assume Jason only sells them as rollers because it seems like they all come with mostly the same bolts ons. Which by the way is all really good stuff.
    he wont sell anything but a roller. that way he knows each and everytime they roll out they know they are correct. If you sell chassis only you get guys calling all the time asking where this goes or where that goes or which birdcage do i buy. I think this way he knows it was right when you got it. I havent priced one but i believe its 22-24k
    Last edited by powerslide; 11-10-2011 at 01:04 PM.