Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The guy that owns Eldora

AKA the best racer on the planet, took a piece of junk to victory lane. No luck in track position, simply drove from about 23rd position with 89 laps to go and went victory lane. I know many hate him, but the facts are on the track.

Junk are you kidding 5 of the 6 hendrick cars finished in the top ten(1st,2nd,3rd,7th and tenth) only mark martin finished(28th) out side the top ten he11 jr even finished 7th almost like a win for him. they ran a good race took 2 tire when needed to get up front and was able to stay up front.

2nd best racer, AJ is still the greatest of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    AKA the best racer on the planet, took a piece of junk to victory lane. No luck in track position, simply drove from about 23rd position with 89 laps to go and went victory lane. I know many hate him, but the facts are on the track.
    After a few seasons of silence while watching another guy win four titles in a row while your driver was'nt even winning a single race, you have seized on a brief flickering of hope and once again placed undue claims and praises. If one day could a career make then there would be thousands of drivers who are the greatestl

Yep, you have convinced us once again, that you are delusional!!

Best racer on the planet!!!!

AJ Almendinger or AJ Foyt ?

duh thats a no brainer

There will never be another AJ Foot. He was the best all around. The only thing he couldn't drive very good was his bulldozer. He ran it in the creek one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    After a few seasons of silence while watching another guy win four titles in a row while your driver was'nt even winning a single race, you have seized on a brief flickering of hope and once again placed undue claims and praises. If one day could a career make then there would be thousands of drivers who are the greatestl

Yep, you have convinced us once again, that you are delusional!!

He has won multiple races every year in Cup except 1 year, he only won once that year. You are very wrong.

Kind of interesting. AJ Foyt says he is the best. Roger Penske says he is the best. I have never thought anything else. As far as Nascar, when you have the kind of teams that Gordon and Johnson have had over the years, you are going to win a lot. They are both good drivers, no question, but Stewart not only can jump in any racing series and compete, he has won. I also just wanted to stir up my pal Clayton a little, so I reminded him who is the best.

I am sure you know who Tony,s idol in racing is. He has always looked up to him and is a best friend of Tony. Tony even uses the same car number.

Name any other upper tier driver, of this era, that can jump into any other type of racing and be as successful as TS...... Remember the 24 Hour Daytona race a few years ago in which he came within minutes of winning in a battered racecar? That was even though he was teamed up with Jr....I cannot remember the difference in lap times, but it was huge!!!

It rained in the Daytona 24 hrs. He never had raced in the rain. He preceded to take the car from 8th place to the lead. BTW he finished either 8th or 9th in the Kings Royal a few months back. World of Outlaws Sprints.

Lightbulb

How do you define the best driver?
    I firmly believe to drive/operate any vehicle you must have knowledge of how the suspension works in relationship to the throttle & braking system.
    A wannabe driver/star that has not ultilized an oppurtunity study these systems should not think unbridled bravery or mere ownership is a substitute for preparedness.
    I restate my belief in the fact that this is why the best become chassis builders & the tier difference is understanding not money. The wave at Eldora is felt from the W.K.A. to Indy and it is just out of Greenville.

This is true. Stewart understands those things and adapts quicker than anyone Roger Penske has seen. His own words. It has nothing to do with bravery as you said.

The greatest all around drivers are as follows:

1. Mario or A.J., take your pick.
    2. Parnelli Jones.
    3. Al Unser Sr.
    4. Bobby Unser.
    5. Bobby Allison.

You can rank Stewart anywhere you want after those guys.

Stewart is, however, an all time world class a$$hole and has probably surpassed A.J. Foyt in that all important category. But then, who's keeping score.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    The greatest all around drivers are as follows:

1. Mario or A.J., take your pick.
    2. Parnelli Jones.
    3. Al Unser Sr.
    4. Bobby Unser.
    5. Bobby Allison.

You can rank Stewart anywhere you want after those guys.

Stewart is, however, an all time world class a$$hole and has probably surpassed A.J. Foyt in that all important category. But then, who's keeping score.
    Can't deny any of those their due....most of the guys from that era would jump in any kind of car on any surface. You just don't see that today. That's kinda what makes TS a throw back racer in my opinion. Adaptability isn't a trait that is demanded in today's top tier racers. Can't really compare current drivers to the legends of the sport .....

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    No luck in track position, simply drove from about 23rd position with 89 laps to go and went victory lane.
    I thought he went with 2 tires on the last stop to gain track position, but maybe I was dreaming as I tend to doze off during those races.
    8/13/16

Yep Earl Baltes could drive circles around Tony any day!!!

I guess Earl could beat all of Nascar since Tony won sunday including JJ and and jeffy poo