Default super stock 355 motor help

im wanting to build a 355 for my super stock the only engine rules are it must run on racing fuel and have a cast iorn head this is what im putting together
    using the 4bolt main 70s 350 block .030 bore. my heads im using are the 215cc dart iorn eagle 2.08, 1.6 valves edlbrock super victor intake. using a set of icon forged dome pistons 14.1 compession pistons weight 454grams, goings to use the scat f43 lightweight crank says its 40-42 pounds and the ultra light h beam rods 569 gram rods with small chevy 327 rod journals with choated clevite h bearings. im wanting too turn it about 7500 rpms this motor is gonna be ran on a 1/4 dirt track im going to run the luniti roller cam #501B9LUN thats the cam the recommend me for this car and motor. should this motor make pretty good power ? is their anything else i can do to make power? the car is an intermater chassis leaf car camaro clip with full stacked leaf on leaf and mono with coil over slider on right like the buzzard mod setup. i was told by cnc motorsports my heads will work good on this motor from 72 to 7600 rpms. i wanting it to rap hard.
    Last edited by oldnelly87; 10-31-2011 at 10:03 PM.

If you are set on using the 350 block, why not put a 3.750" crank in it and gain the additional 30 c.i.

I would think a little about the light rotating parts you listed most are rated at 500hp and this conbo will make more.

Quote Originally Posted by stpmotorsports View Post
    If you are set on using the 350 block, why not put a 3.750" crank in it and gain the additional 30 c.i.
    i like the high rapping small ci motors im running a 383 right now i like the 355-377 short stroked motors. when the track goes to dry slick like it dose on the track i run that smaller ci motor does better.

Quote Originally Posted by jed408 View Post
    I would think a little about the light rotating parts you listed most are rated at 500hp and this conbo will make more.
    what would u do go too about a 48 pound crank that is able to make about 800hp like the eagle crank and better rod like i have a set of pro 4340 billet forged i beam that are rated to 1000hp that are 610grams their like a i beam an h beam. what kind of horse power do you think im looking at on a motor like this one ?
    Last edited by oldnelly87; 11-01-2011 at 04:46 PM.

48 lb crank with the standard rod and main journals is what you are looking for it will last longer. Also if your using the stock main caps make sure they are stamp with the 482 casting on them if not a they are 412 there is a way to use them with out the fear of them breaking. Most guys will tell you not but 23 yrs with stock blocks and caps and never broke one turning motors from 7800 to 8400. and it only cost about 50 dollars to make work. Also on if your running multi leaf on a 1/4 mile track don't try and build to much power or you will have a hard time hooking it to the track and you will just be spinning you wheels. JMO

Youve got some good parts listed, I wouldnt change anything but the heads if you really want to make the most hp out of the combo.

Ive got some heads for sale that are dyno time only that will make 30-50 more hp on your combo above 6000 for sure.

Theyll probably be better on the whole power curve but on my 436 they were only better above 6200 for me on the chassis dyno.

They are cnc ported to 216-219 or so and 62cc chambers.

Ive ran a add in the classifieds.

Default hi hp

only way you can hook up this amount of h.p. is with your brain and light foot.

this car im running gets so much forword bite and side bite i cant spin the tires i only turn 7000 wit a 700 gear. its a top 3 car but i need more motor i just dont have enough i was running a 383 but didnt like it didnt get up and go like i wanted. the guy that had this car before ran a 421 in it and it has 5 track championships and 80 wins on it.
    Last edited by oldnelly87; 11-06-2011 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Youve got some good parts listed, I wouldnt change anything but the heads if you really want to make the most hp out of the combo.

Ive got some heads for sale that are dyno time only that will make 30-50 more hp on your combo above 6000 for sure.

Theyll probably be better on the whole power curve but on my 436 they were only better above 6200 for me on the chassis dyno.

They are cnc ported to 216-219 or so and 62cc chambers.

Ive ran a add in the classifieds.
    still cant rid of those?

why not work on the 383? different cam and head combo could do wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by powerslide View Post
    still cant rid of those?
    Still? I havent gotten rid of some hump heads Ive had for sale for 8 years and some fresh darts Ive had for sale for a year either. Ive even got some pistons rods rings for sale that I ran in 2000 that havent sold yet.

If STILL bothered me I would put them on ebay no reserve like I did with a bunch of stuff last winter.