Default needing set up help

I have a 2001 fastlane chassis 4 bar car, just bought the car, needing some help on what lbs front springs and rear springs is a ok starting point, and also what kind of off set wheels should i be using all around??? thanks alot!!

also what is a good starting point for cross and weight, thanks alot

Never heard of them but what front clip is it and might could offer suggestions.

Default Metric

Metric clip

Is it Metric with Metric lowers or Nova? The common mistake with Metric lowers is, everyone wants to use light springs like a Chevelle. Heres some basic info to help you.

Chevelle lowers have a 36% ratio

Nova Lowers have a 30% ratio

Metric lowers have a 23% ratio

Meaning that if you use a 650# spring on a Chevelle lower 650 x 36% = 234# at the ball joint.

To get the same with a Metric lower you need to use a 1000# spring 1000 x 23% = 230.

Metrics also don't have near the travel ability, so if you try to use a softer spring, they bottom out quicker and will push like a dump truck.

From my experience with my metric, I would start with a 1050 in the RF and 950-1000 in LF. 2" off sets on all except RR. Use a 3" or 4" on the RR.

As for rear springs, start with 175# across the back with 30-40# of LR bite.
    Last edited by dirttrackrocker; 11-18-2011 at 08:59 AM.

ok cool thanks alot, just trying to get started out, new to dirt racing, thanks alot