Thread: Crate shock ?

Default Crate shock ?

What shocks are most crate racers running? Also, what shock builder are most using? Thanks

Id say more likely than not most are running either what the chassis manufacturers recommend or a cheap set of DA shocks like an afco DA or similar. saving the budget with the motor and the most adjustable option saves money.

when i run crate i still use my integras or the last set of PRO's that i have but i wont be replacing them. Integras work and i just have them rebuilt as needed.

I would personally pick a shock builder in your area. They would suit you more in getting you in the right direction on shock set-up. They would most likely know what type of racing conditions you race in and also be able help you adjust your set-up to track changes. If you are looking at a Double Adjustable type shock.The AFCO Silver Series are an economically priced alternative and on top of that,if you win using that shock"AFCO pays you $100.00 for each win".

Any advantage to cannister's
    Reason I ask is our local track is said to be allowing DA's for next season but non cannister????