Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Buying anything that has to work from a Chinese supplier is a crapshoot. A lot of manufacturers have found out how they operate. If they're making something and it doesn't match the print, instead of changing the product they'll change the print. The casting quality and material used is usually very poor too.

Quote Originally Posted by joedoozer View Post
    I would much rather buy from dependable vendors with English speaking representatives that pick up the phone when you call. I also like to support my local speed shops. I don't have a problem paying an extra few bucks to buy something locally. The local speed shops and parts trailers provide a very valuable service. And I support them if I can.
    Actually my local circle track supply shop is selling this transmission and have also heard that motorstate will be offering it as well next year so it will be available at virtually all speed shops.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtracer_75 View Post
    Actually my local circle track supply shop is selling this transmission and have also heard that motorstate will be offering it as well next year so it will be available at virtually all speed shops.

I buy American when I can, I don't always shop for the cheapest deal. I need the most bang for the buck. If local places start carrying it that is better for them. I don't have anything against the transmission, I know nothing about it. But I am not buying something if their customer service number looks like this ---->0757-85621288. If they are truly making junk parts, that would make our american products better. People won't buy something if it breaks easy......how many professional mechanics use Harbor Freight stuff for all their hand tools? None. OP's thread has gotten totally sidetracked. Sorry.
    Crew Chief "Tip of the day":
    Most handling problems can be solved by adjusting the screw-ball. It can be difficult to fine tune at times. Explaining yourself loudly and striking it on top of the helmet with a dead blow hammer usually works well.

Never heard of them. The cartoon looking picture of the transmission and then this link to their fine cylinder head products http://www.racegators.com/ProductsView.asp?id=179 would keep me from doing any business with them. The product description on the cylinder head gave me a good laugh haha.

And then of course the About Us. Poorly translated into English, lol.
    http://www.racegators.com/Company.asp
    joedoozer,you hit the nail on the head their site is a joke.They should concentrate on winning the (AH WONG POOL CUP.)Note the transmissions are painted,this is to hide the poor Quality of the case casting's
    you just got greased
    http://www.goddardwarrior.net

These transmissions were just featured in the latest Circle Track Mag. I haven't had a chance to read the entire article but I skimmed the beginning and the end. I found no reference to them being built in China. In fact they say in the article they are based out of Mooresville NC. Has the manufacturing business come full circle? Are things being built overseas and those companies are outsourcing their "phone work" to the US? Like I said, I haven't read the article from start to finish, but I would be very disappointed if CT wasn't 100% honest. I guess those "tech" articles they write aren't really to benefit the reader. Just long winded commercials the product paid for.
    Most handling problems can be solved by adjusting the screw-ball. It can be difficult to fine tune at times. Explaining yourself loudly and striking it on top of the helmet with a dead blow hammer usually works well.

I would be very disappointed if CT wasn't 100% honest. I guess those "tech" articles they write aren't really to benefit the reader. Just long winded commercials the product paid for.
    YYYYep!........................
    Old enuf to know better, still too young to givadamm.

Quote Originally Posted by 500BOMBER View Post
    That is very disappointing! I wonder if they will print all the hate mail they get because of the article.

Quote Originally Posted by 500BOMBER View Post
    LMAO...nailed it. CT is a joke, as is this transmission. As someone had already posted, Day Race Parts out of MO is who "invented" this transmission. Just watch the videos:

http://www.dayraceparts.com/RACEGATOR%20Transmission

Pretty sad to steal a companies product, copy it, pay some Chinese kids a few dollars a day to build it, and then sell it as your own. No thanks....I think I'll pay the extra $300 more for the real deal and support the American people and company the actual designed it. Same goes for all of the rest of the China knock-off crap that Race Gator makes/sells, as well as companies like Speedway and Southwest Speed. I have no problem with the companies themselves ( I buy a lot of stuff from Speedway), but I shy away from the generic copies in order to save a few dollars.

I would much rather buy a used Brinn/Bert/Falcon than a new one of these Chinese deals...

Quote Originally Posted by sj valley dave View Post
    I would much rather buy a used Brinn/Bert/Falcon than a new one of these Chinese deals...
    going on my 3rd year w a used brinn, got 1100 in it incl. new coupler.had to put a bushing in the tailshaft....i would recommend this to anyone as well worth the money...
    To be the man, you have to beat the man!

Wow, Day pirated the sales sheet right from the Brinn site. SAD!

Quote Originally Posted by crowdpleazer View Post
    going on my 3rd year w a used brinn, got 1100 in it incl. new coupler.had to put a bushing in the tailshaft....i would recommend this to anyone as well worth the money...
    Couldnt of said it better myself. And if you are getting a reverse mount housing and everything you can get a whole setup for 1400-1500. Maybe 1600-1700 w/ KSE

We have 3 years now on a used Brinn on a Bert bellhousing that we put 800 hp through in a DLM. Still on the same clutch pack! Replaced the rear tailshaft bushing once, and that has been it! You can get a used Brinn for $800 fairly regularly...The only way to go IMO