Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Racegator Transmissions

Has anyone seen these Racegator trannys in use or heard about anyone using them. $1000 for a new one is cheap enough if they are any good. Thanks

Never heard of them. The cartoon looking picture of the transmission and then this link to their fine cylinder head products http://www.racegators.com/ProductsView.asp?id=179 would keep me from doing any business with them. The product description on the cylinder head gave me a good laugh haha.

And then of course the About Us. Poorly translated into English, lol.
    http://www.racegators.com/Company.asp
    Last edited by joedoozer; 11-21-2011 at 10:50 AM.
    Crew Chief "Tip of the day":
    Most handling problems can be solved by adjusting the screw-ball. It can be difficult to fine tune at times. Explaining yourself loudly and striking it on top of the helmet with a dead blow hammer usually works well.

the pic they have is a brinn... Maybe they copied it and found a way to produce it cheaper. let us know how it goes

Yup def a Brinn knockoff

Looks very sketchy to me. Especially the way they are trying to copy themselves as DAY motorsports. I wouldn't be anything. I doubt you get any products.

RACEGATORS(TAIYAK)
    Address:FoShan City, Guangdong Province, Mainland China
    Tel:0757-85621288 Fax: 0757-85621000

With a address like that.........= CRAP !!!!!!!
    Central IL Bert Transmission Rebuilder
    Brian (217)201-3640

Seen one yesterday at the scottsburg auction. Looked like a very nice piece. I plan to give one a try next season.

it is a brinn copy made in china.the one I saw was priced at 1100 just over the price of a used brinn. I would be interested to see how long they last from what I've seen as a machinest the chines don't cast aluminum very well it's very briltal and looks like it has a lot of filler materials in it.

it you buy one keep us posted on how it works out for you.

Actually they are the winning secret behind every major victory in both the 2010 and 2011 season.....with a deal like that you should scoop them all up before the rest of us catch on....lol

Quote Originally Posted by cassellracing24 View Post
    RACEGATORS(TAIYAK)
    Address:FoShan City, Guangdong Province, Mainland China
    Tel:0757-85621288 Fax: 0757-85621000

With a address like that.........= CRAP !!!!!!!
    I would use a different word in describing this unit,and that is JUNK!I know of a couple racers that have tried them,and the results were this.One racer put it,yes they are cheap,but if they come apart while racing there no good at all.I have replaced mine with a reputable mfg.unit.
    you just got greased
    http://www.goddardwarrior.net

Crap.......Junk.......6 of 1 half dozen of another.......
    Central IL Bert Transmission Rebuilder
    Brian (217)201-3640

Day Automotive out of Kansas City. Different than Day Motorsports. This guy looks like he is gonna back up his stuff. Here a link to a video. http://www.inthepits.com/threads/tra...ve-huey.39460/

Quote Originally Posted by JCSullivan00 View Post
    Looks very sketchy to me. Especially the way they are trying to copy themselves as DAY motorsports. I wouldn't be anything. I doubt you get any products.

A brand new Falcon is only $1099, why do Chinee?

I find that funny.........you sure that Falcon isn't made in China? I guarantee you that at least 50% of all new race parts on your car are Chinese. Us fat greedy Americans are just to lazy to do our research and find that out. Just because it is sold by a reputable retailer like Speedway/AFCO/Winters etc. we think they r 'merican so they'll only sell 'merican stuff! They are in it to make a buck! Would you rather buy a $20 set of stamped steel valve covers or $100 for the same set stamped buy 'merican dude that pulls a handle all day and makes $40 an hours. Retarded........

Default chinese....REALLY!!!!!!!

go ahead and buy that chinese COPY of a product that was researched and developed in AMERICA. the next time you're at your local track and see all those empty seats, think of all the AMERICAN workers out of a job because of all this JUNK from china!!! while you're at it , do me a favor, see how many of those chinese are in the stands watching you race

Quote Originally Posted by hogracer3d View Post
    A brand new Falcon is only $1099, why do Chinee?
    Where do you get one for that price, Speedway has them from $1,749.99 - $1,974.99
    Last edited by cvra; 11-28-2011 at 09:58 PM.

Just saw a Falcon on Speedway for $1200. I think you were looking at the ballsplines.

Quote Originally Posted by cvra View Post
    Where do you get one for that price, Speedway has them from $1,749.99 - $1,974.99
    Motorstate Distributing, I'm a dealer, I have purchased 3 this year, $1124 delivered to my door, with coupler

Quote Originally Posted by joeltjen View Post
    go ahead and buy that chinese COPY of a product that was researched and developed in AMERICA. the next time you're at your local track and see all those empty seats, think of all the AMERICAN workers out of a job because of all this JUNK from china!!! while you're at it , do me a favor, see how many of those chinese are in the stands watching you race
    So I guess we should all stop buying bert transmissions too since they arent american made? You are beating a dead horse, The american way is to buy whats cheap and if the racegator turns out to be as good as a brinn for $500 less then you are going to start seeing alot of them at your local dirt tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtracer_75 View Post
    So I guess we should all stop buying bert transmissions too since they arent american made? You are beating a dead horse, The american way is to buy whats cheap and if the racegator turns out to be as good as a brinn for $500 less then you are going to start seeing alot of them at your local dirt tracks.
    For guys on a budget cheap isn't always the best route. I am racing on a shoestring budget and it's a never ending learning process of what to buy and where to buy it. Saving $500 now on a piece that might last half the time, is not a gamble I will make. That may not be the case for everyone. I am far to conservative to take a chance on a product (regardless of where it was made), and to buy from a website like that. No chance at customer support or refunds. I would much rather buy from dependable vendors with English speaking representatives that pick up the phone when you call. I also like to support my local speed shops. I don't have a problem paying an extra few bucks to buy something locally. The local speed shops and parts trailers provide a very valuable service. And I support them if I can.

For me, and my budget. Racegator is not a place I would do business. It's not American made, it's not an American vendor or a local vendor.
    Crew Chief "Tip of the day":
    Most handling problems can be solved by adjusting the screw-ball. It can be difficult to fine tune at times. Explaining yourself loudly and striking it on top of the helmet with a dead blow hammer usually works well.