Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What do you think

What do you think is being talked about more right now… Smoke winning at the Final or the first ladies being at the final?

Smoke winning. She was forgotten about 10 minutes after they boo'ed her. Kind of classless booing someone who's main roll is charity work.
    Crew Chief "Tip of the day":
    Most handling problems can be solved by adjusting the screw-ball. It can be difficult to fine tune at times. Explaining yourself loudly and striking it on top of the helmet with a dead blow hammer usually works well.

Quote Originally Posted by joedoozer View Post
    Smoke winning. She was forgotten about 10 minutes after they boo'ed her. Kind of classless booing someone who's main roll is charity work.
    Agreed. Look at all the first ladies for the last 100 years and it seems like it's never been politics with them. No matter which side of the fence you're on, give the ladies a break.

Quote Originally Posted by joedoozer View Post

Bucking the trend of media condemnation, on his Monday show, radio host Rush Limbaugh suggested that when NASCAR fans booed the first lady at the Ford 400 in Florida on Sunday, it was justified and deserved. According to Limbaugh, it was rebuke of some of the policies the Obamas have promoted while in the White House.
    “Bottom line: We don’t like being told what to eat,” Limbaugh said. “We don’t like being told how much to exercise. We don’t like being told what we’ve got to drive. We don’t like wasting money. We don’t like our economy being bankrupted. We don’t like 14 percent unemployment. The question is, what is there to cheer for when Ms. Obama and Ms. Biden show up?”
    Limbaugh praised the attendees of the NASCAR race for recognizing they are “being insulted and condescended to.”
    “NASCAR people — as are most people in this country — are mature, tolerant people who fully understand when they’re being insulted and condescended to,” he said. “And they remember being called bitter clingers. They know that in their hearts, the Obamas don’t like them. We’ve taken notice of this.”
    Limbaugh added that they also recognized some of the excesses of the first lady, and label it “uppity-ism.”
    “I’ll tell you something else — we don’t like paying millions of dollars for Mrs. Obama’s vacations,” he said. “The NASCAR crowd doesn’t quite understand why, when the husband and the wife are going the same place, the first lady has to take her own Boeing 757 with family and kids and hangers-on four hours earlier than her husband, who will be on his 747. NASCAR people understand that’s a little bit of a waste. They understand it is a little bit of uppity-ism. First ladies have not been known to hop their own 757s four hours ahead of their husband when they’re going the same place
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 11-21-2011 at 03:26 PM.

HI Clayton, you have to admit Stewart made the drive of Nascar history lifetime.

As for you post, I agree. This is the same big spender who decided to take a separate jet to reach the same destination of her husband. The Obamas despise Nascar. Would rather see them racing electric cars. The Nascar crowd isn't going to be fooled by the enemy of the sport of auto racing.

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    HI Clayton, you have to admit Stewart made the drive of Nascar history lifetime.

As for you post, I agree. This is the same big spender who decided to take a separate jet to reach the same destination of her husband. The Obamas despise Nascar. Would rather see them racing electric cars. The Nascar crowd isn't going to be fooled by the enemy of the sport of auto racing.
    Yes I admit he won and earned it. Hope you enjoy it through the winter.

BTW, Those poor poor charity women! SHEEEEEEEEEESH!!

tony ran some good races the last ten...............yet, if Jeff Burton wouldn,t have laid over for tony to go by the previous race, it would have been edwards victory. That one point made all that mattered. I was hoping it would not have come down to that........but thats nascar!

How do you know Burton laid over? How could you know that? no offense.

How do you know the Obamas despise racing? Have they told you they hate racing?

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton_Wetter View Post
    Bucking the trend of media condemnation, on his Monday show, radio host Rush Limbaugh suggested that when NASCAR fans booed the first lady at the Ford 400 in Florida on Sunday, it was justified and deserved. According to Limbaugh, it was rebuke of some of the policies the Obamas have promoted while in the White House.
    “Bottom line: We don’t like being told what to eat,” Limbaugh said. “We don’t like being told how much to exercise. We don’t like being told what we’ve got to drive. We don’t like wasting money. We don’t like our economy being bankrupted. We don’t like 14 percent unemployment. The question is, what is there to cheer for when Ms. Obama and Ms. Biden show up?”
    Limbaugh praised the attendees of the NASCAR race for recognizing they are “being insulted and condescended to.”
    “NASCAR people — as are most people in this country — are mature, tolerant people who fully understand when they’re being insulted and condescended to,” he said. “And they remember being called bitter clingers. They know that in their hearts, the Obamas don’t like them. We’ve taken notice of this.”
    Limbaugh added that they also recognized some of the excesses of the first lady, and label it “uppity-ism.”
    “I’ll tell you something else — we don’t like paying millions of dollars for Mrs. Obama’s vacations,” he said. “The NASCAR crowd doesn’t quite understand why, when the husband and the wife are going the same place, the first lady has to take her own Boeing 757 with family and kids and hangers-on four hours earlier than her husband, who will be on his 747. NASCAR people understand that’s a little bit of a waste. They understand it is a little bit of uppity-ism. First ladies have not been known to hop their own 757s four hours ahead of their husband when they’re going the same place
    And just what was it that justified them being booed because limball told you so, how pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    And just what was it that justified them being booed because limball told you so, how pathetic.
    Reread what he said. If it doesn't sink in, then keep reading it over and over!

My personal thinking is that , when they showed up at the track, what else could a true American do?

Next time you see them, there will be a few dozen smiling koolaid drinkers behind them and a "by invite only" crowd in front of them. Plus the usual, worshipping media outlets with nothing but praise.

Look up pathetic in the dictionary. They have taken it to a new level.

How do you know Burton laid over? How could you know that? no offense.
    None taken......When your running third on the last lap, running a straight line, and you slow and move up the track 3 car widths, thats laying over. It was very evident in the replays. Im just saddened that the championship is won like that, and I really didn,t care who won. Tony ran a great ten race spread no doubt.....I just dont like when politics get into racing. In My eyes it will always be a gimme for Stewart.

Reread what he said. If it doesn't sink in, then keep reading it over and over!

My personal thinking is that , when they showed up at the track, what else could a true American do?

Next time you see them, there will be a few dozen smiling koolaid drinkers behind them and a "by invite only" crowd in front of them. Plus the usual, worshipping media outlets with nothing but praise.

Look up pathetic in the dictionary. They have taken it to a new level.
    What they could have done was respect what the 2 ladies were there for.
    You are right the Congress is pathetic and have taken it to a new level and that goes for both party's

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    What they could have done was respect what the 2 ladies were there for.
    You are right the Congress is pathetic and have taken it to a new level and that goes for both party's
    Why? Someone sincere to the cause should be handling these kind of tributes. Why let someone in power hyjack and use/abuse the public spotlight. How many NASCAR races have they ever attended or even watched on TV? I'm sorry but they have angered the nation with many of the actions they have already done. Veterans (most) don't even like to be used like that either.

All they do is campaign, take vacations, and make speeches blaming everything on anyone but themselves.
    Last edited by Clayton_Wetter; 11-21-2011 at 10:42 PM.

Why? Someone sincere to the cause should be handling these kind of tributes. Why let someone in power hyjack and use/abuse the public spotlight. How many NASCAR races have they ever attended or even watched on TV? I'm sorry but they have angered the nation with many of the actions they have already done. Veterans (most) don't even like to be used like that either.

All they do is campaign, take vacations, and make speeches blaming everything on anyone but themselves.
    I'm not going to disagree with you that someone close to the cause could have handled it but, do you know what these 2 ladies have or have not done for the cause

I would have to say they probably have not watch any races either live or on tv but, heck there are many Americans that have not watch a race but, does not mean they are against racing.

First off Congrats to Tony and his crew for the championship. It kills me in every way to say that as I do not like him at all. But they won and that's that.

Second. Being that the first family are touted as being Ultra Smart Educated people. What the He11 did they think the outcome was going to be? All Obama's Wife has done is say how this and that is wrong with America. She wasn't ever proud of this country until her husband was elected! She sat in a church with a racist Rev Wright who preached how whites are pretty much the devil,and that this country can do no right. Being part of a lifelong racing family I take great offense to the fact they showed up at a racing event using the military as a sales ploy for the next election.

They are not racing fans, I am sure of that. No biggie it's not for everyone. My suggestion is to find a different venue for this tactic next time. Someone from the foundation would have never been booed. That's who they should have sent.

IT WAS A SET UP.

THEY SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER THAN TO GO .
    ( goes to their intel level AGAIN...

maybe they thought there would be a lot of illeagal soon to be voters there..)

NASCAR / FRANCE FAMILY have been long time repubs ....& most FANs...

I listened, it wasn`t as bad as some of the drivers ....I think it`s overblown ..
    Feb 11-13 2016 Winter Freeze VI World Of Outlaws Super Late Models
    Open Wheel Modifieds & More tba
    SLM & OWM Chassis & Mfg CHAMPIONSHIP CUP
    SYLVANIA GA www.ScrevenMotorSports.com

Quote Originally Posted by race81 View Post
    None taken......When your running third on the last lap, running a straight line, and you slow and move up the track 3 car widths, thats laying over. It was very evident in the replays. Im just saddened that the championship is won like that, and I really didn,t care who won. Tony ran a great ten race spread no doubt.....I just dont like when politics get into racing. In My eyes it will always be a gimme for Stewart.
    Dang that Burton! He knew Tony would give him reward afterwards! Food for thought!

Quote Originally Posted by race81 View Post
    Well winning five chase races qualifies as champ. How about when one ford lets another ford lead a lap for instance? I agree at times there is politics in racing. Burton simply said he wasn't going to race him hard, he was coming on. My guess is he would have given Edwards the same respect under the circumstances.

Dang that Burton! He knew Tony would give him reward afterwards! Food for thought!
    LOL

Hey, here is how we know the elite campaigner and wife hate racing. Can you imagine their expression the first time they saw a burn out in victory lane? My guess is they would be yelling, get out that GREEN flag again and stop this.