Default 16 volt battery questions

Switched to a 16 volt battery in my ump mod . I have had several starter failures since going to this new system (6 to be exact ) they seem mostly to be selenoid problems ! They are reverse mount brand name starters . I just took my 12 volt battery out and put the 16 volt in . Is there something else I should have done ? The starter companies are telling me they have never delt with any problems with what im doing! any feedback will be helpful ! I have completely rewired car and replaced all switches and had a failure last time out .

Normally the 16v makes starters last longer.We have been useing Powermaster starters have had no problems.Are you using a ford solinoid also on car ? If so get rid of that.There isnt a reason to have it on the car.

Default not using ford solinoid

I am not using ford solinoid I have always believd that just one more thing to go wrong ! Thanks for your info .

I was killing starters left and right before I started cranking the motor over before turning the ignition on.
    My sarcasm is a pre-emptive strike to your stupidity!!

went to a 16 volt my self and never had a starter problem, same starter for 3 years know. make sure you have a good ground , my starter rebuilder says thats alot of peoples problem bad ground.