Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

ohh didnt realize you were that far away, it looks like you do really good work though.
    Britton Settle #10

I don't really care about the race car but I would like to know about that 59 two door Impala setting at your neighbors LOL...
    Tracks visited...

New Smyrna Speedway
    Citrus County Speedway
    Auburndale Speedway
    Eastbay Raceway Park
    Orlando Speedworld
    Bubba Raceway Park
    Punta Gorda Speedway
    Volusia County Speedway

It is a nice car and everyone will build their cage differently, I rarely every put a straight up cage in a car unless it is a 4 cylinder car and I can just drop a mustang cage inside of it (Mustang, Kia Sephia, Cavalier, and a few others), most if not all of the cars we build have a offset cage or atleast an offset halo in them. I tend to over build cars when I do them. I would of used big tubing going through the firewall to the shock hoops but that is just me and the car would of had a bolt on rear clip...
    Last edited by LOGANSTANFORTH; 01-03-2012 at 09:04 PM.
    Tracks visited...

New Smyrna Speedway
    Citrus County Speedway
    Auburndale Speedway
    Eastbay Raceway Park
    Orlando Speedworld
    Bubba Raceway Park
    Punta Gorda Speedway
    Volusia County Speedway

Decent work, I have seen better and much much worse. I woud change some of the design but everybody does things there own way. You try a little to hard to save weight on the front end in my opinion, but I dont know the specifics of your rules and weights so it might be justified. But kudos to you for putting your stuff out here for everybody to copy and/or critique. The only way to see one of my cars like this is to buy one or come to my shop and see it in the process.

Default Unsafe what?

I have studied the pictures you've presented there, Jeff, and I think that cage will hold up to any normal crash situation. Looks to me that everything is integrated very well. Nice job. I don't care what any one says.

Bomber.

P.S. Maybe if you put a 2" gusset under that dash bar they would STFU. I doubt it though! LOL!
    Last edited by 500BOMBER; 01-05-2012 at 01:59 PM.
    Old enuf to know better, still too young to givadamm.

Oh how I wish I would have seen those door bars before i build my Mustang! Great looking work.

What is the bottom door bar attached to in the top photo? Is is welded to the body? Or does it go through and attach to a bar inside the car?

nobody huh? all my cars have the same dash bar. my chassis builder has done it that way since the late 90's hundreds of cars later it must still work...

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Its welded to the front down bar of the cage 10 inches from the end with the very end on the oem kick panel.

Heres another chassis for ego, guess he hasnt looked around much after all.

He says above to" look around NOBODY does the dash bar like I did because it wont be allowed to race"

The joints are NOT offset and unsupported like yours is. The pillars bars are not relying on the dash bar to hold the top of the car up.

Default nice car

Jeff,

I think that the car you built was very nice.. The cage is outstanding.. That's the only way I would have on built.. Now the picture above I don't care for.. The cage on the right front of the main hoop just doesn't seem safe.. Looks like it would collapse in a rollover with nothing to support the weight of a car if it where to flip..is that on piece of tubing suppose to hold it up with no down bar under it going to the frame?
    Clean Passes saves you Money!

Default 250lb heavy

they say 100 lb is a tenth of a second in a 1/4 mile drag race and 250 in circle track is big

I did the same thing with a 75 model.. I won the first 7 feature in a row with it and then went on to win 8 more..

I think "they" said you couldnt race and win in a full sized steel body chevelle in a 2950lb class too, but.. I did quite a few times before I sold it.[/QUOTE]
    Clean Passes saves you Money!

no, not i on face book and didnt know imca hobbys donot allow lead and donot have a weight limit

Jeff you are totally correct,

I am the pit man for the driver that bought your chevelle and when it was rolled I figured it would be junk. All my measurments were spot on as it were and there was no cracked paint at any of the welds.
    I am here to tell you that this was not a light roll, this car landed hard on the roof twice and my thoughts were 'ohh @#$% not again'.
    We had to replace some of the front end components and straighten the rearend, replace 3 of the rear control arms and rework one motor mount.
    I hot lapped this car last summer, tried to spin it out and failed. I sure wish i had this kind of forward bite - side bite when I use to race (AND FEEL SAFE AT THE SAME TIME).
    If i didnt drink, smoke and live 500 miles away i would apply for your welders job. lmao

Russ W

Jeff, That is a great looking chassis. I have a question on the upper control arm mounts. Why are your mounts turned more to the outside on your chassis, and on the picture of the mod they are turned inside almost in line with the lowers. Just confused there is such a big difference.
    Thanks David N.

you coming back to bama this year for the bash?
    You have to got to be FREAKIN kidding me!!!!!!!!!

The engine mounts your are using. Were do they position the #1 spark plug in relationship to the ball joint? I'd like to set mine 1' behind the ball joint.

here is another chassis with the offset cage deal btw this one is mine lol

all lm and mods do this now i dont see what egos big deals is lol

62 mini mod

I want to see pics of the 03 GP! (when it's done that is)

I love to see alternate bodies on the Bombers.

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Started on a hobby stock for a friend last week.

I got this much done tuesday and wed. Its got the body and floor on it now as well as the main cage but not much exciting there, just a cage and rusty body etc.

welded all the seams in the frame after squaring it and tacking it down to my new chassis fixture.

bushed all the holes in the frame for lowers trail arms etc. straightened out and relocated the front lowers within the rules.

motor mounts are bolt in and removable trans mount

x brace frame, tied into rear trail arms also

x brace and 2x3 rear frame

how tall are the spacers for the body mounts and wont the body slid on them?