Default Albert signs with Angels.

250 Mil for 10 years. Is he worth it? Not a youngster anymore.

Will he pack the house every night? I often wonder on these contracts-Is it to better the team or put more butts in the seats?

It's probably best for the Cardinals to let him go.

250+ million over 10 years, guaranteed with a no trade clause. At least the Angels can make him a DH in the later years of the contract (I hate the DH by the way).

I'm even not sure that Pujols is actually the age he says he is.

Don't get me wrong. I'm a huge Cards fan and most of us are going to miss him. I wish him nothing but the best for his future. But paying Albert that kind of money for 10 years just wasn't in the Cards (pun intended).
    "The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by C4Vette View Post

250+ million over 10 years, guaranteed with a no trade clause. At least the Angels can make him a DH in the later years of the contract (I hate the DH by the way).

Don't get me wrong. I'm a huge Cards fan and most of us are going to miss him. I wish him nothing but the best for his future. But paying Albert that kind of money for 10 years just wasn't in the Cards (pun intended).
    As a Reds fan, I was hoping he would sign with them (St Louis). It would have crippled the Cards in future years.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Quote Originally Posted by p-towne View Post
    250 Mil for 10 years. Is he worth it? Not a youngster anymore.

Will he pack the house every night? I often wonder on these contracts-Is it to better the team or put more butts in the seats?
    You could always start a occupy movement and, go hang out and whiz in his pool!
    ..........swing by Baldwin's place and leave a bag-o-poop on the doorstep for me!
    I'll support ya 100%

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    As a Reds fan, I was hoping he would sign with them (St Louis). It would have crippled the Cards in future years.
    As a Cardinal fan with belief in the Branch Rickey ideology of team management I believe that you are right in that it would have crippled the Cardinals for years. All too often these big dollar contracts only bring about lost funds. In a comment made on FaceBook some said rightly said that for that amount the Cardinals could probably come up with three hitters that could hit .300. Whether that is so or not the fact that remains is that over the decades the Cardinals have been very good at making teams without too many major stars. The 1982 team that one the World Series had overachieving young players who wanted to play. George Hendrick led the team in home runs with 24 but they did have a lot of switch hitters and .300 hitters. They had pitchers that got the job done but that had no stars. They did not play station to station baseball. They played all the elements of the game. 1964 the Cardinals were low in what baseball considered all the important categories but still went on and won the World Series. They had some guys who were well known but up to that point were not considered stars. Teams are teams and do not usually do as well with too many high priced stars unless the owner has a lot of money and the stadium is in a megatropolis, AKA New York.

The Cardinals are the second leading team in the Major leagues in World Championships and the #1 team in Major League Baseball in World Championships won without having to buy championships. They will keep on doing that as long as they let those guys like Pujols and Steve Carlton go.
    I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you’re not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration.
    ~Hillary Clinton~

Thank you C4Vette

Quote Originally Posted by C4Vette View Post

Agree--The D.H. thing had to play a major role for both parties. Plus he will not have to go back to St.Louis to play.....