Byrd Announces Departure From Southern All Stars

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Clinton, TN (12/10/11) Brad Byrd announced today he is leaving Southern All Stars after serving as Series Director for the past two years. “I want to thank Charles (Roberts) and David (Miller) for giving me the opportunity to work with SAS” stated Byrd. “I have learned a lot and have especially enjoyed meeting a lot of new people and seeing some new race tracks over the past two years.”

I work full time as a morning show radio host and plan to focus most of my attention there but I do look forward to pursuing other opportunities within racing, primarily with special event announcing and some promoting, which is how I got into racing in the first place.

I wish the Southern All Stars the best of luck and I truly hope that someone with more time, passion and creative freedom can breathe new life into the series and return it to its’ deserving heritage that the late BJ Parker began thirty years ago.

I want to thank all of the drivers who committed to the series the past couple of years and wish them the best of luck in the future. A special thanks to my crew for sharing the ups and down with me and I’m really going to miss our travels, trials and tribulations, especially our late night Waffle House escapades.

As for the immediate future for Southern All Stars, an announcement is expected to come in the next few days with regards to the 2011 Awards Banquet along with plans for the 2012 racing season and beyond.