Default VW Guru's needed!!!!

OK,gonna change it up a bit for 2012 and try a fwd vw Jetta or Scirocco.

what is a good engine combo?

rules are Holley 350,no port work anywhere,stock type flywheel,cant lock transaxle,etc...1/4 mile paved oval
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

http://www.fwdracingguide.com/

This guy about covers it.

Most guys up here went with the 1.8 and the Audi intake with the CIS injection. Some also used the 1.6 head on the 1.8 and a couple used the 2.0 with the 1.8 head. Most common is the 1.8 and the CIS or the carb though. Not much help there though but I can tell you the 1.8 with the CIS injection was a tough one to beat with a Mustang.

The Scriocco is harder to find and both versions were built on the Mk I chassis while the Jetta was built on all editions of the Rabbit/Golf chassis MkI thru Mk IV. You can find a 2.0L with 16V in a Jetta.

You should also visit "VWVortex" Lots of info and tech there as well as cars & parts.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/forum.php

someone said the best carbed intake manifold for direct bolt on is the Dodge Omni..anyone ever heard of this?

www.raceidaho.com

unless you set on a jetta or scirrocco, the 93-98 golf is wider and has a better suspension, heavier hubs than the rabbit/jetta/scirrocco and parts are mucho more plentiful. these are efi 2l but they can be converted to carb and coil/distributer very easily. the 2.0 l has a crossflow head so the intake is on the front of the motor where there's more room for the carb. finding a intake isn't easy as omni intakes aren't plentiful and i believe have to be modded to fit the 2.0l. (i run a golf mechanical injection so no carb).

trans ratios are an issue as well. you are going to have 7-1 or higher in second or 5.5-1 in 3rd so some tracks can be a little off. an adjustable cam gear if allowed helps here. 1/4 mile should be ok with second.

rabbit flywheel/clutch (84 or earlier) is the lightest stock and works fine

there are 2 links listed. Mikes fwd book and vwvortex.
    nothing i, or anyone else can tell you will help you more than spending hours reading those 2 things

already have a 1.8 bottom end with Ross pistons,GTI head milled .100...will the Omni intake fit this head?

www.raceidaho.com

Yes, the omni will fit any counterflow head. The early omni's had vw 1.7's under the hood.