Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Ok, got it. The setup costs are high. You did not answer my question though. This feels a lot like watching "The Wizard of Oz". lol

Quote Originally Posted by Driver50x View Post
    Ok, got it. The setup costs are high. You did not answer my question though. This feels a lot like watching "The Wizard of Oz". lol
    We're compressing springs not extending them.
    When it seems all eyes are on you when you're wearing a new pair of jeans you wonder why everyone thinks you look so darn good in them. When taking them off you notice the sticker still on the pant leg.

sounds like dynoman's second 3rd cuzion....

....are these springs specially treated???
    white trash motorsports

This sounds like a late night infomercial for the new Ronco control arms. But wait thats not all, if you order right now Ill throw in the steak knives to the first 100 callers. DONT get sucked in by this. There is no magic part that makes you win. Trust me I know.

Dave
    2012 UMP Stock Car National Champions.
    2013 UMP Modified Rookie of the Year
    2014 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Fairbury American Legion Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 UMP Modified, Northen IL Regional Champion
    2018 UMP Modified, #2 National Points Standings
    Like us on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/McKinneyMotorsports

Quote Originally Posted by Racer96m View Post
    This sounds like a late night infomercial for the new Ronco control arms. But wait thats not all, if you order right now Ill throw in the steak knives to the first 100 callers. DONT get sucked in by this. There is no magic part that makes you win. Trust me I know.Dave
    So what kind of combo were you running in the rears?
    When it seems all eyes are on you when you're wearing a new pair of jeans you wonder why everyone thinks you look so darn good in them. When taking them off you notice the sticker still on the pant leg.

Quote Originally Posted by RaceMentally View Post
    So what kind of combo were you running in the rears?
    whatever it was it didnt hold together in 2012 at kankakee when his boy rolled down the front straight away because his rear lower control arm decided to go south. just glad he wasnt hurt

Quote Originally Posted by glover11 View Post
    whatever it was it didnt hold together in 2012 at kankakee when his boy rolled down the front straight away because his rear lower control arm decided to go south. just glad he wasnt hurt
    (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) magic part disappeared. Gotta have those links to go round and round. If they disappear you're not going to like it.

Lets not be fooled by anything and stick to the facts. ANY spring loaded arm unless its a top link on a three link isn't isn't designed to absorb thrust its a metric 4 link. The INTENT just like it would be on a 3 Link RR or LR training arm is to take the load compress and Change the Trail of the rear end THUS tightening the car. If you want to change your wheel loadings use the spring especially on the RR its a lot more consistent change, and the stock metric cars already have a high rear roll center so you need to run the softer RR anyways its a stock class don't go spend your money on something that will get you in trouble. Run good link bushings that don't break apart or bind work with your angles if you can adjust them and focus on your car not some trick and definitely don't compromise your safety a trip to the hospital is going to cost many times more then some trick part that might break. Spring Loaded trailing arms are built to control wheelbase period

Quote Originally Posted by 7uptruckracer View Post
    Lets not be fooled by anything and stick to the facts. ANY spring loaded arm unless its a top link on a three link isn't isn't designed to absorb thrust its a metric 4 link. The INTENT just like it would be on a 3 Link RR or LR training arm is to take the load compress and Change the Trail of the rear end THUS tightening the car. If you want to change your wheel loadings use the spring especially on the RR its a lot more consistent change, and the stock metric cars already have a high rear roll center so you need to run the softer RR anyways its a stock class don't go spend your money on something that will get you in trouble. Run good link bushings that don't break apart or bind work with your angles if you can adjust them and focus on your car not some trick and definitely don't compromise your safety a trip to the hospital is going to cost many times more then some trick part that might break. Spring Loaded trailing arms are built to control wheelbase period
    I agree with everything said about the lowers which controls wheelbase. Essentially the rr is where we would want to place the loaded arm to tighten car on throttle and loosen off. But loaded uppers also does something. It absorbs energy to the rear and promotes traction. L upper we ran loaded with soft bushings on r upper

While this can be true anyone who works on multiple kinds of car has to take into consideration HOW they are loading their wheels. In asphalt or dirt you load the tires either through the springs or through the bars you can't really do both. If your trying to use antisquat in the rear the car will be hiking away from your springs and your not loading your car with springs if your not hiking like most super streets with stock suspension do your loading primairly through your springs. ANYTHING that absorbs torque is taking away potential drive there is a point no matter what the LR to RR balance is where you have way to much torque and you will never hook it up with the tires before you try "trick" pieces see if you cant load it up on regular parts. Adjust springs to balance your load across the rear tires first.

While this can be true anyone who works on multiple kinds of car has to take into consideration HOW they are loading their wheels. In asphalt or dirt you load the tires either through the springs or through the bars you can't really do both. If your trying to use antisquat in the rear the car will be hiking away from your springs and your not loading your car with springs if your not hiking like most super streets with stock suspension do your loading primairly through your springs. ANYTHING that absorbs torque is taking away potential drive there is a point no matter what the LR to RR balance is where you have way to much torque and you will never hook it up with the tires before you try "trick" pieces see if you cant load it up on regular parts. Adjust springs to balance your load across the rear tires first.
    Energy absorbing components is mechanical traction control. On dirt it does wonders.

where are the links to pics of some of these parts?

Yeah and if you put a 650 spring on a torque you can slam the pedal to the floor and watch them pull away.....If you can hook it up without it its a no brainer it tells you in the name it absorbs torque so if your that worried why not just build a motor with less torque find a way to hook up what you have and use all the torque you have. Something that is going to change your anti-or pro squat and effect the way your loading the car as the conditions change is going to be like hitting a moving target been there done that good parts for EBAY

Yeah and if you put a 650 spring on a torque you can slam the pedal to the floor and watch them pull away.....If you can hook it up without it its a no brainer it tells you in the name it absorbs torque so if your that worried why not just build a motor with less torque find a way to hook up what you have and use all the torque you have. Something that is going to change your anti-or pro squat and effect the way your loading the car as the conditions change is going to be like hitting a moving target been there done that good parts for EBAY
    Exactly why dirt modifieds run solid top links right?

Your talking 200-250 more HP on a driveline that's more efficient to get it to the rear tires of a super street so yeah you might need some assistance

Your talking 200-250 more HP on a driveline that's more efficient to get it to the rear tires of a super street so yeah you might need some assistance
    400hp crate motors run them...

pictures? of the components you are selling? pictures?

What was I running? Stock trailing arms just like the rules stated. To say I was one of the most highly teched cars was an understatement. And Yes the left lower stock trailing arm broke on the forward side where it gets thin and goes around the bushing. The bolt and bushing were still in the chassis. The car flipped 5 times down the front stretch at K3 at over 90mph. The car was destroyed. I totally rebuilt the car in 2 weeks, new front end, new rear, new Halo etc, etc, etc. Set it up the same as always and went out and won the very next race in dominating fashion. So do I know what Im doing?? I guess the results speak for themselves. So everyone go buy the super spring rod, it will make you faster! LOL After you buy that, I got an old front end to sell you off a National Championship Car and a free set of steak knives to the first caller!

Dave

relax dave. Dont get your pantys in a bunch. I carry a tarp with me too when i dont want wondering eyes to see what im doing with my STOCK suspension. Got to give you guys props though, you have out smarted everyone that plays the game. Nobody is saying you dont know what your doing, as you guys had the fastest SS around. Sorry already got the free steak knives LOL

relax dave. Dont get your pantys in a bunch. I carry a tarp with me too when i dont want wondering eyes to see what im doing with my STOCK suspension. Got to give you guys props though, you have out smarted everyone that plays the game. Nobody is saying you dont know what your doing, as you guys had the fastest SS around. Sorry already got the free steak knives LOL
    I thought the tarp was a great Idea! 100 people came running over to get there facebook post, but I covered it up to add to the mystery! LOL. Why dont you mention the night I had the torpedo heater on my back tires and went from 12th to the lead in 3 laps! I miss those Street Stocks sure had a lot of fun with them. These Modified guys take this stuff way to seriously!

Dave