Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by glover11 View Post
    relax dave. Dont get your pantys in a bunch. I carry a tarp with me too when i dont want wondering eyes to see what im doing with my STOCK suspension. Got to give you guys props though, you have out smarted everyone that plays the game. Nobody is saying you dont know what your doing, as you guys had the fastest SS around. Sorry already got the free steak knives LOL
    I never once saw Dave with a tarp. As a mater of fact Dave always answered my questions with staight forward answers that made sense,even though I was a competitor. Out smarted everyone,maybe,out worked everyone is more like it.

To each his own i guess. So some people carry tarps for different reasons than others. I only use mine when Im trying to cover up my bone STOCK suspension too. LOL Was that at lasalle when you went from 12 to the lead and got BUSTED with that BRINN ? Come on man everyone cheats a little, its just when someone says there car is stock when people know its not. If people want to run spring loaded controls let em.
    Last edited by glover11; 12-18-2013 at 05:09 PM.

would like to know more bout this n how much

Going from 12 to lead would take more than just a brinn, might take a well set up car and great driver... Brinns don't navigate traffic. Also who cares if somebody wants to tarp their car, stock or illegal, it's non of any bodies business what somebody has on their car as long as it passes the tech shed. Much of the purpose of tapping is mind games, and seems to be working with people getting on here and complaining. Once somebody gets in your head that they are cheating and you can't beat them legally they have a huge mental upper hand. Best racing advice ever is stop worrying about what others are doing and if their cars are legal, that's out of your control, only focus on yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by zeroracing View Post
    Going from 12 to lead would take more than just a brinn, might take a well set up car and great driver... Brinns don't navigate traffic. Also who cares if somebody wants to tarp their car, stock or illegal, it's non of any bodies business what somebody has on their car as long as it passes the tech shed. Much of the purpose of tapping is mind games, and seems to be working with people getting on here and complaining. Once somebody gets in your head that they are cheating and you can't beat them legally they have a huge mental upper hand. Best racing advice ever is stop worrying about what others are doing and if their cars are legal, that's out of your control, only focus on yourself.
    never said it took a brinn to go from 12 to 1st. dave knows what im talking about. if you wasnt up at lasalle then you have no idea what happened up there. i love head games as much as anybody else. like i said before they were on top of there game! kudos to them. and great advice zeroracing ill stay focused on our car. again thanks for letting me know what it takes to go from 12 to 1st and to carry a tarp to get in to peoples heads. much appreciated. again this thread was about spring loaded control arms, run them guys if you think it might help. everybody and i mean everybody is always looking for an edge.

Dan, Not sure how this thread turned into what I did years ago, as you know, we are no longer in the SS class, but I guess the point I was trying to make about this spring rod wasn't clear. The point I was trying to make was I don't think this rod will help anything on a stock metric 4 link. All I think it will accomplish is create a bind in the suspension which is exactly what you don't want. The "W" Layout of the trailing arms doesn't like to be messed with or it will just bind up and cause handling problems. Now if you could straighten the lower arms and run a single upper pull bar, then ya, that wont bund up. But like you said, if people want to try it, knock your self out. Merry Christmas.

Dave
    2012 UMP Stock Car National Champions.
    2013 UMP Modified Rookie of the Year
    2014 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Fairbury American Legion Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 Kankakee Speedway UMP Modified Champion
    2016 UMP Modified, Northen IL Regional Champion
    2018 UMP Modified, #2 National Points Standings
    Like us on Facebook, https://www.facebook.com/McKinneyMotorsports

Quote Originally Posted by driver50x View Post
    ok, got it. The setup costs are high. You did not answer my question though. This feels a lot like watching "the wizard of oz". Lol
    there is no place like home no place like home

Well noted Dave well noted........