Default Mixing Race Fuel/Pump Gas ?

The question is often asked, " How do I calculate my new 'octane rating' if I'm mixing standard $3.25/gal. pump gas with $7/gal. race fuel?" The following is a simple example of the math that can be used for any gasoline fuel mixture. We'll perform the calculation for 3 gallons of 110-octane race fuel + 2 gallons of 91-octane pump gas;

110 race fuel x 3/gal = 330 'octanes'................... 91 pump gas x 2/gal = 182 'octanes'

330 + 182 = a total of 512 'octanes' in 5 gallons total of fuel. So..........................

512 'octanes' divided by 5 gallons = a total/combined 102.4 octane for the 5 gallons.

And if you're using E85 fuel, its octane rating is right at 105. More than adequate to support a geometric compression ratio of 13:1+ . -Dave-

Is there a problem mixing E85 with leaded race fuel? Also do you have any experience running straight E98?

I wouldn't think there'd be a problem mixing E85 with leaded race fuel. Afterall, E85 is a mixture of alky & pump gas? I personally know nothing about E98. -Dave-

Put some race gas and some pump gas in a glass jar.Come back in a few days. It's not pretty .

What does it do?

ya i would not think this is a good idea . pump gas is unleaded race gas is leaded. the problems would out weigh savings i would think.

we have tried mixing premium with race fuel..did it 3 times..all 3 times we blew a headgasket.
    No matter how hard you try...you cant fix stupid!!!

If you build it right...it will turn left!!!

www.raceidaho.com

Default gas mix...

Ive been running 70% shell v-power & 30% 111 race gas for 3+ seasons & have never had an issue. Maybe just lucky...

Default I Mix Gas

We mix 50% race gas with 50% Shell V-Power 91 Octane ethanol free.Never a fuel issue,we don't even drain the tank at the end of the season. Seems any type of alky in the system things get more unpredictable and you can have corrosion troubles.
    I don't worry at all about mixing race gas but avoid ethanol and methanol don't need the headaches.

people that blow head gaskets alot, should not forget to torque there head down before running car lol!! we have mixed for years with no issues as well! but we dont run stock motors from ford either we build race motors!! this is how we turm more rpms than i think he said 7800!! or something close!
    Last edited by Dan32; 01-28-2012 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan32 View Post
    people that blow head gaskets alot, should not forget to torque there head down before running car lol!! we have mixed for years with no issues as well! but we dont run stock motors from ford either we build race motors!! this is how we turm more rpms than i think he said 7800!! or something close!
    My name is Dan,and im a dumb fukk
    I am a keyboard jockey

Wink

and you look in a mirrior and ask your self how im i called a man??? when im so childish i have to hide behind a computer on a fake name!!! lol grow sum testicals!!!!!! real men post what they think by there name!!!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by B1GDAN32 View Post
    My name is Dan,and im a dumb fukk
    and for thoose who didnt know this user name has same ip address as car62 so you know who your talking to!! i thought id share that!!lol grow up!! Ha!

really????

www.raceidaho.com

please do tell me what is STOCK about 0 deck,forged pistons on 5.7 rods, with .180 cut off the head...is it just because our rules tell us we have to run a hydraulic cam?

www.raceidaho.com

i have said nothing to you or about you and you want to start acting like a 7 year old trying to call people out!! man theres grown people on here trying to get some advice about getting faster and you come on here under your name and fake screen names messing up posts! act ur age man and grow up!! if you dont be leave what someone says ignore them or politly try to correct them you dont have to make your self look like a complete idiot by using fake names and calling people names! now with that being said im not having a pissing contest with you!! just keep me out ur mouth! what i tell people is what works for me! if they wanna try it ill help! if you dont like or dont be leave it its your problem! but theres lots of people on here like me or not, knows im the truth at the track!! {:

Quote Originally Posted by car62 View Post
    please do tell me what is STOCK about 0 deck,forged pistons on 5.7 rods, with .180 cut off the head...is it just because our rules tell us we have to run a hydraulic cam?
    them rules you should easily get in the lower 200 hp range so great job! a year or so back you had posted you run crate ford short blocks ! maybe 2010 i dont recall and dont feel like looking! good luck!