Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

One more week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    21- The Professor *47 - The Tallahassee Terror *58 -The Magicman
    If they are in the race, Lets face it, the battle is for 2nd !
    Facebook page ,Florida Dirt Late Model Posse

Only 5 days until Friday night practice!

Well I had put a post on another thread ,concerning another race, and I said it was going
    to be a great race there with the list of drivers going, the reason I had said something though was one of the responses said ,if you dont go there you dont love dirt late model racing.
    That kind of struck me alittle cause some of the guys going to this one are pretty good
    too , i guess your not allowed to disagree with anyone even in a positive way.
    My biggest point was, I had hoped maybe all the tracks could come up with a plan next year
    so as to not make us have to choose where to go , seems this would be a pretty good discussion topic and relevant to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mf0521 View Post
    Well I had put a post on another thread ,concerning another race, and I said it was going
    to be a great race there with the list of drivers going, the reason I had said something though was one of the responses said ,if you dont go there you dont love dirt late model racing.
    That kind of struck me alittle cause some of the guys going to this one are pretty good
    too , i guess your not allowed to disagree with anyone even in a positive way.
    My biggest point was, I had hoped maybe all the tracks could come up with a plan next year
    so as to not make us have to choose where to go , seems this would be a pretty good discussion topic and relevant to this thread.

ms0521 you are correct in the fact these tracks should work together on this. There is no ideal circumstance when promoters hold races on top of each other, the only true looser in this is the race fans.

I will be at Screven for the weekend. But if they had worked together i would have had no problem going to Screven and then on to Waycross / GIS.

Then you got Bubba the hump and the WoO scheduling on top of East Bay?? Come on, give me a break. I have been to Ocala and I would drive right past that track and four strip clubs to go to East Bay, there is no comparing these tracks to each other.

Oh well, like i said the only looser in this is the race fan.
    Bo

--------------------------
    It's better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you are not...

Im glad someone finally agrees with me on the whole ga end of this thing, but I dont see eye to eye with you on the Bubba thing. But I am glad my post didnt get pulled again.
    Certain people on the other thread I guess have connections, this is supposed to be a fan blog
    and the second you say anything they dont like, your done
    Its funny, that guy bashed waycross for 2 weeks and i made one comment and they pull evrything
    i wrote on that thread. Anyway.........
    Keep in mind, most of the guys I want to see run Lucas, but the guys that were going to run East Bay
    were already going there, so Bubba running really had no effect on them, some of the WOO guys
    that didnt run, now will and yes he may have pulled a few Woo cars that would have gone down there but
    I have the same view on this overlap as waycross, there are enough cars and fans that both will do fine. Its really not going to change all that much how many fans go to East Bay.
    As far as the track, if you havent gone there, just try it once, I have to tell you, I go to
    many tracks thru the year, there the most. and it is one of the better facilties out there,
    and from I understand, the improvments made in the offseason have really enhanced the racing.
    I will also look forward to Volusia the following week, because I too like seeing both series guys run together, the best of the best.
    Thanks again for the response,
    Last edited by mf0521; 02-06-2012 at 11:25 AM.

Its crazy how all this works out, I get on here to talk some racing, never have gotten
    into any trouble, then I say something about a guy coming in this thread bashing this event
    and advertising the other event, ask him to stop, he wont, so I put a post in his thread,
    advertising this event, but also praising his event.
    What happens, every post I have is pulled, i get warned repeatedly, the second i post
    something its gone, yet this guy still has 6 posts in here bashing this event and advertising his
    and Im told , we have to be fair.
    Pretty obvious whats happening here...............

I have seen them delete posts on all threads by multiple posters so I don't hink you are being singled out.

I agree I hope that they get a deal worked out for next year. However I don't think that Redd put his deal together with any knowledge of any other deal going on. It seems as though he was trying to keep the Georgia fans an option and a hold on the Speedweeks events. He said on DoD and other interviews that he didn't know about Waycross' event when he scheduled. And as far as anyone knew GIS was closed. So for anyone to villianize a guy who is one of the most fan-conscious promoters in the business for trying to put together a mega-event for fans and drivers is just unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    I have seen them delete posts on all threads by multiple posters so I don't hink you are being singled out.

I agree I hope that they get a deal worked out for next year. However I don't think that Redd put his deal together with any knowledge of any other deal going on. It seems as though he was trying to keep the Georgia fans an option and a hold on the Speedweeks events. He said on DoD and other interviews that he didn't know about Waycross' event when he scheduled. And as far as anyone knew GIS was closed. So for anyone to villianize a guy who is one of the most fan-conscious promoters in the business for trying to put together a mega-event for fans and drivers is just unfair.
    I hope they can put together a big deal next year where we can hit all 3 places and I do hope all 3 do wel this yearl, I really do, and from what i can see he has got quite a line up of events, however Redds advertising guys on here ( h i g h m a i n t e n a n c e ) are turning people off with their tactics, its ok to promote, but leave the bashing out.
    What we just talked about here, is what i posted on the other tracks thread, they pull it immediately
    cause i mentioned where i was going, yet like i said, read this thread, their ad guy is doing nothing but bashing and advertising and yet they leave his posts, kind of wrong.
    The guys that I follow are hitting waycross and GIS, so thats where im going, has nothing to do with
    tracks I prefer or anything, its just that simple, as well as proximity to where I live.
    Right now Im alittle disappointed with this site, however I enjoy talking racing, the next 3 weeks will be very exciting.
    Thanks for responding, and as you can see, I didnt say anything here that couldnt be posted on any thread, just talking racing......................Thats why we are here
    Last edited by mf0521; 02-06-2012 at 11:50 AM.

flagone, ill give you another example of the bias, on the other tracks thread,
    a gentleman made a post saying how good the drivers list is, which it is , and that anyone that
    didnt go there doesnt love dirt late model racing, i responded to that by saying, i respectfully disagree with that statement, they also pulled that post..................
    it is pretty simple that a regular guy cannot comment on certain things and others can say what
    they want anywhere. Kind of ashame.
    And their monikor is the most opinionated racing message board in the universe,
    what a joke, the funny thing is, read every post ive written on here, all positive towards
    every track in question.
    Last edited by mf0521; 02-06-2012 at 12:21 PM.

Well I thought that one was okay. But maybe they are just trying to keep one from the other kind of hypersensitized because of the issues.

Either way. Enjoy your show. I think we will all do just fine and have a good time. And in the end that's all that really matters.

Thats all i have been saying all along,theres room for everyone,doesnt have to be sides ,maybe next year we will all be going to the same places.
    That one guy just rubbed alot of people wrong ,and I do mean alot of people, with the us against them mentality and i guess your not allowed to say anything about it or your silenced.
    You and I are discussing racing, no issues, Im glad you responded, thats why we get on here,
    let people know whats happening, Im all for promoting anything racing ,at any track.

MFO, dont worry about High Maintenance Dude, he is a classless idiot and he has turned many a race fan sour on going to Screven. "What about the Food" that is a joke! Race Fans go to the tracks to watch the races. Why would I want to go to a race track to eat Shrimp Boil, Spaghetti and so on, give me a break. Waycross will hold their own and so will Golden Isles. Lets support our tracks in our area. I like Screven, but I dont like it being thrown at my face everytime I get on here. I normally just read the post and enjoy, but this fool has shown his true colors. I will see you Saturday morning at Waycross parking lot and we will have a few PBR's and sit out there and watch the Drivers who started out at Screven and decided to head on to Waycross pull in. See you at the Track.
    The Kerrminator

Visit my Facebook Site: GARAGE WOODSHOP and see my Dirt Car Clocks.

I started my own thread on this weekends racing since Im limited on where I can respond to
    here by 4m and high maint

Quote Originally Posted by kerrminator View Post
    MFO, dont worry about High Maintenance Dude, he is a classless idiot and he has turned many a race fan sour on going to Screven. "What about the Food" that is a joke! Race Fans go to the tracks to watch the races. Why would I want to go to a race track to eat Shrimp Boil, Spaghetti and so on, give me a break. Waycross will hold their own and so will Golden Isles. Lets support our tracks in our area. I like Screven, but I dont like it being thrown at my face everytime I get on here. I normally just read the post and enjoy, but this fool has shown his true colors. I will see you Saturday morning at Waycross parking lot and we will have a few PBR's and sit out there and watch the Drivers who started out at Screven and decided to head on to Waycross pull in. See you at the Track.
    Yes Duane does go overboard alot, so Im not defending him, but for you to say something about the food at Screven is crazy. They have the best food of any track I have been to and I have been to alot. As far as the guys leaving Screven and heading to Waycross, Im sure there will be a few that does it, but just remember Screven is also having a non-qualifiers race, so most will stay in one spot and pick up whatever money they can. I will be at Screven for both days myself, enjoying my share of frosty adult beverages. I hope you guys get to see some good racing this weekend, I know I will.
    Last edited by seifertfan2; 02-08-2012 at 08:56 PM.
    Chris Madden, 5 times Southern Nationals Champion!!!!

Only 3 days until Friday practice, any news of new confirmed driver's. Getting ready, haven't had dirt in my beer in over a month!

Quote Originally Posted by seifertfan2 View Post
    Yes Duane does go overboard alot, so Im not defending him, but for you to say something about the food at Screven is crazy. They have the best food of any track I have been to and I have been to alot. As far as the guys leaving Screven and heading to Waycross, Im sure there will be a few that does it, but just remember Screven is also having a non-qualifiers race, so most will stay in one spot and pick up whatever money they can. I will be at Screven for both days myself, enjoying my share of frosty adulot beverages. I hope you guys get to see some good racing this weekend, I know I will.
    LOL, I was just making a point that we are going to see races, not for the food. I want and know Screven is going to be loaded with good cars, but I also want a good show at Waycross. I try not to stir the pot, but he got carried away and I kept thinking maybe his parents would put Parental Block on his PC and give us a break! Have a great time this weekend at Screven as I will be enjoying Waycross and GIS.
    The Kerrminator

Quote Originally Posted by mf0521 View Post
    I started my own thread on this weekends racing since Im limited on where I can respond to
    here by 4m and high maint
    I just noticed your post MFO, why would you be limited. you always speak well of the tracks and drivers. What does High Maint got to do with anything?
    The Kerrminator

I kept having posts removed, they removed everyone i wrote on the screven thread,
    they said they had to be fair and remove me because i mentioned waycross, yet
    that idiot has numerous posts on this thread dogging waycross and promoting screven.
    So you can see why I know there is bias ...............
    Whats so funny is that guy cost that track more tickets than he promoted.
    I too hope everyone has a great weekend, feel free to jump in on my new thread,
    we are talking racing whichever place you may be headed.
    Last edited by mf0521; 02-07-2012 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kerrminator View Post
    LOL, I was just making a point that we are going to see races, not for the food. I want and know Screven is going to be loaded with good cars, but I also want a good show at Waycross. I try not to stir the pot, but he got carried away and I kept thinking maybe his parents would put Parental Block on his PC and give us a break! Have a great time this weekend at Screven as I will be enjoying Waycross and GIS.
    Thats cool man, if they did 4m would be alot quieter for all of us. LOL. I know the racing has to be good but the food has to be good as well, IMO. I love to eat! LOL
    Chris Madden, 5 times Southern Nationals Champion!!!!

This guy was brutal from the other thread

Originally Posted by Hardleft27
    $100 for my 7 year old and I to watch one set of heats and a feature? And it takes two nights to get it done. Even if the Ragu and Prego were served free, I will pass. Rather go down the road and watch 2 sets of heats and 2 features. I wouldn't trust the shrimp at any track! Bloomer will be down the road.