Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Ice Bowl

Default 2012 Ice Bowl

Roll Call, One Week Away ....

Default IN

going for the first time with Kyle Strickler mod #8

Default Ice bowl weather

I see where the forecast has rain for Saturday and Sunday now!

55 thursday, 60 friday, no rain in forcast so far, looks like a great ice bowl so far , yall come on down

I think there is rain in the forcast. At least in my area, which is 20 min west of TST.

58 high low 40 w/ 30% chance Sat and 62 high low 40 w/ 40% chance Sunday. That's what intellicast says for Eastaboga, AL.

Ronny Lee Hollingsworth and Ray Cook's websites both have them being there. Ronnie Johnson also said he would be there if the weather wasn't to cold or if there wasn't a 70%+ chance of rain.
    Last edited by heath58; 12-31-2011 at 09:20 PM.

Default Save your money

DAY 1: well in true TST fashion they have not worked on the track and it is falling apart! The cars cannot even go out there and practice because of all of the holes! How sad is this??!! All of the time that these guys have put into getting there cars ready and the track could not even do there part to make them a good track to practice/race on and the fans a good track to see a good race. They should give the people there money back for today because it is a waste!

SAVE YOUR MONEY PEOPLE AND DON'T GO OUT THERE!!!

I can't open the web page. Does anyone know the schedule for Saturday and Sunday?

I was afraid it would be rough due to the fact that it was a little rough at the end of last year after they put new clay on it and I doubt they would work on it, if they even could. I saw a pic on FB of turn 1&2 and it looked like ruts; kind of like what you would see at a motocross track. Hope it gets better for Saturday and Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by fireman15 View Post
    i can't open the web page. Does anyone know the schedule for saturday and sunday?

saturday january 7th

7:00am pits and grandstand gates open

7:00am driver registration opens for all divisions

7am – 10am breakfast served in the pit and main concession

9:00am mandatory drivers meeting all divisions

9:00am driver registration closes for all divisions

9:30am hot laps begin ( 2 laps )

11:00am racing begins

sunday january 8th

8:00am pits and grandstand gates open

8am – 10am breakfast served in the pit and main concession

9:45am – 10:15am church service

10:30am – 11:15am drivers autograph session

11:30am mandatory drivers meeting

11:50am invocation and national anthem

12noon first consolation race begins

Thank you bunches

No problem. I'm not sure I can wait till March to get back racing @ TST though!

I have just talked to the upper management at Talladega Short Track and they tell me they are as disappointed as anybody on the track conditions today after working on it for the past week and half. They are going to start to work back on the track after practice tonight and try to get the track in the best possible shape to race on for the remainder of the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by SASPR View Post
    I have just talked to the upper management at Talladega Short Track and they tell me they are as disappointed as anybody on the track conditions today after working on it for the past week and half. They are going to start to work back on the track after practice tonight and try to get the track in the best possible shape to race on for the remainder of the weekend.

TST will get it fixed, I'm sure of it!

Quote Originally Posted by SASPR View Post
    And you believed them?
    Sometimes I think I get off on the pain!

Not only did I believe them I watched them. And they will work on it again tonight and it will be better tomorrow.

Been a participant there for over 20 years and it has been a downward spiral the whole time.
    Sometimes I think I get off on the pain!

there is no fixing the mess they have made, these holes are measured in feet not inches.

In all fairness to TST .Every track I have seen put down new Clay in the south mainly have took at less 6 to 8 weeks of racing before the track is worth a crap..You can run heavy equipment on it all day long ..It still is not the same as a full race weekend..I knew this was going to happen..They get it fixed but it will be after the Icebowl..
    Action Figure Sold Separately !

Quote Originally Posted by 99plummer View Post
    In all fairness to TST .Every track I have seen put down new Clay in the south mainly have took at less 6 to 8 weeks of racing before the track is worth a crap..You can run heavy equipment on it all day long ..It still is not the same as a full race weekend..I knew this was going to happen..They get it fixed but it will be after the Icebowl..
    So I'm baffeled at that statement.....If you are just a normal spectator and knew that if you put new clay down that it would take 6 to 8 weeks to get in shape, then why did the upper management let it happen...There's no excuses...I was going to go there and race this weekend. I'm glad I didnt make the trip to be disappointed. There are drivers that make the haul and expect a track to be ready to race on.... Then they wonder why each year people decide not to race at that track...I'm not a basher I'm a racer, but take Responsibility for your actions.... I just watched the video of last nights practice and wow those are ruts and I wouldnt tear my car up on that track...I wouldnt be surprised if drivers dont start packing up their cars and leave!!! Maybe next year they wont make the same mistake, but the question will be how many drivers will take the chance to go their again after this years debacle.....Im not....