Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Ice Bowl

I'll be going just on Sunday, first time ever not going all three days.

Late Model Mark

Smile Tst

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado #28 View Post
    So I'm baffeled at that statement.....If you are just a normal spectator and knew that if you put new clay down that it would take 6 to 8 weeks to get in shape, then why did the upper management let it happen...There's no excuses...I was going to go there and race this weekend. I'm glad I didnt make the trip to be disappointed. There are drivers that make the haul and expect a track to be ready to race on.... Then they wonder why each year people decide not to race at that track...I'm not a basher I'm a racer, but take Responsibility for your actions.... I just watched the video of last nights practice and wow those are ruts and I wouldnt tear my car up on that track...I wouldnt be surprised if drivers dont start packing up their cars and leave!!! Maybe next year they wont make the same mistake, but the question will be how many drivers will take the chance to go their again after this years debacle.....Im not....
    Its packed with plenty of fans and participants every year. No different to any other year.

Quote Originally Posted by lockwire View Post
    Its packed with plenty of fans and participants every year. No different to any other year.
    This thread was about the state of the track, not fans being in the seats...!!!!!!! Thats what i was commenting on.....The TRACK..!!!!

your right about that. no matter the condition of the track, the lack of passing, and the God awful bathrooms, the place is packed out with fans and cars year after year. gotta hand it to the tst staff. they know how to make a ton of money and not give a sh*t at the same time. amazing......

Lightbulb roll call

This thread was about the state of the track, not fans being in the seats...!!!!!!! Thats what i was commenting on.....The TRACK..!!!!
    Actually the thread started about the Roll Call, the track is often in bad condition at this time of year, it normal for conditions here. Other tracks have the same problem from time to time in GA.

Thumbs down

Yea and KEEP ya jive as in Colorado we dont NEED you or WANT you in Alabama YOU BITCHIN LITTLE BITCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by racinred View Post
    Yea and KEEP ya jive as in Colorado we dont NEED you or WANT you in Alabama YOU BITCHIN LITTLE BITCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now I'm amazed.....Almost all of the posts on this (Roll call thread) were from people from the state of Alabama....People that only live 15 minutes from the track.....So im curious what do you call them? There in your state of Alabama....Maybe you should read before you start yelling with those capitals...Again as a racer, I was commenting just like everybody else about the track....Your probally not a racer and dont understand hauling your car from state to state and have the track not be ready to race...You tear up a Rf or LF and thats about $500.00 dollars worth of parts just to try and win....But I know that going in because I race and that comes with the territory...

So Racinred you have a nice day!!!!

Does anyone Know where the 8 of david Burton in the crate division was running and how he crashed

Now I'm amazed.....Almost all of the posts on this (Roll call thread) were from people from the state of Alabama....People that only live 15 minutes from the track.....So im curious what do you call them? There in your state of Alabama....Maybe you should read before you start yelling with those capitals...Again as a racer, I was commenting just like everybody else about the track....Your probally not a racer and dont understand hauling your car from state to state and have the track not be ready to race...You tear up a Rf or LF and thats about $500.00 dollars worth of parts just to try and win....But I know that going in because I race and that comes with the territory...

we are called the same. lol. ......ignore it man. i've been called everything on here by drivers, fans, and promoters. doesnt bother me, cause usually when it happens, somebody gets mad because its the truth.

so your from colorado. i really enjoy watching kelly boen race. just rarely get too. good luck this year.

The only trouble you would have is the boys from Alabama would smoke your butt, I doubt you would even qualify. Ive probably been attached to more championships than you have won races so forget about your high handed BS.

The only trouble you would have is the boys from Alabama would smoke your butt, I doubt you would even qualify. Ive probably been attached to more championships than you have won races so forget about your high handed BS.
    and you take the tst regulars and put them in colorado, colorado would smoke their butt. at least the man traveled. outside of busha and wilson, none of the tst regulars are worth a crap anywhere else. i have traveled to alot of tracks outside of bama in my 25 years following the sport, and bama drivers are the worst away from home.

Agree with you 100% Dirt Crow, I have noticed the same thing, the only place the tst regulars can race and do any good is at there local track!!!

here is a coulple of picts from facebook...pictures worh 1000 word...glad i stayed home...several teams I no went down and the same was said by them

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/23992195

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    and you take the tst regulars and put them in colorado, colorado would smoke their butt. at least the man traveled. outside of busha and wilson, none of the tst regulars are worth a crap anywhere else. i have traveled to alot of tracks outside of bama in my 25 years following the sport, and bama drivers are the worst away from home.
    That would be fair comment as to the guys that do not travel, including most everyone.

Here is something to think about: the track is the same for EVERBODY! Also in the pic that gifford posted I see a least TWO grooves with a rough spot in the middle. so why the complaints? geez some will complain if you beat em with a new ball bat. hahahahaha. SERIOUSLY guys its DIRT track racing, if you want a perfectly smooth and/or tacky track your not usually going to find it at a big event with so many cars on it. We didnt make it down this year but several friends did and they all said it was as usual a good time. See ya'll at the bama bash
    Tim Totherow T39racer
    www.t39racer.com
    Hightower Racing Transmissions
    www.carolinadriveline.com
    JT-1 Racing Engines

People are usually on here complaing because TST is blacked over and dryslick at The Ice Bowl,evidently that wasn't the case this year.You can't please everyone,rough is usually racey at least,although tough on equipment.
    It was below freezing prior to the weekend and that's usually hard on track prep.

now Colorado, see what you and ole crow bait done started, truth be known i am sure tst is glad either of you was not there , there is no telling what kind of bad mouthing you would be doing

Talking

crow bait. funny.

Smile

i thought you would appricuate that

For the most part, the crow is correct about the TST drivers away from the hornets nest, however the crow fails to remember that Busha went up to Winchester and won a coupls $3-granders up there. Ole Right Foot has done ok in Mississippi.

Late Model Mark