Default wtb stock roller cam and rollers 2.3 and stock ranger header in good shape

let me know what you got thanks jeff

Default Cam and rollers

I may have what you need. Got a stock roller cam and the roller rockers. The motor came out of a 96 ranger that I bought for the block. They are still in the head but I can remove the cam and followers if that's all you want. Also have the factory header but I think it's been cut while it was being pulled out with the motor. I can ship these if you want as well from 63640. I'll take $100 for all. Text or call 573-701-6225

Be aware that Ford changed the valve stem diameter in '95. '95 and up roller followers won't work with the 11/32" valve stems. The cam is essentialy the same, you just need the earlier, cast body, follower. The '95+ followers are easily identified because they're stamped steel instead of cast.

Default cam followers

im sure i have to if you need let me know??! 678 878 9785 dan

I have a complete OEM roller head, late 80s. Make offer if interested.

I think i have the cam under control looking for a good deal on on a stock header thanks Jeff

Default header $45 bucks have it

call 678 878 9785

When Ford changed the valve stem size on the 2.3L they changed the rockers to stamped steel instead of cast. They also changed the rocker ratio at the same time. The stamped rockers have a higher ratio. Because of this Ford reduced the lift on the roller cams that were installed in these engines so that the actual lift at the valve was the same as the old roller cams.

The results of all this is using an early roller cam in a late 2.3L with the stamped rockers and the smaller valve stems will net you higher lift at the valve.

Using a late roller cam in an early head with cast rockers will reduce total valve lift. Not something anyone wants.

Dan I sent you a pm could I also get some pics jeffg@vandaliamo.net Thanks Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jimbbski View Post
    When Ford changed the valve stem size on the 2.3L they changed the rockers to stamped steel instead of cast. They also changed the rocker ratio at the same time. The stamped rockers have a higher ratio. Because of this Ford reduced the lift on the roller cams that were installed in these engines so that the actual lift at the valve was the same as the old roller cams.

The results of all this is using an early roller cam in a late 2.3L with the stamped rockers and the smaller valve stems will net you higher lift at the valve.

Using a late roller cam in an early head with cast rockers will reduce total valve lift. Not something anyone wants.
    Complete and total myth. It's already been debunked on at least one other website. The "early" and "late" roller cams are functionally identical, and the roller follower both have the same ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by 29 avenger View Post
    Dan I sent you a pm could I also get some pics jeffg@vandaliamo.net Thanks Jeff
    yes jeff it will cost 20 bucks so 65 its yours im sending pic now!! it is straight of truck no welding or cutting nice virgin header! still has o2 sensor
    Last edited by Dan32; 01-16-2012 at 03:15 PM.