Default which combo to build ?

grand national / sportsman division allows 3 different motors -

363 ci max 48lb crank, flat top pistons - stock steel prodution cylinder heads ( 882 993 441 461 487x 487 ) etc , flat tappet cam max .500 lift - victor jr intake
    or
    360 ci max 48lb crank, flat top pistons - 11:1 compression (sportsman2 heads) roller cam allowed but .500 max lift -victor jr intake
    or
    any motor over 365 ci must use stock prodution intake

( http://www.wismotorsports.net/files/2012gn.pdf ) is the rules page if i missed anything

WHICH IS THE MORE POPULAR COMBO TO GO WITH ????? i raced mods for 6 years and just venturing else were for ahile Thanks for any input

2 or 4 barrel carbs are allowed also

The second combo 360 with the world product heads i think you will get a little more out of the heads then stock heads and the roller cam will help save on valve train wear mite cost alittle more now but will save you in the long run. JMO

any idea who makes a good roller cam at .500 max lift ? i guess when i think roller i usually see .580 or better

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    I get my custom cams from Camcraft.

Not sure why anyone would choose a motor option with all those specs when there is one with no specs but the intake manifold?

In tech with the two small combos you could have to pull the crank,lol for them to weigh it.

Stock production intake might even include the tall bowtie intake, that thing is huge.

My car had a performer intake on it and I put a bowtie marine intake on. Never dynoed it but defenetly can tell a huge difference. I believe they even made one in aluminum.

no marine intakes lol

Holley pn 300-36 is also a Z28 copy. They used to sell them under the name Contender.

Curt Drake
    Pro Am #55x

I got a marine intake, tall tall tall. looking to sell. $200 Privet message me
    BUSTING OURS TO KICK YOURS